Insurance companies are aware of a simple fact around the Fourth of July, some homes are just going to burn.
Let the experts handle your fireworks entertainment this July 4. Here's a list of public fireworks shows from the Washington State Patrol.
This week in photos from around the world.
NEW Associated Press2 collisions near Tumwater leave 1 person dead, several others injured
A two-car crash on Interstate 5 left one person dead near Tumwater and then several others were injured in a second crash near the first site.
Associated PressFirefighters battle brush fires in Auburn, Whidbey Island
Firefighters battled at least eight small brush fires on Whidbey Island along State Route 525 on Friday afternoon. Fires were also a problem for drivers in the Auburn area.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioWere Democrats drunk when they passed state budget?
State Representative Matt Manweller made quite a claim Wednesday morning after Senate Democrats refused to suspend Initiative 1351 during budget negotiations in Olympia.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: Rick Perry may be most brutally candid Republican candidate
In the contest to see which Republican candidate can be the most brutally candid, Dave Ross thinks we have a winner.
KIRO RadioWho cleans up your peanut shell mess after a Mariners game?
Imagine having to clean up after a frat party, with everything from empty beer bottles to half-eaten food and other garbage all over. Do that for 81 home games at Safeco Field.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioDon O'Neill: Chesney concert-goers incite more violence than Metallica fans
Don O'Neill has seen more violence at a Kenny Chesney concert than a Metallica show. A vendor at CenturyLink Field was shocked at the alcohol consumption.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioJason Rantz: This is how you help solve homelessness across the region
Jason Rantz doesn't like the idea of putting homeless encampments in neighborhoods around Seattle. Here, he lays out his own plan for ending homelessness.
MyNorthwestMcKenna: Life in prison might be best option for Seattle cop killer
Rob McKenna explains why some lawyers prefer life in prison sentences over the death penalty, and why that might be part of considerations for the Christopher Monfort case.
KIRO RadioQuiz: Do you know what you're doing out in the sun?
Follow along as KIRO Radio's Dave Ross and Colleen O'Brien take the summer myths quiz and prove they're native Washingtonians.
Associated PressMan found fatally shot in Central District neighborhood
Seattle police say a man in his 30s has been found fatally shot in the Central District neighborhood. The man was found lying on the ground early Thursday evening, dead from multiple gunshot wounds.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioCity of Seattle drops 'bombshell' on unsuspecting businesses
Some businesses are feeling blindsided by the announcement of three new homeless camps in Seattle.
MyNorthwestSalmonella outbreak reported after people cuddle, kiss chickens
Chickens have caused a Salmonella outbreak across multiple U.S. states, including Washington, leading the CDC to recommend not cuddling with your chickens.
Shannon Drayer, 710 ESPN SeattleIs Willie Bloomquist's career with the Seattle Mariners over?
While there is a possibility Willie Bloomquist could clear waivers and accept an assignment to the minors, it looks like he is no longer a Mariner.
- Video: Russell Wilson addresses contract on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Tyrone Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
- Video: Logan Morrison rips cover off the ball in Mariners loss to A's
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman is No. 11 on NFL's 'Top 100' list
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller to continue to get bulk of starts at shortstop
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin shows another side with Confederate flag commentary
- Video: Mariners' Robinson Cano homers during four-hit day
- Were Democrats drunk when they passed state budget?
- Don O'Neill: Kenny Chesney concert-goers incite more violence than Metallica fans
- This is how you help solve homelessness
- Rick Perry may be most brutally candid Republican candidate
- City drops 'bombshell' on unsuspecting businesses
- Insurance: Are you covered on vacation? - 9 a.m. Sunday
- You absolutely must watch this video before you use fireworks
- Manhunt under way in apple orchard in Central Washington
- Firefighters battle blazes across Washington state
- A year of Washington legal marijuana sales yields $70M in taxes
- After year of Washington legal pot sales, taxes top $70M
- Man shoots his girlfriend while preparing to clean gun
- Private timber companies close access to lands
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0
Insurance: Are you covered on vacation? - 9 a.m. Sunday
Does it make a difference if visitors are paying renters rather than a family member or friend?
- Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
- Three mistakes first-time homebuyers make
- Change in scenery: New quiz helps to decide if it's time to move
- Windermere economist foresees no housing bubble
- Survey reveals buyers overestimate mortgage requirements
- Report predicts power shift from homeowners to renters
- Breaking even: What it takes to cash-flow a getaway
- Slain woman's parents focused on healing, not 'sanctuary'
- 'Candy Bomber' drops sweets from Utah's air for July 4
- Union denounces release of officer names in police shootings
- Walker says open records restrictions will be dropped
- Teen spits cherry pit the longest but doesn't win contest
- A year on, children caught on border struggle to stay, adapt
- Immigrant children given adult dose of hepatitis A vaccine
- Draft accords of sanctions relief at Iran nuke talks in hand
- A family divided: Emotions run high ahead of Greek vote
- Alternative for Germany party replaces euroskeptic leader
- IS video shows troops' deaths in Syria archaeological site
- McCain: US must reassess Afghanistan troop withdrawal
- Tunisia imposes state of emergency after deadly beach attack
- Bombings kill 19 people in and around Baghdad
- Race to replace ex-Rep. Schock a classic GOP primary contest
- Government faces burden in proving airlines worked together
- Clinton: Hopeful US can reach 'verifiable deal' with Iran
- A look at the race to replace ex-Illinois Congressman Schock
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with the Romneys
- Clinton says she takes a 'backseat to no one' among liberals
- Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trump's 'idiocy'
- Teen spits cherry pit the longest but doesn't win contest
- 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by 4 bra heists
- Pilot saves own bacon, glides pig-shaped balloon after crash
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
- Man charged with robbing same New Jersey bank 5 years later
- 2 share pageant title after miscount, but one is upset