Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 2:42 pm
Sixth round (No. 194): RB Spencer Ware, LSU
The rationale: The Seahawks' offense will remain oriented around the run even as quarterback Russell Wilson emerges. Still, Seattle has a starting running back in Marshawn Lynch, a reserve in Robert Turbin – a fourth-round pick last year – and chose Christine Michael in the second round on Friday.
|Height/Weight:||5-11, 229 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 6, 194 overall|
|Notable:||Played OF on LSU's baseball team for part of the 2011 season.|
Ware rushed for 367 yards last season as a junior, No. 4 on the team. He was second the year before, gaining 707 yards.
The risk: Ware – like Seattle's fifth-round pick, Tharold Simon – was suspended for a game in 2011 after testing positive for synthetic marijuana.
Adding Ware to the roster will leave someone as the odd man out in a backfield that already has three tailbacks and a fullback in Robinson, who was a special teams captain.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »