Seattle isn't too receptive to outsiders, but residents of the Emerald City probably won't say that to someone's face.
With a spate of kids getting involved in serious crimes, one might ask: where are all the parents?
SponsoredPrint may not be dead, but e-books and e-reader devices are quickly taking up more space in the content landscape.
Associated PressHundreds protest Olympia police shooting
Hundreds of people gathered Thursday night in Olympia, to protest a police shooting that wounded two stepbrothers suspected of trying to steal beer from a grocery store.
MyNorthwestOlympia chief: Two suspects in officer-involved shooting expected to live
A police officer shot two suspects after they allegedly attempted to steal beer at a grocery store in Olympia.
Associated PressResearcher says drought could get worse in Washington
Drought conditions in Washington are likely to grow worse because of a strengthening El Nino weather pattern.
MyNorthwestShunned gay Boy Scout leader applauds potential policy change
In the wake of an announcement by the leader of the Boy Scouts of America that its ban on gay members is "unsustainable," a banned scout leader welcomes the news.
Associated PressIncreased tension lover wolf issues prompts state to hire conflict specialist
The state has hired a wildlife-conflict specialist to help reduce tensions caused by the state's growing population of wolves.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioCritic defends letter chastising Seattle police for May Day tactics
The Community Police Commission is sticking with its opinion that some of the tactics used by Seattle police during protests go too far.
MyNorthwestFormer Seahawk and family caring for rescued horses
Former Seahawk Joe Tafoya is tackling something other than football players these days. He's now living outside of Redmond, saving at-risk wild horses.
Chokepoints, KIRO RadioTurns out your fellow commuters aren't afraid to bust you
The HOV Hero signs have been sitting on the side of the freeways in Washington for 31 years, but does anyone really call that number?
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Government spent couple's estate in less than 10 seconds
The government spent a couple's estate in less than 10 seconds, which is why KIRO Radio's Dori Monson believes it was a waste.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: How do we stop a generation from killing us on the road?
We have a generation of smartphone addicts. How do we stop them from killing us while driving on the road?
710 ESPN SeattleZduriencik on struggling Mariners: 'They've got to figure it out'
Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik gave his thoughts on the team's 17-21 start. "They should be performing better than what we're doing right now," he said.
MyNorthwestSeattle woman pistol whipped for trying to stop teen fight
A 34-year-old Seattle woman was struck in the face with a gun by a 16-year-old boy as she tried to stop him from shooting another teen.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: Here's a group that wants the Shell oil rig in Seattle
It turns out, not everyone hates the Shell Oil rig. There are folks who like it - the folks who work on it.
MyNorthwestPolice arrest 4 'persons of interest' in Kent baby shooting
Four people who may be connected to the death of a Kent baby have been arrested.
- Connor Halliday's decision to quit football doesn't add up
- Video: 'Entourage' cast on upcoming movie, Russell Wilson's cameo and more
- Tannehill's extension and the Seahawks' negotiations with Wilson
- Why the Mariners traded for Welington Castillo, and why now
- Clayton: Tannehill's deal doesn't affect Seahawks' talks with Wilson
- Audio: 'Brock and Salk' parodies Amazon video with pitch to athletes
- Seahawks' Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Where are all the parents?
- A generation that is addicted to their smartphones
- Here's a group that wants the Shell oil rig in Seattle
- Futile gesture by Seattle couple that left estate to government
- Employee walkouts are spreading like a plague
- Your highway dollars at rest
- New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
- State hires conflict specialist to deal with wolf issues
- Shunned gay Boy Scout leader applauds potential policy change
- After standoff, Seattle police find robbery suspect dead
- Mount Vernon, Wash., fire damages building, restaurant
- Storm packing heavy rain, hail, lightning hits central Wash.
- Fire in Mount Vernon, Wash., building damages 3 businesses
- Wash. search for parole violator turns up stolen police gear
New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
Washington state law limits the use of incentives and inducements to $25 per person per year.
- Builder group lists Top 12 amenities in an average home
- Equity rising but 4 million borrowers still 'underwater'
- Builders add more standard features yet basics vary
- Multiple offers now norm as home shopping hits fever pitch
- Where's the buyer loyalty when open-house agents surface?
- Stressful? Consumers pick root canal over homebuying
- Home offices have become a much 'safer harbor'
- Oil shouldn't spoil vacations for California beach tourists
- Finding California oil spill's cause could take months
- Transgender California inmate left in limbo on surgery
- Hundreds protest Wash. police wounding of 2 unarmed suspects
- PHOTO ESSAY: Arizona site holds 'bones' of 4,000 planes
- Results due for investigation of deadly California bus crash
- Drought-ridden California faces decision on new water cuts
- This Seattle angel investor just declared that he’ll only back startups with at least one female founder
- Amazon now delivers food from local stores in under one hour as Prime Now expands
- OrderAhead ignores state Attorney General’s inquiry into restaurant’s allegations of online hijacking
- Ignition raises $200 million venture fund in pursuit of top enterprise software startups
- Comcast to offer residential high-speed fiber Internet in Washington this summer
- Bill Nye’s solar-powered satellite launch a success
- An eye for fashion: Here’s the winner from the Seattle Angel Conference
- Q&A on origins of Rohingya conflict and why it persists
- ECB tells governments: Don't wait to fix Europe's economy
- Turkey: businessmen, police detained in new raids
- Ireland votes on legalizing gay marriage; Church is opposed
- IS forces capture, kill dozens in Syria's Palmyra
- South Sudan alleges Khartoum role in new rebel offensive
- Japan's first lady visits controversial shrine to war dead
- Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks for nonprofits
- Obama's Senate allies hope to endorse his trade bill Friday
- Benghazi emails show Clinton's correspondence with adviser
- Sen. Cantwell turns Senate divisions on trade to advantage
- Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks for nonprofits
- Senate expected to act on NSA collection of phone records
- Obama to address anti-Semitism at Jewish congregation
- Image of Asia: A tight hold on her new baby
- Man in scuba gear gets warning after causing restaurant stir
- Man evades police, then caught while returning for lost hat
- Ohio man finds canister containing 21-year-old message
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony rapper helps driver in diabetic shock
- BASE jumper dies after setting parachute on fire for stunt
- Police seek man who swiped nearly $3K bottle of cognac