Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 2:42 pm
Sixth round (No. 194): RB Spencer Ware, LSU
The rationale: The Seahawks' offense will remain oriented around the run even as quarterback Russell Wilson emerges. Still, Seattle has a starting running back in Marshawn Lynch, a reserve in Robert Turbin – a fourth-round pick last year – and chose Christine Michael in the second round on Friday.
|Height/Weight:||5-11, 229 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 6, 194 overall|
|Notable:||Played OF on LSU's baseball team for part of the 2011 season.|
Ware rushed for 367 yards last season as a junior, No. 4 on the team. He was second the year before, gaining 707 yards.
The risk: Ware – like Seattle's fifth-round pick, Tharold Simon – was suspended for a game in 2011 after testing positive for synthetic marijuana.
Adding Ware to the roster will leave someone as the odd man out in a backfield that already has three tailbacks and a fullback in Robinson, who was a special teams captain.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »