"We put our heart and soul in it; it didn't work," Jack Zduriencik told a small group of reporters -- including 710Sports.com's Shannon Drayer -- shortly after the Mariners fired him as their general manager Friday.
Seattle is cracking down on drivers who are in downtown bus lanes. John Curley has a few tips based on how he cheats the system in bus and HOV lanes.
There was a gaping loophole that allowed gunman Vester Flanagan to gain employment without anyone becoming aware of his temper.
MyNorthwestSeattle police arrest suspect in downtown tourist attack
Seattle police have arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection with a robbery outside the downtown bus tunnel on Monday. The robbery escalated and three tourists were attacked.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioSeattle Mayor's office has incredibly high turnover rate
Not since the Paul Schell administration has the Seattle Mayor's office had such a high turnover rate.
MyNorthwestSinkholes close famous Tacoma stadium
Tacoma's Stadium Bowl has been shut down due to a series of sinkholes marring the football field.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Can't fault Everett firefighters for trying to shut homeless man up
A homeless man who has caused the Everett Fire Department a headache was taken out to a more remote location in hopes it would quiet him.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioDeveloper threatens Seattle's classic 13 Coins restaurant
The latest project slated for South Lake Union will add hundreds of more apartments in two large towers. But the real story isn't what is being built, it's what is being demolished.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioSupreme court: Officials' personal texts are public record
While the Washington Supreme Court ruled that public officials' personal text messages are public records. But it still might not be so simple.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Tourist getting stabbed, robbed while Seattle Mayor enjoys security
Dori Monson says Seattle Mayor Ed Murray can feel safe wherever he goes, while Seattle residents and tourists are harassed and assaulted.
MyNorthwestMarshawn Lynch opens up (sort of) for Danny O'Neil
Danny O'Neil explains you just need to know how to talk to Marshawn Lynch, who recently settled on a fine.
KIRO RadioWill Seattle teachers strike?
The big question now is: are Seattle teachers going to strike? Some say they'll do whatever they can to get what they need.
MyNorthwestRob McKenna: Progress in gun rights debate stifled by politics
Despite such passion over the issue of gun control and rights, former state Attorney General Rob McKenna says it's unfortunate how politics often slow any progress.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioMovie Review: Endearing struggles in 'Mistress America' leaves you laughing
For the second time this year, writer/director Noah Baumbach finds great humor, even farce, while taking a close look at generational divides.
- Mariners president Kevin Mather on the decision to fire Zduriencik, what's next
- Ricardo Lockette credits Russell Wilson for Seahawks overcoming Super Bowl
- Jack Zduriencik reflects on tenure with Mariners, wishes club well after his firing
- Tickets still available for John Clayton's Fantasy Camp
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett fined for hit on Chiefs' Alex Smith
- Warren Moon: Injuries will happen even if NFL preseason is shortened
- Michael Medved reviews 'No Escape' starring Owen Wilson
- Can't fault Everett firefighters for trying to shut homeless man up
- Putting gun deaths in context
- The ugly truth about homeless vets
- Supreme court: Officials' personal texts are public record
- When you can't control guns, control the people who use them
- 'Buy that mountain rental with an IRA' - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Mariners' Walker leaves start in 7th with injury
- Seattle police arrest suspect in downtown tourist attack
- Langhorne leads Seattle Storm past San Antonio Stars, 83-69
- Arrest made in downtown Seattle tourist attack
- Chemical fire in WWU chemistry building caused by spill
- Fire threatened IDEA distribution center in Pierce County
- Freight trains collide in Tacoma, causing fuel leak
'Buy that mountain rental with an IRA' - 9 a.m. Sunday
How much do real estate IRAs cost to establish? Are there loopholes for personal use?
- Poor credit brings higher insurance rates, study reveals
- Owners who lost homes set for strong return
- Buy a vacation rental with a self-directed IRA
- No personal use: Investor eyes high-end vacation rental
- 'Prices rising just too fast' - Realtor economist
- Big on buying: Millennials shake 'just renting' perception
- Seattle rents on the rise, rank 8th in nation
- Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume wars early
- Sheriff's deputy fatally shot in Houston while pumping gas
- Police: Construction crooner found dead in apparent suicide
- Hawaii awaits hurricane while still recovering from rain
- Legionnaires' kills 2 Illinois veterans' home residents
- Planned Parenthood sues Alabama over end to Medicaid funds
- Former student at elite prep school convicted of sex charges
- Tropical storm weakens, but leaves 20 dead in Caribbean
- Dominica prime minister says Erika leaves 20 dead
- Venezuela extends border closure despite Colombia's protests
- Money laundering probe in case of Argentine prosecutor
- 7 killed, 2 injured in poison exposure at China paper mill
- Barge tips, vehicles fall into Victoria harbor
- Parliament group regrets Russian speaker's no show
- GOP's tough talk doesn't square with US-China relationship
- Before nation's top Democrats, Clinton sends Biden a message
- Secretary of state charged with theft, money laundering
- Donald Trump speaks at $100-per-person event near Boston
- Obama expects better US-Israel ties after Iran deal in place
- Appeals court reverses ruling that found NSA program illegal
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary
- Teacher who was late 111 times says he was eating breakfast
- Benedictine monk relaxing atop wind turbine spotted by drone
- New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 times keeps job
- Police confront North Dakota students armed with telescope
- List limits booze sales for Illinois city's habitual drunks
- Man arrested after firing fake gun outside Tombstone saloon