5 words to strike from your vocabularyFebruary 13, 2013 @ 9:19 am
Buyers, sellers, agents take note . . .
Forbes conducted an informal poll of communication experts and career advisers to discover the biggest turn-off words.
These words are most commonly used as fillers, qualifiers, and jargon. Among the words to strike from common use:
- Like -The word shows incompetence and poor communication skills.
- Never - It "eliminates even the possibility of an idea -- it can be discouraging and naive," according to Forbes experts.
- Innovative - This has become an overused buzz word.
- Probably - It's tentative and doesn't reflect confidence.
- No - Nobody wants to hear "no," so try replacing it with "I wish I could," experts note.
Council vs Columbus
Seattle will consider a resolution to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
Whatever it Takes
Ricardo Lockette takes playing time with the Seahawks over pride
How Bellevue will handle students who transfer from 'failing' schools
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.