It's not just the media and protesters who may be falsely portraying what happened when two step-brothers were shot in Olympia.
A handful of workers stuffed small packets of fireworks explosives into what look like racks of toilet paper and paper towel rolls, preparing for the first Mariners fireworks show of the season.
In Edmonds, there was work afoot to try and create new codes that would limit how residents handled trees on their properties.
MyNorthwestGov. Inslee: Lawmakers made no 'significant progress' toward state budget
Lawmakers essentially wasted the first special legislative session and are still divided over a state operating budget, according to Governor Jay Inslee.
MyNorthwestLake Tapps man pleads guilty to making child pornography
He changed his name. He changed states. But he didn't stop making child pornography.
The Michael Medved Show, AM 770 KTTHMedved: 'San Andreas' breaks away from low expectations
Michael Medved reviews "San Andreas," the disaster film about major earthquakes hitting California.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Smoking isn't the most offensive smell at a park, it's the restroom
The dilemma of banning smoking in parks is that although Seattle is anti-smoking, it is also very anti-discrimination.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioFlight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement visits with Tom Tangney
Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords fame discusses his films and how he resembles Tom Tangney...and Stephen King.
MyNorthwestDeputy shoots teen in the head after Seatac stolen car chase
A suspected teen car thief was shot after he allegedly tried to ram officers with a stolen car.
Associated PressAnimal carcass spill creates I-5 traffic backup
The Washington State Patrol says a truck carrying animal carcasses spilled its load, on southbound Interstate 5 in south Seattle.
KIRO RadioFather of Cafe Racer shooter reflects on the tragedy three years later
A man killed five people in 2012 before taking his own life at Seattle's Café Racer.
MyNorthwestA place to peep becomes a place to sleep
What used to be a place for a peep show will become a place to rest your head.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: What's so special about a second special session?
Washington's Legislature is going into another special session. Dave Ross talks with Jason Mercier from the Washington Policy Center about which taxes are likely to pass.
MyNorthwestChief defends editorial about police assaults, shootings
Bremerton Police Chief Steve Strachan discusses his recent column about police-related shootings, titled "You don't get to assault police officers" on Seattle's Morning News.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioSeattle still feeling the effects of Sonics 'hostage situation'
Tom Tangney is reopening old wounds after watching the NFL playoffs. He and Danny O'Neil bake up a few blame pies for those responsible for losing the Sonics.
- Mariners' James Paxton to DL, Joe Beimel to restricted list
- Agent: No imminent deadlines in Russell Wilson's contract negotiation
- Kam Chancellor's half brother getting shot with Seahawks
- Lineups: Mariners vs. Indians, Game 2
- Kluber strikes out 13 in Indians' 5-3 win over Mariners
- Still hard to believe in Mariners despite their recent hot stretch
- Seahawks' Christine Michael has prime opportunity to finally emerge
- 'San Andreas' breaks away from low expectations
- Graduates, you are not the future; Your parents are your future
- Why not put Costco in charge of TSA security?
- The outdoor smoking dilemma
- Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement visits with Tom
- It's almost harbor seal season, and you can help keep them safe
- 'Five Critical Questions for Any Contractor' - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Gov. Inslee: Lawmakers made no 'significant progress' toward state budget
- Mariners bringing a little boom back to Safeco after explosive road trip
- Investigators: Whatcom County inmate kills self with razor
- Seattle LHP Paxton placed on DL with strained finger
- Sheriff: Deputy's car was rammed when partner shot teen
- Test of expensive Snohomish dispatch system fails -- again
- Senate approves drought relief money, awaits House action
'Five Critical Questions for Any Contractor' - 9 a.m. Sunday
Time and materials? Think again.
- Tapping an IRA to buy; clarifying home-sale loss
- Single-person households surpass married with kids
- New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
- Builder group lists Top 12 amenities in an average home
- Equity rising but 4 million borrowers still 'underwater'
- Builders add more standard features yet basics vary
- Multiple offers now norm as home shopping hits fever pitch
- California beaches reopen after goo cleanup
- Officials say those Boston snow piles are even more vile
- Holmes: Mind 'was kind of falling apart' before shooting
- 4 more bodies found after Texas flooding
- House records show Schock reimbursed US $122,590
- Prosecutor: Judge makes errors in acquitting Ohio officer
- Officials: Hawaii man impaled, killed by fish's bill
- Amazon launches free same-day delivery for Prime members in 500 U.S. cities, including Seattle
- Bill Gates’ greatest fear for humanity is absolutely terrifying — and likely to happen
- Let’s talk about sex, baby: This sex history calculator will give you the lowdown on your number
- Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs: Steve Wozniak talks about Nat Geo’s new show ‘American Genius’
- Renowned inventor Dean Kamen: Innovation is about finding the right problem
- Amazon bringing 1,000 jobs to central Ohio with $1.1 billion data center investment
- Amazon Prime’s musical commercial racks up over 3M YouTube views in a month
- No 'miracle' solution at Asian migrant crisis meeting
- Pentagon chief criticizes Beijing's South China Sea moves
- Nigeria's new president pledges fight against Boko Haram
- Puerto Rico governor signs law raising sales tax to 11.5 pct
- THE LATEST: Police raid businesses named in FIFA indictment
- Interpol: Islamic State group gains support in Africa, Asia
- Mexico: Shootout in Baja California Sur kills 2 suspects
- Man on MTV's 'Catfish' indicted in fake threats in DC
- Obama signs trafficking bill that held up Lynch confirmation
- Obama: 'Handful of senators' standing in way of Patriot Act
- House committee chairman subpoenas IRS official for hearing
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- US nears deal on extending ex-Gitmo inmates' travel ban
- Fuel and potential fires for the US economy ahead
- Firefighters too big, but girl just right to rescue kitten
- Ducklings waddle their way inside Alaska hardware store
- Animal control mistakes life-sized toy for tiger
- Teen charged with taking $25K, giving classmates $100 bills
- 20-year-old Wisconsin cheddar makes debut at $209 a pound
- Man with 1st name 'God' settles with credit rating agency
- 8-foot-tall typewriter coming to Boston