Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 2:42 pm
Sixth round (No. 194): RB Spencer Ware, LSU
The rationale: The Seahawks' offense will remain oriented around the run even as quarterback Russell Wilson emerges. Still, Seattle has a starting running back in Marshawn Lynch, a reserve in Robert Turbin – a fourth-round pick last year – and chose Christine Michael in the second round on Friday.
|Height/Weight:||5-11, 229 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 6, 194 overall|
|Notable:||Played OF on LSU's baseball team for part of the 2011 season.|
Ware rushed for 367 yards last season as a junior, No. 4 on the team. He was second the year before, gaining 707 yards.
The risk: Ware – like Seattle's fifth-round pick, Tharold Simon – was suspended for a game in 2011 after testing positive for synthetic marijuana.
Adding Ware to the roster will leave someone as the odd man out in a backfield that already has three tailbacks and a fullback in Robinson, who was a special teams captain.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- More Seattle Mariners »