Emergency Shelter & Transitional Housing program
Broadview provides both emergency shelter and transitional housing to homeless women and children in a secure, confidential facility. Their mission is to help residents cope with the trauma of displacement and abuse, develop a strong community support system, and find and secure permanent housing.
Each Broadview family stays in their own furnished apartment with onsite staffing 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. Household supplies, personal hygiene items, bus tickets and emergency food are also available.
A safe haven for homeless women & children
Broadview offers a broad range of comprehensive support services onsite including:
- 24-hour crisis intervention
- advocacy-based counseling
- goal setting and weekly progress meetings
- domestic violence education and support groups
- legal advocacy
- addiction recovery services
- mental health counseling
- access and referrals to healthcare
- resource referrals for education, food, legal services and housing
To help restore a sense of safety, normalcy and structure, Broadview offers specialized services for children, including:
- immunizations and health screenings
- enrollment in schools
- access to computers, homework groups and tutoring
- age-appropriate support and social groups
- recreational outings
Learn more about the Broadview Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing, part of Solid Ground, by visiting their website at www.solid-ground.org.
Bonneville Seattle celebrates Broadview Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing as its Charity of the Month.