Ciscoe’s Tips of the Week:
– It’s not too late to sow the seeds of peas, spinach, radishes, turnips and Swiss chard directly into the garden. Work in about a cup of organic vegetable food and a half-cup bone meal per five-row feet before planting.
– Sow the seeds the annual flowers such as Bachelor’s buttons, calendula, California poppy, forget-me-nots and sweet peas directly into the garden. Work organic flower food into the soil before sowing the seed.
– Fertilize houseplants with a soluble houseplant food every two week. Dilute amount of fertilizer depending on how much light plants receive. Very low light 1/4 strength, full-sun, full-strength.
Ciscoe’s Tips of the month for March:
– Prune roses and work in a mix of alfalfa meal and natural all-purpose fertilizer.
– Apply alfalfa meal and organic fertilizer to get perennials off to a galloping start.
– Rent a dethatching machine to remove moss from lawn before applying a moss control.