Buyers, sellers, agents take note . . .
Forbes conducted an informal poll of communication experts and career advisers to discover the biggest turn-off words.
These words are most commonly used as fillers, qualifiers, and jargon. Among the words to strike from common use:
- Like -The word shows incompetence and poor communication skills.
- Never – It “eliminates even the possibility of an idea — it can be discouraging and naive,” according to Forbes experts.
- Innovative – This has become an overused buzz word.
- Probably – It’s tentative and doesn’t reflect confidence.
- No – Nobody wants to hear “no,” so try replacing it with “I wish I could,” experts note.