5 words to strike from your vocabularyFebruary 13, 2013 @ 9:19 am
Buyers, sellers, agents take note . . .
Forbes conducted an informal poll of communication experts and career advisers to discover the biggest turn-off words.
These words are most commonly used as fillers, qualifiers, and jargon. Among the words to strike from common use:
- Like -The word shows incompetence and poor communication skills.
- Never - It "eliminates even the possibility of an idea -- it can be discouraging and naive," according to Forbes experts.
- Innovative - This has become an overused buzz word.
- Probably - It's tentative and doesn't reflect confidence.
- No - Nobody wants to hear "no," so try replacing it with "I wish I could," experts note.
Seahawks Fall to Chargers
Mistakes cost the Seahawks in a 30-21 loss to San Diego
Week In Photos
Striking photos from around the world this week
Young Seattle astronomer discovers new stars, success in space
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.