Richard Sherman is holding students accountable, so much so that he's giving them his cellphone number.
West Seattle's transportation issues are mostly likely going to get much worse, before getting better. And they will likely spread to other neighborhoods.
To mark her first year on the job, Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O'Toole sent out a progress report, of sorts, to her department, touting a reduction in crime and outlining challenges her officers face.
MyNorthwest1 person dead; 4 injured after partial collapse of Big Four Ice Caves
Officials say one person is dead and four people are injured after the partial collapse of the Big Four Ice Caves east of Granite Falls.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioGirl Scout CEO defends decision to crowdfund after refusing donation
The decision to return a $100,000 donation has paid off for the Girl Scouts of Western Washington, but some, like Dori Monson, remain skeptical.
Ron & Don Show, KIRO RadioRussell Wilson: God told me not to have sex with Ciara
Russell Wilson was in Ciara's dressing room, gazing at the singer as she stood in front of a mirror, when God spoke to him.
David Boze Show, AM 770 KTTHTim Eyman turns in signatures for most 'destructive initiative yet'
Critics say Tim Eyman's latest campaign could place legislators in a tough position if passed later this year: lower taxes or a change to the constitution.
MyNorthwestNo new information on Bertha, timeline not released when promised
An update on the Seattle tunnel project timeline is late.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: When cheating on taxes becomes a way of life
Tax evasion in Greece is a national sport, says Dave Ross. Today, tax receipts are almost 90 percent less than they would be if everyone actually paid what they owe.
MyNorthwestClassmates help cops track down 13-year-old armed robbery suspect
Despite covering their faces, two teens' chances of getting away with armed robbery were slim after the victims recognized them from school.
MyNorthwestSmoking ban in Seattle parks takes effect with minimal punishment
It's the first day of Seattle's new park smoking ban. Violators won't be fined or cited, however. Instead, they will get an education in what not to do.
KIRO RadioTarget shooting adds to fire fears around Mount Rainier
The tinder-dry conditions around the region have prompted numerous burn bans and some to ask for another seasonal alarm for target shooting.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: Maybe it's time to take your kids out of preschool?
Jason Rantz says if we have a movement to step away from tests and the biggest advantage a kid gets from preschool is better test taking, then there's no real reason for preschool.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioWalking in the woods could really benefit your mental health
While it may seem obvious that a walk in the woods is a good way to rid yourself of daily stresses, scientists are studying whether there's any truth to that.
Associated PressNew Spokane NAACP head looks to future after Dolezal scandal
The new Spokane NAACP president says she wants to focus on repairing the damage from the Rachel Dolezal controversy.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioWere Democrats drunk when they passed state budget?
State Representative Matt Manweller made quite a claim Wednesday morning after Senate Democrats refused to suspend Initiative 1351 during budget negotiations in Olympia.
- Mariners' Robinson Cano says he's been dealing with stomach issue
- Mariners ace Felix Hernandez named All-Star for 6th time
- Notebook: Mariners prepare for three games without Lloyd McClendon
- Pressure on for Mariners' Hisashi Iwakuma as he returns from DL
- Pair of frequent trade partners could help Mariners solve hitting woes
- Lloyd hat trick leads US over Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- Mariners' Nelson Cruz voted starting DH for AL in All-Star Game
- Russell Wilson: God told me not to have sex with Ciara
- Girl Scout CEO defends decision to crowdfund
- Tim Eyman turns in signatures for most 'destructive initiative yet'
- Walking in the woods could really benefit your mental health
- When cheating becomes a way of life
- Take your kids out of preschool
- Dry weather spurs landscaping changes
- Tigers barrage Mariners for 19 hits, win 12-5
- 1 person dead; 4 injured after partial collapse of Big Four Ice Caves
- Man accused of killing woman, son held on $1 million bail
- Possible charges against tractor driver in fatal crash
- Prosecutors wait to charge man blamed for boat collision
- Sheriff: 1 dead, 4 injured in Washington ice cave collapse
- McCoughtry leads Dream over Storm 72-64
Dry weather spurs landscaping changes
The survey analyzed 1,600 homeowners who completed an outdoor project in the past 12 months, or are currently working on one, or are planning a project in the future.
- Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
- Three mistakes first-time homebuyers make
- Change in scenery: New quiz helps to decide if it's time to move
- Windermere economist foresees no housing bubble
- Survey reveals buyers overestimate mortgage requirements
- Report predicts power shift from homeowners to renters
- Breaking even: What it takes to cash-flow a getaway
- Storm brings flash flooding to Las Vegas
- SF sheriff defends prior release of suspect in pier slaying
- Thousands of birds abandon eggs, nests on Florida island
- California right-to-die bill struggling ahead of key vote
- New Orleans: Officer arrested for obstruction of justice
- Spacecraft closing in on Pluto hits speed bump, but recovers
- US scientists: Warm oceans cause concern of coral bleaching
- 2 Americans, 1 Briton gored in 1st Pamplona bull run
- Boycott Israel drive gains strength, raising alarm
- Greek coast guard search for missing migrants after sinking
- Bomb blamed on Boko Haram kills 20 in northern Nigeria
- 200 detonators, explosives stolen from French military site
- Turkish Airlines plane diverted to New Delhi over bomb scare
- Kenya says Islamic extremists kill 14 in Kenya's north
- The Rubio economy: 'The old ways no longer work'
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to visit Obama at White House
- As Republican infighting grows, donors call for calm
- Jindal says Jeb Bush willing to hide GOP principles
- Donald Trump isn't backing away from immigrant comments
- Fiorina and super PAC to report raising almost $5 million
- Clinton says she opposes boycott effort against Israel
- Phoenix firefighters pull man out of chimney
- Large wave washes out Jersey shore town's fireworks display
- Teen spits cherry pit the longest but doesn't win contest
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino
- 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by 4 bra heists
- Pilot saves own bacon, glides pig-shaped balloon after crash
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride