A pilot program to keep people's butts off the streets of downtown Seattle is underway.
A Lake Stevens couple says their lives have been a living hell the past few years, and everyone from police to mental health providers have failed to provide the support they need to deal with their disturbed son.
On a quiet Sunday morning 15 years ago, a hallowed place of local history was reduced to rubble in seconds. Tens of thousands of people gathered to watch on March 26, 2000 as the Kingdome was imploded to make way for CenturyLink Field.
Associated PressPolice search for person of interest in SeaTac homicide
A King County sheriff's spokesman says a 42-year-old man was fatally shot in the face Thursday evening in the Seattle suburb of SeaTac.
KIRO RadioWashington senator calls on auditor Troy Kelley to testify about federal probe
The chairman of the Senate Accountability and Reform Committee is calling on state Auditor Troy Kelley to testify about a federal criminal investigation into his business dealings.
Associated PressBrother and sister plead not guilty in Lakewood shooting
A brother and sister pleaded not guilty to assault charges that resulted from a Lakewood shooting.
MyNorthwestSPD takes a lesson in herding after brief goat chase
Ten goats chased a group of children in the 5000 block of South Wallace Street on Thursday.
Associated Press7 men arrested in prostitution sting operation in Kitsap
The Kitsap County Sheriff's office says seven men were arrested on charges of soliciting prostitution during a sting operation.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioSeattle transportation director says SR 99 crash was handled well
"I think in any event there is always room for improvement."
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioCurley: Always being awe-struck defeats the purpose
People who feel the "awe" emotion may be much healthier than those who don't, according to a new study. But John Curley said it's ridiculous to feel awe on a regular basis.
Associated PressAlone at controls, co-pilot 'intentionally' destroyed plane
The co-pilot of the Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and intentionally rammed the plane full speed into the French Alps, according to a prosecutor.
MyNorthwestTacoma police dog dies after eating meth
Barney, a Tacoma police dog, has died after ingesting methamphetamine during a narcotics investigation.
David Boze Show, AM 770 KTTHBoze: Where is state auditor Troy Kelley?
While a calendar doesn't tell the whole story, the unaccounted for whereabouts of the state auditor is raising eyebrows.
MyNorthwestRussell Wilson in new Entourage trailer
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is now a Hollywood cameo actor highlighted in the new Entourage movie trailer.
MyNorthwestSolo seeing therapist for 'pain and anger'
U.S. soccer star Hope Solo says she's seeing a therapist for "all the pain and anger that was inside" of her.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Fear the middle class will get resourceful?
The city of Hartford intends to evict a family of 11 because the law says the occupants of a single-family home must be related by blood or marriage.
MyNorthwestUW cherry blossoms star in Seattle's first week of spring
Every year, hundreds of people flock to "The Quad" at the University of Washington to witness the first signs of spring.
Associated Press3 charged in one of Pierce County's biggest ever meth busts
Pierce County's prosecutor says three men have been charged after a police investigation found 44 pounds of methamphetamine.
- Follow NCAA Tournament action here
- Hernandez throws 6 sharp innings in Mariners' loss to Royals
- Mariners allow two grand slams in 15-1 loss to Brewers
- Seahawks 2015 free-agency tracker
- Leftover thoughts on the first two weeks of free agency
- Mariners notebook: All is not settled at the top
- Carroll says Seahawks will re-sign Dobbs, hope to bring back Schilling
- Seattle transportation director says SR 99 crash was handled well
- Where is state auditor Troy Kelley?
- Dori: Why wasn't Seattle DOT prepared for a semi-truck crash?
- Lake Stevens family says system failed them, addicted teen spiraling out of control
- Driver tries to cheat HOV system with Dos Equis spokesman cutout
- Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
- Fear the middle class will get resourceful?
- Hernandez throws 6 sharp innings in Mariners' loss to Royals
- Washington senator calls on auditor Troy Kelley to testify about federal probe
- SPD takes a lesson in herding after brief goat chase
- Wash. nurse suspended after boy, 3, dies in his care
- Charged: Man accused of killing severely autistic teen
- Davis, Jimenez hit grand slams as Brewers beat Mariners 15-1
- Seattle police corral goats running through neighborhood
Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
The church-going crowd also influence the timing of open houses.
- Housing affordability: Detroit, San Francisco at ends of spectrum
- Survey reveals most millennials unaware of closing costs
- Zillow rolls out new search tool targeting agent specialties
- Demand is high, so why are builders so cautious?
- Plan on writing credit bureau to clear up problem
- Seattle rent hikes unsustainable, up 32 percent since 2009
- Appraisers value Seattle homes higher than the owners
- Sea otter rescued in California oil spill dies of shark bite
- Utility: Inspectors found faulty work before NYC blast
- Video shows 'hospitality ambassador' beating homeless man
- Semi plows into unfinished Texas interstate bridge; 1 killed
- Victim's mom to confront man with bodies in yard
- Jury finds ex-San Francisco bank executive guilty of fraud
- San Francisco Chronicle heir, board member Nan McEvoy dies
- Microsoft will require suppliers to give workers 15 days of paid leave
- Is Amazon wielding too much weight in Seattle?
- Sling TV adds A&E, History Channel, Lifetime and more to streaming offering
- Here’s how much Google is paying its new CFO to lure her away from Wall Street
- Mapping Seattle’s incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces
- Watch these ‘Apple’ employees tell everyone to buy Microsoft gear in this awesome prank
- This boom is bigger than the last: Report says Seattle area seeing record number of new residents
- Thai junta leader: I'll fight forced labor in fish industry
- Iraqi Sunni tribe wages costly battle against IS group
- Yemen weighs on Asian shares, data highlights Japan doldrums
- Arabs inch closer to old dream of joint Arab force
- Police say 10 dead in stampede in Bangladesh
- Agency: 4,000 fishermen stranded on some Indonesian islands
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic drilling needed now
- Bergdahl charges stoke fresh criticism of prisoner swap
- AP Exclusive: Special ops troops using flawed intel software
- Watchdog report faults DEA handling of sex party allegations
- House panel asks White House for documents on Bergdahl swap
- Gov. Scott Walker's immigration stance at center of dispute
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Senators vote on amendments, score points
- Loose police horse briefly on patrol in downtown Cleveland
- New Hampshire lawmakers honor students after raptor debacle
- Cops: Man left behind credit card used to jimmy garage door
- Man arrested in courthouse for missing jury duty 11 times
- Privacy and private parts: Nude neighbor exposes law's limit
- Maine police track suspect through social media messages
- Dog gets paw stuck in treadmill in New Jersey