The Keeper Program is a working vacation.
Can you turn out the lights Saturday night and live by candle for an hour? Earth Hour, an international campaign to make a stand against climate change, takes place from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. March 28.
Photos from around the world this week.
Associated PressSeattle mayor: No city-funded travel to Indiana
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says he will not allow work-related city-funded travel to Indiana after the passage of a new law that has the potential to discriminate against LGBT people.
KIRO RadioChokepoints: It'll be tough to get around Seattle this weekend
The Washington State Department of Transportation is closing portions of Highway 99 through Seattle and closing all westbound lanes of I-90 between Mercer Island and Seattle.
KIRO RadioVindicated: Friends of Amanda Knox celebrate acquittal, 'justice delayed'
"It's justice delayed, but it wasn't justice denied."
710 ESPN SeattlePhoto gallery: Russell Wilson suits up for Texas Rangers at spring training
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson spent Saturday playing second base and hitting with the Texas Rangers, who drafted him in the Rule 5 draft in 2013.
Associated PressWoman, 2 year old killed, man injured in Bremerton shooting
Kitsap County Sheriff's deputies are on the scene of a double homicide in Bremerton.
Associated PressFire official: 4 homes damaged in landslide south of Seattle
A South King Fire and Rescue official says a landslide damaged four homes in Des Moines.
Shannon Drayer, 710 ESPN SportsMariners' David Rollins regrets decision to take banned substance
Mariners' David Rollins knows he has let an opportunity get by with the decision to take a banned substance, which has resulted in an 80-game suspension.
Associated PressUW Medical Center approved for face, hand transplants
The University of Washington Medical Center has received approval to perform face, hand and other life-altering transplants.
Associated PressJudge fines Washington florist over same-sex wedding flowers
A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioFranchisee says Seattle's minimum wage is 'going to be a tragedy'
Heidi Mann and her husband are parents of five. They make a living as owners of two Subway locations, but now face the possibility of closing at least one.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: With apologies to Dori, walking and biking safer than driving
If walkers and cyclist are involved in 3 percent of collisions, as SDOT director Scott Kubly says, it means that motorists are involved in the other 97 percent.
710 ESPN SeattleFelix Hernandez talks Mariners, family, fashion and cars
Fresh off a strong spring training start, Mariners ace Felix Hernandez joined "Danny, Dave and Moore" for an interview that was as funny as it was informative.
Associated PressPolice search for person of interest in SeaTac homicide
A King County sheriff's spokesman says a 42-year-old man was fatally shot in the face Thursday evening in the Seattle suburb of SeaTac.
MyNorthwestSound Transit trying to convince Legislature to allow $15B measure
Sound Transit hopes area voters will approve a new $15 billion tax package next year. But the agency can't even ask until the Legislature gives its approval.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioPro-choicers and pro-lifers find harmony in Washington
Dave Ross says the remarkable thing about Peggy Young's case is that it put pro-choice liberals and pro-life conservatives on the same side of the issue.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioTangney's review: 'Get Hard' will get laughs, but it's hardly good
Tom Tangney says 'Get Hard' is exactly what you'd expect from a Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart vehicle - it's dumb, low-brow, and yes, funny, even if only intermittently.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson works out with Texas Rangers
- Zunino hits two homers but Ramirez blows lead in Mariners' loss
- Mariners' David Rollins regrets decision to take banned substance
- Big man Karnowski leads Zags past UCLA, into first Elite Eight since 1999
- Follow NCAA Tournament action here
- Reports: Free-agent NT Letroy Guion visited Seahawks
- Zduriencik on Miller's defense, Taylor's recovery, other M's topics
- Baby claps on ultrasound and Skorheims welcome baby
- With apologies to Dori, walking and biking safer than driving
- 'Get Hard' will get laughs, but it's hardly good
- Tax scams: How to handle a bogus claim - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Poll: Seahawks throwback jerseys?
- Is Todd Starnes of FOX News a parody of a religious fanatic?
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- Kent condo fire displaces 5
- Zunino homers twice, but Giants rally to edge Mariners 9-8
- Woman, 2 year old killed, man injured in Bremerton shooting
- Seattle mayor: No city-funded travel to Indiana
- UW Medical Center approved for face, hand transplants
- Investigation leads arrest of 19 in Vancouver neighborhood
- Governor says no to special prosecutor in police shooting
Tax scams: How to handle a bogus claim - 9 a.m. Sunday
April 15 is right around the corner and tax scammers have surfaced again.
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
- Housing affordability: Detroit, San Francisco at ends of spectrum
- Survey reveals most millennials unaware of closing costs
- Zillow rolls out new search tool targeting agent specialties
- Demand is high, so why are builders so cautious?
- Plan on writing credit bureau to clear up problem
- 7 shot and injured at Florida spring break house party
- Wildfire threatens Montana ski area, forcing evacuation
- LA light rail train hits car, partially derails; 21 hurt
- Decorated Boston cop in coma after being shot in face
- Bird flu found in a top Minnesota turkey producing county
- Police officer wounded in Arizona Wal-Mart melee recovering
- Bride accused of niece's death after wedding found guilty
- Argument between Seattle driver and biker becomes a viral sensation
- Former Amazon Web Services employees merge cloud consulting firms
- HBO expanding Seattle engineering office in advance of HBO Now launch
- Microsoft and Yahoo search alliance in flux, as revised contract changes key deadline
- Tech Moves: Sandell leaves Tableau’s board; Lisa Chin to depart Year Up; and more
- Would you inject your eyeballs for night vision? These guys did
- GeekWire Radio: A parents’ guide to video games for kids and families
- Questions and answers about the Arab peacekeeping force
- Eiffel Tower goes dark in symbolic move for Earth Hour
- Crash victim's father calls for more focus on pilot welfare
- Australia signs up to negotiations on Chinese-led bank
- Islamic fighters led by al-Qaida in Syria seize major city
- 4 killed while trying to recover gasoline after Mexico crash
- Afghan court sentences AP journalist's killer to 20 years
- Delete, erase, shred: enemies of federal record-keepers
- Popular Nevada governor looms over fight for Reid seat
- Kerry orders a review of recordkeeping at State Department
- GOP-guided budget sets up battles between Congress and Obama
- After a few stumbles, GOP lawmakers regain footing on budget
- US rescues Saudi airmen from water south of Yemen
- Gowdy: Clinton wiped email server clean, deleted all emails
- Arizona man finds gun inside used golf bag
- Mystery of California hilltop piano solved
- Oregon's pink chicken mystery solved; owner explains
- Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but what to do?
- Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie
- Authorities: Woman posed as lawyer for decade, named partner
- Veteran's prosthetic eye stolen from his car in New York