5 words to strike from your vocabularyFebruary 13, 2013 @ 9:19 am
Buyers, sellers, agents take note . . .
Forbes conducted an informal poll of communication experts and career advisers to discover the biggest turn-off words.
These words are most commonly used as fillers, qualifiers, and jargon. Among the words to strike from common use:
- Like -The word shows incompetence and poor communication skills.
- Never - It "eliminates even the possibility of an idea -- it can be discouraging and naive," according to Forbes experts.
- Innovative - This has become an overused buzz word.
- Probably - It's tentative and doesn't reflect confidence.
- No - Nobody wants to hear "no," so try replacing it with "I wish I could," experts note.
Making It Matter
Cancer-fighting 14-year-old lives each day like it's the last with an army at his back
Plenty To Say
Seahawk Richard Sherman had plenty to say Tuesday about the NFL and its 'hypocrisy'
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.