How well would you do on new Sports Jeopardy!?
The classic game show Jeopardy! is getting a spinoff with Sports Jeopardy!
The new show will be hosted by sportscaster Dan Patrick and appear on Crackle, an online entertainment distributor.
Sports Jeopardy! is searching for contestants now. The show will cover sports-related material from all areas including historical, amateur, youth, professional, and world sports.
“The aim is never to stump, but always to challenge the depth of knowledge and passion our contestants and viewers have for all competitive pursuits,” says Sports Jeopardy!
Here are a few sample questions:
1. Baseball History: He held the career stolen base record until Lou Brock broke it
2. Sports 2014: In an inspiring story, Meb Keflezighi became the first American man to win this event since 1983
3. Alma Mater: Tiger Woods, an alumnus of the university, wears a red shirt on the final day of tournaments
4. On the cover: This Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover girl is married to the 2003 U.S. Open Tennis Champion
5. The Super Bowl: One of the few defensive players to win the Super Bowl MVP was this Tampa Bay Safety who intercepted Rich Gannon Twice
6. Geography Class: Of the 4 major pro sports halls of fame, it’s the furthest east
KIRO Radio’s Dori Monson, who’s spent many years as a sports broadcaster and hosts the pre and post-games for the Seattle Seahawks, gave the questions a go on his show. Take a listen to see how he did.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to compete, you can apply online.
Answers: 1. Who is Ty Cobb, 2. What is the Boston Marathon?, 3. What is Stanford?, 4. Who is Brooklyn Decker, 5. Who is Dexter Jackson?, 6. What is Basketball (Hall of Fame)?