Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 2:42 pm
Sixth round (No. 194): RB Spencer Ware, LSU
The rationale: The Seahawks' offense will remain oriented around the run even as quarterback Russell Wilson emerges. Still, Seattle has a starting running back in Marshawn Lynch, a reserve in Robert Turbin – a fourth-round pick last year – and chose Christine Michael in the second round on Friday.
|Height/Weight:||5-11, 229 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 6, 194 overall|
|Notable:||Played OF on LSU's baseball team for part of the 2011 season.|
Ware rushed for 367 yards last season as a junior, No. 4 on the team. He was second the year before, gaining 707 yards.
The risk: Ware – like Seattle's fifth-round pick, Tharold Simon – was suspended for a game in 2011 after testing positive for synthetic marijuana.
Adding Ware to the roster will leave someone as the odd man out in a backfield that already has three tailbacks and a fullback in Robinson, who was a special teams captain.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- More Seattle Mariners »