NEW Dori Monson, KIRO RadioDori: Mayor Murray cares more about bureaucracy than homeless prevention
Mayor Ed Murray's housing levy proposal asks citizens to spend more than twice as much on administration than on homelessness prevention.
NEW Associated PressKasich dropping out, AP sources say; Trump on clear GOP path
News of John Kasich reportedly dropping from the presidential race followed Ted Cruz’ decision to drop from the race Tuesday.
NEW KIRO 7Deputy shoots, kills man armed with assault rifle in Burien
A man armed with an assault rifle was fatally shot by a King County sheriff's deputy in Burien early Wednesday.
ChokepointsRain showers to continue as drivers deal with viaduct closure
Scattered rain showers are making the fourth weekday commute without the Alaskan Way Viaduct a bit more troublesome for drivers.
Feliks Banel, KIRO RadioAudio montage of lost and found sounds tell the story of the viaduct
A short audio montage of lost and found sounds telling, more or less, the story of the Alaskan Way Viaduct.
KIRO RadioAfter last summer’s deadly accident, Big Four Ice Caves re-open with little change
The Forrest Service says that long term, re-routing of the Big Four trail is still an option. But not this summer. And many of other options just aren’t realistic.
Local NewsMissing 16-year-old Spokane girl found in Ohio
An Amber Alert was cancelled Wednesday morning after a missing 16-year-old from Spokane was found in Ohio with the man suspected of kidnapping her.
What are they building?Proposed building next to Facebook's new digs could add space for media giant
There could be plans to add to Facebook's new digs, even before employees move into their new space.
710 ESPN SeattleJohn Schneider: No Seahawk will wear Lynch’s 24 in 2016
Seahawks general manager John Schneider shot down whatever remote possibility there may have been about running back Marshawn Lynch playing again for Seattle.
Associated PressCruz exits Republican race for president
Ted Cruz is ending his campaign for president, putting Donald Trump on a glide path to claim the Republican Party’s nomination.
MyNorthwestSinkhole appears in Roosevelt neighborhood not far from historic site
A sinkhole in Seattle's Roosevelt neighborhood developed 50 feet above the newly constructed light rail tunnel, and is not far from another historic sinkhole that was much bigger.
MyNorthwestGentrification in Seattle's Central District about more than pot shop
Seattle hip-hop artist Draze explains the issue of gentrification in Seattle's Central District and why it is about more than a controversial pot shop.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioWho are the people who participate in the May Day anarchist riots?
Seattle's superhero Phoenix Jones has dealt with the annual anarchist marchers and he has a few thoughts on who they are and what the city should do about them.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioSupreme Court rejection of minimum wage argument is 'stunning defeat'
An important decision by the US Supreme Court to turn away a challenge to Seattle's $15 an hour minimum wage law has franchise owners irate and advocates ecstatic.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioA new dad's guide to fatherhood takes parenting tips from rock stars
When Bremerton music journalist, Chris Kornelis, was anticipating his first child, he asked for advice from the people he was interviewing: rock stars.
MyNorthwestBertha has less than 240 feet to go to move past the viaduct
After several days of digging, the Seattle tunneling machine is steadily mining toward its 385-foot goal.
- Mariners notebook: Dealing with 'nagging soreness,' Zych placed on 15-day DL
- City Council votes against street vacation for proposed SoDo arena
- John Schneider: No Seahawk will wear Marshawn Lynch's 24 in 2016
- Favorite baseball memories: Griffey and a legendary home run call
- Rees Odhiambo on his emotional draft-day call from the Seahawks
- Proposed building next to Facebook's new digs could add space for media giant
- Owner of Seattle's Uncle Ike's Pot Shop speaks out about controversy
- A story told with lost and found viaduct sounds
- Rain showers expected to continue through Wednesday as drivers deal with viaduct closure
- Gentrification in Seattle's Central District about more than pot shop
- Medved: Trump is worse than Hillary Clinton for president
- The recent White House Correspondents' dinner made me sick to my stomach
- Supreme Court rejection of Seattle minimum wage argument is a 'stunning defeat'
- A new dad's guide to fatherhood takes parenting tips from rock stars
- Terry Hollimon explains being offended by ‘Black Rifles Matter’ bumper sticker