Ciscoe’s Tips of the Week:
– Bait for slug using the safer slug baits containing iron phosphate as the main ingredient.
– Support local plant sales that support great institutions and causes such as Children’s Hospital, the Arboretum, and The Master Gardeners.
– Feed Rhododendrons with organic Rhododendron food.
Ciscoe’s Tips of the Month for April
– Rent an aeration machine to pull plugs from the lawn. Leave plugs and allow to break down naturally.
– Top dress with a layer of organic compost, making sure not to cover more than 1/3 of the grass blades.
– Divide summer and fall blooming perennials and replant with natural fertilizer.