Washington's Legislature is going into another special session. Dave Ross talks with Jason Mercier from the Washington Policy Center about which taxes are likely to pass.
Parents and the principal of Seattle's Sand Point Elementary School are outraged by the city's decision to cut promised funding because the principal is departing after the school year.
The Mariners went 6-3 on their last homestand then 6-3 on their last road trip to make it back to .500. So why is it still hard to buy into them as contenders? They have too many holes in their lineup, writes Jim Moore.
MyNorthwestA place to peep becomes a place to sleep
What used to be a place for a peep show will become a place to rest your head.
MyNorthwestChief defends editorial about police assaults, shootings
Bremerton Police Chief Steve Strachan discusses his recent column about police-related shootings, titled "You don't get to assault police officers" on Seattle's Morning News.
MyNorthwestAll lanes of I-5 reopened after felony collision near Boeing Access Rd.
A crash has stalled traffic on southbound I-5 near Boeing Access Road and will be investigated as a felony collision, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioSeattle still feeling the effects of Sonics 'hostage situation'
Tom Tangney is reopening old wounds after watching the NFL playoffs. He and Danny O'Neil bake up a few blame pies for those responsible for losing the Sonics.
MyNorthwestSeattle street closed after reports of family hit by car
An out-of-control car reportedly hit a family in downtown Seattle Thursday afternoon.
Brock and Salk, 710 ESPN SeattleAgent: No imminent deadlines in Russell Wilson's contract negotiation
Mark Rodgers, the agent who represents Russell Wilson, made the first public comments about the quarterback's contract negotiations with the Seahawks.
MyNorthwestHow Seattle City Council could change in just one day
The 2015 election guarantees three new Seattle council members, while testing if the city's new electoral system is still influenced by money and incumbent status.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: Is displacing mobile home owners immoral? Maybe not
This isn't an easy conversation, but change isn't easy and you have no right to land you don't own.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioAsk: Tom would travel to the past in a time machine
On this episode of Ask Tom & Curley Anything, Tom explains why he'd travel to the past in a time machine.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: How your commute is adding to your stress and burnout
Dave Ross says maybe it's not your job that's burning you out, maybe it's getting to your job that's burning you out.
Chokepoints, KIRO RadioWSDOT has plans to fix I-5 traffic through rapidly growing city
If you've driven I-5 lately between Marysville and Everett, you know the infrastructure has not kept pace with the growth.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioSeattle gets its first certified coffee sommelier, and he likes Starbucks
Seattle is known for coffee, but until now it didn't have it's very own certified coffee sommelier. Erik Liedholm has changed all that.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioAvoiding the boondoggle of Seattle traffic takes years of foresight
It takes a lot of foresight to avoid Seattle construction projects that could have a huge impact on day-to-day life.
MyNorthwestSite demolition underway for former Eastlake Azteca
The ground is torn up in preparation for the four-story buildings that will be located at 1823 Eastlake Ave. East and 1903 Yale Place East.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioTim Eyman develops dinosaur skin to handle the snake pit of politics
A man who went so far as to take a second mortgage out on his home to kick start efforts to get an initiative on the ballot, says he has heard it all from Washington voters.
- Mariners notebook: Hisashi Iwakuma resumes throwing
- Still hard to believe in Mariners despite their recent hot stretch
- Seahawks' Christine Michael has prime opportunity to finally emerge
- K.J. Wright on Seahawks' new assistants, start of OTAs and more
- Sounders take over top spot in West by beating Colorado 1-0
- Carroll: Contract talks haven't impacted Wilson's preparation
- Mariners notebook: McClendon still has plenty of confidence in Rodney
- Former Seattle strip club will reopen as hotel
- What's so special about a second special session?
- How your commute is adding to your stress and burnout
- Is displacing mobile home owners immoral? Maybe not
- How do you know if you're in a good neighborhood? Boze flushes out the answer
- Is your job at stake?
- Nominate a kid for the Great Bike Giveaway
- King County sheriff's spokesman: Deputy shoots, wounds teen
- Gov. Inslee orders state budget negotiations in his office
- Sheriff: Suspected human remains found near Kent, Wash.
- Cano misses 1st game of season for Seattle with flu
- Cleveland places Atchison on DL, Santana on paternity list
- Suspects named in Mason County death
- School testing bill appears to be dead in the Senate
Tapping an IRA to buy; clarifying home-sale loss
Can you withdraw from your Individual Retirement Account for a down payment on a home and not face a premature-withdrawal penalty?
- Single-person households surpass married with kids
- New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
- Builder group lists Top 12 amenities in an average home
- Equity rising but 4 million borrowers still 'underwater'
- Builders add more standard features yet basics vary
- Multiple offers now norm as home shopping hits fever pitch
- Where's the buyer loyalty when open-house agents surface?
- Suge Knight returns to court to try to dismiss murder case
- Latest on flooding: Body pulled from Houston Ship Channel
- At least 20 years in prison awaits Silk Road founder
- Washington farmers are dumping unprofitable apples
- Protesters occupying church for 11 years pray for reprieve
- Manhunt underway in Kansas after officer shot in head
- USS Arizona Memorial dock repairs expected to take a week
- Amazon launches free same-day delivery for Prime members in 500 U.S. cities, including Seattle
- Bill Gates’ greatest fear for humanity is absolutely terrifying — and likely to happen
- Uber for bodyguards: Bannerman offers on-demand bouncers, launches in Seattle
- Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs: Steve Wozniak talks about Nat Geo’s new show ‘American Genius’
- The highest-rated show on Netflix isn’t ‘House of Cards’ anymore
- Q&A: Amazon Prime boss Greg Greeley says skip the trip to the store, use same-day delivery instead
- Sound Transit’s train on track, U-District one step closer to being ideal tech hub
- Heat wave across India drives death toll to more than 1,800
- FIFA President Blatter asks to be re-elected despite crisis
- Myanmar warns against 'finger pointing' at migrant meeting
- AP Exclusive: UN rights staff fear for jobs amid abuse case
- Biblical soap opera enjoying ungodly success in Brazil
- Alleged Nazi war criminal wanted by Russia dies in Quebec
- Thai official warns of 'alarming level' of boat people
- 2016 hopefuls Christie, Cruz court Jewish donors in New York
- Rubio returns to childhood home: Las Vegas, not Miami
- Marco Rubio grabs some Vegas pizazz for campaign
- Prosecutors: ex-Va. first lady's conviction should be upheld
- CDC investigating error that caused live anthrax shipments
- Wisconsin governor: Obama power plant rule 'unworkable'
- CDC investigating error that caused live anthrax shipments from Utah weapons testing site
- Ducklings waddle their way inside Alaska hardware store
- 8-foot-tall typewriter coming to Boston
- Bear scurries around Wyoming city, falls asleep, gets caught
- Boston still has snow piles _ and they're filled with trash
- Judge dismisses case from Ohio pair trying to keep pet bear
- Village cites resident for having beehives without a permit
- Students may have to re-test after hundreds of SATs get lost