Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 12:40 am
Fifth round (No. 137): DT Jesse Williams, Alabama
The rationale: Calling him a strong nose tackle might be an understatement. Last summer, there was a picture Tweeted of him bench-pressing 600 pounds. Yeah. He can move a house.
|Height/Weight:||6-4, 320 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 5, 137 overall|
|Notable:||A native of Australia and a starter on Alabama's BCS Title teams in 2011 and '12.|
Williams, meanwhile, is built according to the specs of long and strong linemen that have served Seattle so well with a player like Red Bryant, Alan Branch and now Tony McDaniel. Williams is 6 feet 4, his weight listed everywhere from 320 to 340.
The risk: Bryan Broadus – a former scout who know lives in Dallas and writes for the Cowboys – wondered about the healthy of Williams' knee recently. Williams did not work out at the combine nor participate in the Senior Bowl.
Williams is from Brisbane, Australia and began playing football at age 14. He originally committed to Hawaii, but wound up at an Arizona junior college where he became a top prospect. He played the past two years at Alabama.
No scouting report can be complete without mentioning the man has "YOLO" tattooed on his face, just in front of one of his sideburns. The acronym stands for, "You Only Live Once."
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »