Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 4:41 pm
Seventh round (No. 242): OT Michael Bowie, Northeastern State
|Height/Weight:||6-4, 323 lbs.|
|Drafted:||Round 7, 242 overall|
|Notable:||Dismissed from Oklahoma State's football team before the 2012 season.|
The rationale: The thinnest patch on Seattle's offensive line was at offensive tackle. Russell Okung was a Pro Bowler on the left side, Breno Giacomini a full-time starter. Frank Omiyale was the team's top reserve last season, but he is unsigned. Paul McQuistan has also played some tackle, and Mike Person was on Seattle's practice squad last year and was later promoted to the active roster.
Bowie was a junior-college transfer who became a part-time starter for Oklahoma State in 2011, a year the Cowboys won the Big 12 championship. He was dismissed from the team for violating team rules before last season started and transferred to Northeastern State in Oklahoma.
The risk: Bowie has played one year of top-tier college football, starting at junior college and playing one season in the Big 12 before he was dismissed by Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy and concluding his career at a Division II school.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »