Golden Corral has its own ‘Edward Snowden’
Warning: Do not eat while watching these videos.
Meet the self-proclaimed Edward Snowden of fast-food restaurants: Golden Corral cook Brandon Huber. He shot a video of what he thought were unsanitary conditions at the Port Orange, Florida franchise and tried to sell it for $5,000.
“I’m an employee, I’ve been working here for a long time, and I don’t feel that this is right,” wrote Brandon on YouTube.
In the video, Brandon “exposes” meat that is stored near garbage cans, which he claims was then fed to unwitting customers.
But Golden Corral issued a statement contradicting some of Brandon’s claims:
“In regard to the video that is currently being circulated by an employee of Golden Corral of an isolated incident of improper food handling at our Port Orange, Florida location please note
1. The food in the video was never served to a single customer.
2. All of the food was thrown away immediately.
3. The employee in the video participated in disposing of the food.
4. The employee in the video – through his father – offered to sell the video.
5. The manager of the restaurant was terminated.”
Even though it looks like Brandon’s claims are false, it could do real damage to the restaurant chain.
“Is that kid a punk for trying to destroy his company,” asked Dori, “or is he a hero, or something in-between?”