Nine buzzwords that boost luxury home sales
Ever wonder what amenities draw the eye of the well-off?
Marble, big windows, and wine cellars are becoming popular words in listing ads to sell high-end homes, according to a new study by Trulia.
The study defined luxury listings as those valued four times the median asking price in an area.
The following buzz words have grown in luxury listings the past two years:
- Marble bath: +78 percen
- Oversized windows: +56 percent
- Ceiling windows: +37 percent
- Floor-to-ceiling windows: +39 percent
- Wine cellars: +30 percent
- Marble floors: +30 percent
- Gyms: +28 percent
- Private elevators: +24 percent
- Tennis courts: +24 percent