Weekly knowledge-off quiz: Nunson October 19, 2012 @ 11:29 am (Updated: 12:50 pm - 10/19/12 )
1. The off-Broadway musical "Nunsense" was adapted from what?
A. A short story
B. A real-life tragedy
C. A comic strip
D. A line of greeting cards
2. The Sound of Music was chock full of nuns. But it wasn't chock full of fun for actor Christopher Plummer, who hated working on the film. What was Plummer's nickname for the movie?
A. The Sound of Misery
B. The Sound of Mucus
C. The Sound of Silence
D. The Sound of a Stalled Career
3. Washington's Shaw Island is also known as "Nun's Island." What TV show filmed a scene on location there?
A. Highway to Heaven
B. Twin Peaks
C. The West Wing
D. The Real World: Cancun
4. Sally Field was not the first person selected to play The Flying Nun in the old TV series. Who was originally offered the part?
A. Patty Duke
B. Penny Marshall
C. Mary Tyler Moore
D. The guy who played Klinger on M*A*S*H (Jamie Farr)
5. Whoopi Goldberg, without a doubt, is most celebrated for her role as a pretend nun in the film "Sister Act." But Whoopi isn't just an actress - she also started her own line of bedding with a style inspired by what?
A. An Irish fairy tale
B. A teddy bear
C. Her daughter
D. A dragon tattoo
Answers: 1. D, 2. B, 3. C, 4. A, 5. D
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.