An active shooter has been reported at North Thurston High School.
Trading up hasn't been the Seahawks' M.O. under general manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll. But with no selections among the first 62 and plenty of draft capital this year, it's not hard to imagine Seattle moving up in the second round.
SponsoredEnthusiastic anglers, take note: British Columbia is a world-class destination for serious sport fishing. Here's why.
MyNorthwestTeacher who tackled shooter: 'No one...can prepare for a situation like this'
Brady Olson, the North Thurston High School teacher who tackled a shooter at his school Monday morning, has released a statement following the incident.
Associated PressRiot, looting prompt state of emergency, curfew in Baltimore
Rioters in Baltimore have torched a pharmacy and set police cars ablaze after thousands mourned a man who died from an injury he suffered in police custody.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioNepal earthquake came during height of Everest climbing season
Noted mountaineer Ed Viesturs talked to Ron and Don about the devastation of the Nepal earthquake and resulting Mt. Everest avalanche for climbers on the mountain.
MyNorthwestMarysville-Pilchuck High School students released early after bomb threat
Students at Marysville Pilchuck High School were released early Monday afternoon after a bomb threat was made against the school, according to police.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioEastside commuters prefer Seattle's urban life
Tom and Curley aren't surprised there are people working on the Eastside who prefer to live in Seattle's vibrant neighborhoods. Curley moved east for his kids' education.
MyNorthwestPrivately-funded arena proposed for Tukwila
Chris Hansen's plans for a Seattle arena may have new competition in Tukwila.
Associated PressLegislature wants more time to answer contempt order
Washington's attorney general says the Legislature needs more time to figure out the state education budget before it can properly reply to the Supreme Court's contempt order.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Political divides are wider now than in the last century
Dave Ross says the only way America survives is for today's young people to rebel against the gridlock of their parents' generation by eloping with their political opposites.
MyNorthwestTwo people injured in street sweeper, semitrailer collision on SR 167
The Washington State Patrol says two people were injured when a street sweeper and semitrailer collided on State Route 167 on Monday morning.
MyNorthwestTribe's request to hunt whales under public scrutiny in Seattle
It's a topic that has drawn criticism since a tribe sought a waiver to the Endangered Species Act more than 10 years ago.
KIRO RadioHelp Wanted: Metro Transit hiring hundreds of new drivers
Metro races to hire hundreds of new drivers for expanded service that was approved by Seattle voters.
Associated PressMan arrested for carrying golf club sues Seattle police
A man who was arrested while walking on a sidewalk carrying a golf club is suing the Seattle Police Department.
MyNorthwestElephant activists return to Seattle council with new complaints
Activists return to the Seattle City Council to continue their battle over the controversial move.
MyNorthwestSeattle home invasion leaves man tied up, robbed
A Roosevelt area resident was tied up and robbed in his home early Sunday morning.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioSenator: Stalling negotiations part of Democrats' strategy
The 105-day legislative session ended Friday. It was scheduled to end Sunday.
- Notebook: More on the Mariners interesting trip to Texas
- Privately-funded arena proposed for Tukwila
- Dempsey's late goal lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Timbers
- After bumpy flight and unexpected side trip, M's land safely in Dallas
- Mauer's 2-run triple lifts Twins past Mariners 4-2 in 11 innings
- Mariners' Hisashi Iwakuma out 2-4 weeks with a mild lat strain
- John Schneider on the importance, challenge of identifying toughness
- Nepal earthquake came during height of Everest climbing season
- Months later, police prove that downtown Seattle is dangerous
- The last taboo
- Ocean blob is a 'bad deal of weather cards' for the Northwest
- Senator: Stalling negotiations part of Democrats' strategy
- Home shoppers flock to listings, 'fresh' or 'stale'
- What Dr. Ben Carson should say in Detroit
- Waste recycling company builds Sedro-Woolley site
- Popular zoo elephants likely to get harder to see in future
- Seattle police confident about May Day plans
- Okamoto tapped for temporary stint on Seattle City Council
- Police: School shooter said he didn't plan to hurt students
- Sheriff: 1 dead, 1 arrested in Ravensdale, Wash., shooting
- Families hope for Nepal news of 2 Seattle teens
Home shoppers flock to listings, 'fresh' or 'stale'
As of March 31, nearly 70 percent of the homes on the market were considered "stale"- homes that have sat on the market unsold for more than a month.
- Tacoma's U.S. Open: Tax-free cash for owners willing to rent
- Do real estate agents ever turn down a listing?
- New reverse mortgage 'review' timeline pushed back
- Referral power: Survey reveals lack of shopping for mortgages
- Real estate will ride three-year wave, new survey predicts
- New to the neighborhood? Test noise at different times
- Interest rate hike for June still 'in play'
- Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police response
- Drones and dogs deployed in battle to save the guacamole
- Bad weather hampers search for missing boaters in Alabama
- Police identify 2 fatally shot outside church; 4 injured
- NY sheriff: Killing of 15 loose bison was correct call
- Popular zoo elephants likely to get harder to see in future
- Texas asking appeals court to uphold voter photo ID law
- Helicopters ferry injured from Nepal villages near epicenter
- Auschwitz survivor: Trial of ex-Nazi guard is 'satisfaction'
- Man arrested in Bosnia over links to gunman in police attack
- Afghan official: At least 52 dead in landslide in northeast
- UK man accused of killing US soldier with bomb in Iraq
- Judge to probe Andorra bank Spanish unit for laundering
- Problems delay docking of Russia cargo ship at space station
- Supreme Court to hear historic same-sex marriage arguments
- Senate takes up bill on congressional approval of Iran deal
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground
- Study blames global warming for 75 percent of very hot days
- Rubio on 2016 campaign swing through California
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers
- Filmmaker among 4 Americans killed on Everest
- Residents help guide geese out of downtown Montana city
- Burnt macaroni and cheese forces evacuation at Iowa Capitol
- Quacking duck ringtone helps firefighter rescue ducklings
- Man driving motorhome leads Alaska State Troopers on a chase
- Owner spots his stolen truck in rearview mirror; arrest made
- Court: Iowa casino doesn't have to pay $41M jackpot error
- College's goat- and sheep-guarding donkey has surprise birth