Eight interior features home shoppers desire
Some home shoppers say they are willing to spend thousands of dollars more than the asking price of the home in order to have certain interior features.
The most coveted home features tend to center around the kitchen, such as stainless steel appliances and a kitchen island, according to Errol Samuelson, president of realtor.com.
24/7 Wall St. used data from the National Association of Realtors to determine some of the most desired home features. Here are eight features that made the list and how much extra, on average, buyers say they’re willing to pay for having that feature in a home:
- Central air conditioning: $2,520
- New kitchen appliances: $1,840
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom: $1,350
- Granite countertops: $1,620
- Hardwood floors: $2,080
- Private master bath: $2,030
- Kitchen island: $1,370
- Stainless steel appliances: $1,850