Ron and Don, KIRO RadioSgt. Woo is coming home! Fundraiser successful in less than 1 day
It took less than one day after Ron and Don put a call out to raise money and bring home an injured King County Sheriff's sergeant. Now he's coming home. This is how and when.
MyNorthwestFourth of July Tacoma trolley tragedy was one of the worst in history
July 4 , 1900 became a tragic day after a trolley lost control in Tacoma.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioSDOT Director Scott Kubly violated ethics rules, settles with Seattle
SDOT Director Scott Kubly and the city have reached a settlement that will cost the director $5,000, as he admits he violated Seattle Ethics Code.
MyNorthwestWhy SPD doesn't share state's problem with hiring officers
Many law enforcement agencies in Washington report difficulty recruiting new officers, but Seattle police are not having that problem. It helps that SPD officers are paid very well.
Danny O'Neil, 710 ESPN SeattleO'Neil: Seahawks’ $46M extension with Doug Baldwin follows a pattern
If the size of Baldwin’s $46 million extension came as a surprise, you haven’t paid attention to how the Seahawks have been doing business.
Associated PressUniversity of Washington virus researcher faces discipline
The University of Washington says a microbiology professor faces possible discipline for violating sexual harassment policies.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioListener letter | Puyallup govt. is addicted to money from traffic cameras
A KIRO Radio listener told the Tom & Curley Show that the Puyallup government is 'addicted' to money from traffic cameras.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioDori: Seattle's plan to destroy handguns has no substance
Seattle has a new policy to destroy all its old police handguns. But the police union has raised an issue with that plan.
Associated PressPaul Allen donates $1M for homeless housing in Seattle
Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen is donating $1 million to help a Seattle nonprofit build a new community for homeless people using steel modules.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Politicians sound so reasonable when they're not campaigning
While listening to Mitt Romney speak recently, KIRO Radio's Dave Ross came to the conclusion that politicians actually sound reasonable when they're not running for anything.
What are they building?New South Lake Union building doesn't involve Amazon
A giant steel frame sitting by itself in Lake Union Park will become a hub for educational activity in the future.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioKing Co. backs off septic tank proposal after residents raise a stink
Rural King County residents flooded a Tuesday meeting to comment on a proposed, now shelved, program that would implement a fee for monitoring of septic systems.
- Seahawks' $46M extension with Doug Baldwin follows a pattern
- Extra rest should benefit Mariners starter Taijuan Walker in his return
- Mariners call up Mike Zunino to replace injured backup catcher Steve Clevenger
- Seahawks' Boykin pleads no contest to resisting arrest, receives probation
- Mariners' Nelson Cruz explains why he says no to the Home Run Derby
- SoDo businesses plead with Seattle, King County to address 'public health crisis'
- New South Lake Union building doesn't involve Amazon
- Why the Seattle Police Department should have no problem hiring 200 more officers
- Questions resurface after 'sophisticated' bombing at busy Turkey airport
- Judge orders Tim Eyman to surrender tax records
- Sgt. Woo is coming home! Fundraiser successful in less than 1 day
- Listener letter | Puyallup govt. is addicted to money from traffic cameras
- SDOT Director Scott Kubly violated ethics rules, settles with Seattle
- John Curley asks Tom Douglas why anyone would own a restaurant in Seattle
- Fundraising goal to bring King County deputy home reached in less than a day