Kerry ParkJune 20, 2008 @ 10:33 am (Updated: 10:24 am - 3/27/11 )
On summer weekends wedding parties come here for photo opportunities, and television crews set up at the park almost daily to capture a quintessential shot of Puget Sound.
A plaque in the park reads: "Kerry Park given to the City in 1927 by Mr. and Mrs. Albert Sperry Kerry, Sr., so that all who stop here may enjoy this view." Even locals brave the tourists to enjoy this spot on Queen Anne Hill's West Highland Drive.
Doris Chase's sculpture, "Changing Form," was added to the park in 1971 as a gift from the Kerry children. Park benches, coin operated telescopes and a water fountain complete this park.
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.