Hometown Heroes Official RulesDecember 16, 2013 @ 11:40 am (Updated: 11:21 am - 12/18/13 )
http://mynorthwest.com/ (the "Site"). The Contest is open to all legal Washington State residents ("Contestant") at the time of entry residing within the State of Washington in the following counties: King, Pierce, Snohomish, Kitsap, Thurston or Island. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant's chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the "Sponsors"), as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, are ineligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of contest or prize winners. The phrase "members of the same household" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as in-laws or by current or past marriages, remarriages, adoption, co- habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household, whether or not related.
3. Prizes. All taxes and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner (see "Taxes"). Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize or component of comparable value should the original prize or component be unavailable, regardless of reason. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of the Station/Judges are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor prior to being awarded Prizes. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to complete and sign a W-9 form as well as a release form when applicable. In addition to signing a Winner's Release form relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize. Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management. Prizes awarded by the Station must be picked up at the Station's studios at 1820 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle, WA, 98102 during the business hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, not including holidays.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor(s), the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest.
6. Taxes. The winner will receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Contest Sponsor and will be responsible to pay all taxes associated with the winnings. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600.00 or more.
7. Representations and Warranties. By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted a viable e-mail address; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant's entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
8. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
9. Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site online at www.MyNorthwest.com, or at the studios of the Station, at 1820 Eastlake Ave E, Seattle, WA, 98102 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, not including holidays, or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted at www.MyNorthwest.com. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
10. Facebook or its entities have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in Station's Contests or any prize awarded. Station's Contests are in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.