Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 12:40 am
Fifth round (No. 137): DT Jesse Williams, Alabama
The rationale: Calling him a strong nose tackle might be an understatement. Last summer, there was a picture Tweeted of him bench-pressing 600 pounds. Yeah. He can move a house.
|Height/Weight:||6-4, 320 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 5, 137 overall|
|Notable:||A native of Australia and a starter on Alabama's BCS Title teams in 2011 and '12.|
Williams, meanwhile, is built according to the specs of long and strong linemen that have served Seattle so well with a player like Red Bryant, Alan Branch and now Tony McDaniel. Williams is 6 feet 4, his weight listed everywhere from 320 to 340.
The risk: Bryan Broadus – a former scout who know lives in Dallas and writes for the Cowboys – wondered about the healthy of Williams' knee recently. Williams did not work out at the combine nor participate in the Senior Bowl.
Williams is from Brisbane, Australia and began playing football at age 14. He originally committed to Hawaii, but wound up at an Arizona junior college where he became a top prospect. He played the past two years at Alabama.
No scouting report can be complete without mentioning the man has "YOLO" tattooed on his face, just in front of one of his sideburns. The acronym stands for, "You Only Live Once."
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »