The number of downtown Seattle commuters driving alone to work continues to decrease and public transit use is up, according to a recent study by Commute Seattle. But the study does not reflect overall traffic in the Seattle area.
The Seattle Police Department launched a YouTube channel on Wednesday featuring video captured as part of their new body-camera pilot program, only the images of incidents captured are pretty hard to make out.
SponsoredSPONSORED -- Whether you have a huge investment portfolio or a simple 401(k), what happens in the market matters to you.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori Monson: Traffic study proves Seattle's priorities are misguided
Dori says the city of Seattle has an incentive to make traffic as horrible as possible so they can achieve their social engineering goals.
MyNorthwestVideo released of burglary suspect sneaking into UW sorority
Police have released surveillance video of a man sneaking into a University of Washington sorority house last week.
MyNorthwestWoman knocked out in drive-by egging
A drive-by egging left one woman unconscious outside a Seattle bar early Tuesday.
KIRO RadioReview: Marshawn Lynch's acting debut in new biopic
KIRO Radio film critic Tom Tangney takes a look at Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch in his first foray into film.
KIRO RadioParkland businessman thumbs nose at Pierce County pot shop ban
Although Pierce County has banned legal marijuana retail shops, a local businessman says he plans to open a store this weekend anyway.
MyNorthwestDisabled teen missing since Wednesday
Tony James Lique is 18 years old, but has the mental capacity of an 8 to 10-year-old, according to investigators.
Ron & Don Show, KIRO RadioVideo: Ron & Don Show producer gives firefighter stair climb a try
Producer Patrick took on a firefighter in training in a stair climb Thursday in the back of the KIRO studios.
MyNorthwestBertha completes final approach to pit
Workers will begin building the concrete rings, which will allow the machine to move forward and out of the tunnel, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
710 ESPN SeattleMariners' Felix Hernandez, Taijuan Walker are off and throwing
Mariners ace Felix Hernandez threw his first bullpen session of spring training on Thursday while Taijuan Walker threw to live hitters for the first time.
MyNorthwestToo much to flush: Man fails at dumping heroin down toilet
The amount of heroin a man tried to flush down a gas station toilet in Monroe was just too much to handle Tuesday night.
Ron & Don Show, KIRO RadioHope Solo shouldn't be representing Americans on U.S. Team
Hope Solo is sounding apologetic about some choices she made that left her suspended from the U.S. Soccer team for 30 days. But KIRO Radio's Ron Upshaw is not ready to forgive.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioRasmussen: Sawant, Bertha not to blame for Seattle council exodus
Neither Kshama Sawant nor the Seattle tunnel project has anything to do with why three Seattle City councilmembers are not seeking re-election, according to Tom Rasmussen.
KIRO RadioHostage negotiator describes bringing 'lucrative targets' home
British security firm TerraFirma Risk Management says there's a good chance Phyllis Sortor, abducted in Nigeria, will be returned safely to her family.
MyNorthwestReporter Brandi Kruse says goodbye to KIRO Radio
KIRO Radio Brandi Kruse stepped into the newsroom four years ago eager to make friends and report the news. Her last day was Wednesday.
Ron & Don Show, KIRO RadioHow a printer in a garage might save her one-of-a-kind heart
Kami Sutton made her first trip to Seattle Children's when she was just four hours old. In 1988, they didn't have the technology to detect her severe heart defect in utero.
- Next step toward Seattle basketball, hockey arena unveiled
- Reports: DL Ricky Jean-Francois signs with Washington
- Washington routed by UCLA 88-66
- Washington State holds off USC 70-66
- Seahawks' pre-draft positions of need: Linebacker
- Mariners notebook: Full squad in Peoria and ready for work
- Report: Seahawks' Earl Thomas undergoing surgery Tuesday
- Traffic study proves Seattle's priorities are misguided
- Watch: Producer Patrick does his best firefighter stair climb
- Trailer review: Marshawn Lynch stars in 'Family First'
- Rasmussen: Sawant, Bertha not reasons for the Seattle council exodus
- Major medical technology coming out of local garage
- Will my Internet get faster?
- Location still No.1: Top reasons people want to move
- Lawyer: Second autopsy shows officers shot man from behind
- Video released of burglary suspect sneaking into UW sorority
- Seattle woman knocked out in drive-by egging
- 2 llamas briefly loose in Washington; little drama
- Official: Remains of 3 recovered from Washington state fire
- Cantwell hails tough rules for Internet providers
- Woman knocked out in Seattle "drive-by egging"
Location still No.1: Top reasons people want to move
More than half - 59 percent - of households don't plan to go too far, with most indicating a move within 30 miles of the current home.
- Seattle area grabs spot on Gen-Xers top 10 list
- Refinancing could help 1 in 3 FHA loans
- Renters to push apartment boom into 2016
- Local or national builder? Follow the cash, commitment
- No tax deduction for paying Mom's mortgage?
- Buyer survey: Couples spend more, seek schools
- Local military families paid for foreclosure errors
- LA teachers, union leaders rally amid stalled talks
- Employer: Man accused in IS group plot was about to quit job
- 2 vandalism suspects rescued after being stranded on cliff
- Netflix's 'House of Cards' returns in full for 3rd season
- Parents of slain journalist James Foley: US should do more
- Police call death of Missouri auditor an 'apparent suicide'
- Black Madam: I've done thousands of buttocks injections
- Cantwell hails tough rules for Internet providers
- Medical pot proposal passes first test in conservative Utah
- FCC allows city-owned Internet providers to expand
- New York Daily News, tabloid NYC paper, may be up for sale
- 5 things to know about 'net neutrality'
- Regulators approve tougher rules for Internet providers
- Vandalism in Arizona shows the Internet's vulnerability
- The big melt: Antarctica's retreating ice may re-shape Earth
- Prince William strikes a friendly contrast to Japan's prince
- Cuban cigar makers anticipate big bucks from US travelers
- Fijians get to design new flag as nation ditches Union Jack
- Syria expels 2 key UN humanitarian staffers
- Hong Kong woman gets 6 years in Indonesian maid abuse case
- Venezuela newspaper that opposed Chavez ends daily edition
- Obama celebrates Black History Month, ahead of Selma visit
- With poll, Obama foundation hints at library's likely site
- House GOP weighs new approach on Homeland Security
- Investigators find 32,000 emails in IRS probe
- Bush: I'm a conservative, with a record of fiscal prudence
- GOP's Jeb Bush working to reassert conservative credentials
- Walker: Protesters prepared him to confront global terrorism
- NYC, Orthodox Jews reach deal on circumcision suction ritual
- 2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near Phoenix
- 2 men accused of parachuting 200 feet from crane get tickets
- Floating strip club's latest trouble: Human waste disposal
- 2 frozen waterfalls form near New York park's ice volcano
- Man accused of flagging down school bus, threatening driver
- Massachusetts man selling, shipping snow from his yard