Updated Nov 19, 2013 - 3:07 pm
Seahawks stats: Where Cliff Avril stands alone
By Brady Henderson
The Seahawks weren't just getting a sack machine when they signed Cliff Avril in the offseason. Seattle was also adding a pass rusher who had forced 16 fumbles over his five NFL seasons.
According to ESPN Stats & Information, Seattle's Cliff Avril is the only NFL player with at least 25 sacks and 10 forced fumbles since 2011. Avril recorded one of each on the same play during the first quarter of Sunday's game. (AP)
That gave Avril 6.5 sacks and three forced fumbles this season. He has 27 sacks and 11 forced fumbles since the start of the 2011 season, and according to ESPN Stats & Information, he's the only NFL player with at least 25 sacks and 10 forced fumbles in that span.
Avril has at least a half sack in each of Seattle's last five games. His 6.5 sacks this season are tied with Michael Bennett for the team lead.
A few more Seahawks-related notes from ESPN Stats & Information:
• Seattle's defense held Minnesota's Adrian Peterson to a 3.1 yards-per-carry average (65 yards on 21 carries), which was nearly a yard and a half below his average over the first nine games (4.5). His average of 1.28 yards after contact per rush was nearly a yard below his season average entering the game (2.2).
• Russell Wilson is now one win shy of the NFL record for most wins by a starting quarterback in his first two seasons since 1966. Wilson is tied with Hall of Famer Dan Marino for second on that list with 21, one shy of the record held by Ben Roethlisberger. Only two other starting quarterbacks in the Super Bow era – Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco – won 20 games in their first two seasons.
• Wilson now has a 13-0 regular-season record at CenturyLink Field, and if Seattle wins its final three home games he will tie the NFL mark for most consecutive home wins by a quarterback to start his career. Danny White owns the record with 16. Next are Kurt Warner (15) and Marc Bulger (14).
• The Seahawks have won 13 straight games at CenturyLink Field, which is the NFL's longest active home winning streak.
• The Seahawks have a winning streak of at least six games for the first time since 2005, when they won 11 straight regular-season games en route to the Super Bowl.
Follow Brady Henderson on Twitter @BradyHenderson.
- Bob and Groz
Seahawks' Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
Seahawks' Doug Baldwin hoping for long-term deal
- Brent Stecker
What we learned from Huskies spring practice
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.