5 signs a promising neighborhood is ready to shineMarch 3, 2014 @ 8:48 am (Updated: 1:59 pm - 3/4/14 )
Bargain-hunting homebuyers willing to purchase in an up-and-coming neighborhood can get a good deal and, as Trulia's Michael Corbett says, "get in on the ground floor of appreciation."
Here are five signs that a neighborhood is about to take off:
1. An up-and-coming neighborhood often is characterized by retail or residential construction that is already in progress.
2. They also often are found where trendy establishments, such as wine bars or farm-to-table restaurants, are opening.
3. Buyers also should look for neighborhoods adjacent to big cities or those where crime is on the decline.
4. Public building projects are on the rise.
5. Renovated homes are going on the market.
Beast is Back
Marshawn Lynch strolled into the VMAC Thursday afternoon, ending a seven-day holdout
Climate Change Winner
A forecaster says the Pacific Northwest will be on the winning side of climate change
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.