Thanksgiving falls in the middle of a work week for the Seahawks, but the team is carving out a little time for the holiday.
Here is how a class of kindergartners thinks turkeys are prepared for Thanksgiving.
NEW Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: The importance of being grateful; it's good for your health
Being grateful isn't just good on Thanksgiving. Studies show that gratitude actually improves physical health.
MyNorthwestPolice ask Washingtonians not to call 911 for turkey cooking tips
Don't call 9-1-1 for turkey cooking tips like these Puget Sound residents have done. Area law enforcement agencies are reminding folks that 911 is for emergencies.
Associated PressStudent leader: Washington college unsafe for women of color
The student body president of Western Washington University said Wednesday she has received death threats involving her race and no longer feels safe on the Bellingham campus.
MyNorthwestSeismologists watching Glacier Peak after four earthquakes
Four earthquakes - including magnitudes 3.1 and 3.5 - struck Wednesday afternoon near Glacier Peak within an hour of each other.
Ron and Don, KIRO RadioThanksgiving etiquette: Who takes home the turkey?
Don asks: Who gets the leftover turkey? The guests? The person who cooked it?
KIRO RadioFamily fooled by 60-year-old recipe for green bean casserole
Sixty years after its creation in the Campbell's test kitchen, the green bean casserole has somehow become a staple on so many Thanksgiving dinner tables.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioSheriff Urquhart: No reason to have shot, even once, in Chicago
King County Sheriff John Urquhart said he doesn't see any reason to have fired during the shooting of Chicago's Laquan McDonald, but he is sympathetic to the officers.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioTom Tangney: You can't use NERF during Thanksgiving football
Do you intercept your 8-year-old cousin's pass? Some major smack-talk between two backyard family gatherings.
710 ESPN SeattleSeahawks expect Marshawn Lynch to return before season's end
The Seahawks expect running back Marshawn Lynch to return from abdominal surgery before the end of the regular season, perhaps even earlier than some initial projections.
KIRO RadioBizarre Lake Washington disaster struck 25 years ago
It was 25 years ago that a bizarre disaster struck, sending major portions of the old Lacey V. Murrow floating bridge to the bottom of Lake Washington.
ChokepointsToll tips for traveling on Thanksgiving
We may have the day off on Thanksgiving, but we don't have a day off from paying tolls on roads and bridges.
MyNorthwestStudents speak out against 'malicious comments' made at WWU
The Western Washington University Police Department is being called out for not doing enough in the wake of threats made to minority students.
MyNorthwestCity of Seattle, yacht club compromise on bike path
Cyclists are likely to feel the squeeze after a compromise between Seattle and a yacht club over a proposed bike path.
KIRO RadioSea-Tac Airport says stepped up security won't snarl holiday travel
Sea-Tac Airport has increased security along with the rest of the nation's airports and train stations in the wake of the Paris terrorist attacks.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioIt's no 'Inside Out,' but 'The Good Dinosaur' is charming
"The Good Dinosaur" has enough to tug at your emotions like any kid-dog combo does in real life.
- O'Neil's Week-12 NFL picks: How the Seahawks can win twice
- Hawk Talk highlights: Cary Williams' struggles, future with Seahawks
- Mariners' Danny Hultzen clears waivers, assigned to Triple-A
- Marlins OF Marcell Ozuna on Mariners' radar
- Arizona Cardinals sign former Seahawks nose tackle Red Bryant
- M's podcast: Iannetta signing, catching up with Randy Johnson and more
- Washington's Chris Petersen signs 2-year contract extension
- Debunking the 'Seattle Freeze'
- Sheriff Urquhart: No reason to have shot, even once, in Chicago
- 11 kindergartners explain how to cook a turkey
- It's no 'Inside Out,' but 'The Good Dinosaur' is charming
- The secret to exterminating ISIS revealed
- Why Dori Monson will not go to downtown Seattle
- What should the Western Washington mascot be?
- How the Seahawks are spending Thanksgiving
- 5 workers fired after mill strike could get jobs back
- Washington highway tolls go up and down over holiday
- Seattle beats Great Falls 58-48
- AP-BKC FINAL: SEAT 58 GRTF 48,CORRECTION
- AP-BKC HALF: GRTF 29 SEAT 27
- Vancouver killing: Body found in coin shop; no arrests made
What's in a name? Homes on female streets worth more
Realtor.com evaluated property values of listings on its website and found that there are more properties on male streets than female-named streets.
- Home improvement funds for borrowers who are 'maxed out'
- When did you buy? Check the down years for equity
- More than one-third of home deals miss closing date
- Pets becoming deal-breakers for more renters
- Crowdfunding a growing source for commercial real estate
- Study reveals buying more affordable in Seattle than renting
- Not all markets are red hot: 4 reasons listings sit
- Thanksgiving parade features balloons, bands, heavy security
- Utah man passes airport security with stolen boarding pass
- Feds plan new guidelines on toxic algae in lakes, rivers
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving
- Brothers survive 2 avalanches while skiing in Colorado
- Attorney: Alabama inmate seeking freedom from death row dies
- Wealthy and homeless set to break bread at Manhattan church
- The Latest: Turkey: Dialogue with Russia should stay open
- The Latest: Belgium says likely Paris fugitive gets help
- Former Iranian president will run in February election
- 2 Turkish journalists jailed over Syria smuggling reports
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico
- 3 Palestinians die in clashes; Israel toughens fence
- Cameron: UK must attack IS in Syria to deny group safe haven
- Trump called out for appearing to mock disability
- Obama struggles with stance on the death penalty
- Obama makes holiday appeal for acceptance of Syrian refugees
- In 2016 campaign, both parties want reform in justice system
- Bill Clinton back on fundraising trail for wife's campaign
- Study: Skin care drug prices up 401 percent since 2009
- Obama admin says states lack authority to block refugees
- Winds and high tides damage Alaska beach art installation
- 4 people meet for first time after 2 pairs of kidney swaps
- Oldest known seabird is back at Midway Atoll near Hawaii
- Police: Man finds skull in front yard of California home
- Georgia sheriff revels in 'politically incorrect' sign
- Woman fined $1,000 for trashing worker's office with glitter
- Woman sought for series of California wedding thefts