Mathew Chandler says crazies, drunks and drug users frequent the grocery store he works at almost daily. He recently was suspended for using mace on a man he thought was about to attack him.
Families of teen victims of the Marysville Pilchuck High School shooting are banding together to find out if the attack could have been prevented.
A TV personality and comedian is highlighting the vague regulations between churches and the IRS. Former state attorney general and KIRO Political Analyst Rob McKenna weighs in on a difficult line that is drawn between them.
NEW MyNorthwest4.3 earthquake near Grand Coulee Dam
A 4.3 magnitude earthquake rattled an area about 21 miles north of the Grand Coulee Dam on Tuesday morning.
NEW MyNorthwestStudy says Seattle drivers are some of the worst
In yet another study about our habits on the roads, Seattle drivers rank a measly 184th out of 200 U.S. cities.
710 ESPN SeattleReport: Seahawks expected to sign RB Fred Jackson
The Seahawks' running back mix could be getting a little more crowded and a whole lot older with a report that Fred Jackson is expected to sign with the team.
ChokepointsThis is how you drive on the new Bothell Braid between I-405 and Hwy 522
One of the last remaining obstacles ahead of the Express Toll Lanes on I-405 is complete. The Bothell Braid means no more weaving on the freeway.
MyNorthwestVideo: Marshawn Lynch peddles Skittles on home shopping channel
Marshawn Lynch went on a home shopping channel to sell packs of Skittles.
GeekWireAmazon to let Prime members download movies, shows to iOS and Android
Amazon is letting iOS and Android users download select movies and TV shows from its Prime Instant Video service.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioRon Upshaw: McKinley's name change might be part of a bigger plan
President Barack Obama may just be starting on a campaign to rename federally recognized places.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioWhy are so many people from King County moving to California?
Tom and Curley argue that the tech industry is at the heart of why California and King County exchange nearly the same number of residents each year.
NEW MyNorthwestThousands remain without power four days after deadly Northwest windstorm
The region recovers after a windstorm ripped through the Puget Sound, killing two, and knocking out power to thousands.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: LA police attempt to improve relations with body cams
The Los Angeles police department will issue 7,000 body cams, making it the largest department in the nation to use them. But that's not all they are doing.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioThe magical mysteries of breast milk and breast feeding, revealed
How a simple article about the basics of breast milk quickly became The Stranger's most-read online article.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioRantz: WSU students may fail classes for saying 'illegal immigrant'
If you enroll in certain Washington State University courses, some professors may fail you for not complying with their thought policing and censorship.
MyNorthwestMan, 20, shot in Seattle's Pioneer Square neighborhood
A 20-year-old man was shot in Seattle's Pioneer Square neighborhood Monday evening, according to police.
KIRO RadioControversy over McKinley/Denali is similar to Mount Rainier's own story
The name of Alaska's Mount McKinley is returning to its original title, Denali. The battle for the name is strikingly similar to that of Mount Rainier.
- Lemuel Jeanpierre released as Seahawks trim roster ahead of deadline
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood to Carolina for 2017 draft pick
- Dallas Keuchel's solid start helps Astros over Mariners 8-3
- Did ESPN.com take a cheap shot at Seahawks rookie Frank Clark?
- Austin Jackson traded to Cubs for player to be named, signing slot
- Clayton: Seahawks are not the only contender with offensive line woes
- Danny O'Neil's Travelogue: San Diego
- Grocery employee punished for protecting himself on Capitol Hill
- The magical mysteries of breast milk, revealed
- Ron Upshaw: McKinley's name change might be part of a bigger plan
- WSU students may fail classes for saying 'illegal immigrant'
- Congressman Reichert outraged over potential release of murderer
- Hey Eastside, learn from Seattle's mistakes
- Older and single make up greater first-time buyer group
- Study says Seattle drivers are some of the worst
- Marshawn Lynch peddles Skittles on TV shopping channel
- AP source: Fred Jackson traveling to meet Seahawks
- Seattle-area blood bank sued by transgender woman
- Earthquake recorded north of Coulee Dam
- Favorable weather conditions help firefighters
- Man who pleaded guilty to public indecency seeks pardon
Older and single make up greater first-time buyer group
The average first-time homebuyer is about 33 with a median income near $54,340,
- Poor credit brings higher insurance rates, study reveals
- Owners who lost homes set for strong return
- Buy a vacation rental with a self-directed IRA
- No personal use: Investor eyes high-end vacation rental
- 'Prices rising just too fast' - Realtor economist
- Big on buying: Millennials shake 'just renting' perception
- Seattle rents on the rise, rank 8th in nation
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Young at heart? Not most Americans, government report says
- Man who got life for marijuana charge goes free in Missouri
- Facility being built at Rhode Island university collapses
- Suspect in Texas officer's death had 2nd mental commitment
- State's wildlife policy debated after encounter with bear
- Texas regulator clears oil and gas company of causing quakes
- A look at what migrants are carrying with them to Europe
- Chaos in Budapest train station amid Europe's migrant crisis
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag
- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case
- Pope marking day to stress care for creation
- Multiple suicide attacks kill 12 Iraqi troops, militiamen
- UN: This El Nino to be among the strongest since 1950
- Black Lives Matter movement experiencing growing pains
- Donald Trump among next week's guests on 'The Tonight Show'
- Walker, in office since 25, denies he's a career politician
- US factory output up in August at slowest pace since May '13
- Senate leader: Not enough votes to defund Planned Parenthood
- Alabama county must pay attorney fees in civil rights case
- Trumka: Democratic field 'still wide open,' Biden has time
- NY court refuses to hear appeals in chimp personhood case
- Southern New Jersey man digs up live cannonball in backyard
- $20 found in San Francisco leads to $1 million lottery win
- No bones about it: Dog mayor plans to run for president
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept
- Naked, body-painted bicyclists ride through Philadelphia
- Golf club owner agrees to pay $100,000 over manure incident