Olympia's chief of police quickly announced that race was not a factor in a shooting that sent two black men to the hospital on Thursday. But was it too quick?
The Mukilteo School District has zero tolerance for students leaving campus, but when teachers choose to leave for the day there are no repercussions.
SponsoredPrint may not be dead, but e-books and e-reader devices are quickly taking up more space in the content landscape.
NEW MyNorthwestSeahawks' Jon Ryan competes in "American Ninja Warrior"
Seattle Seahawks punter Jon Ryan will give his best in the upcoming season of the televised obstacle competition "American Ninja Warrior."
NEW Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioClosure of popular Seattle restaurant is a blow to nostalgic
Some people may not care that Seattle's oldest Mexican restaurant is closing, but for some it's like losing a piece of the city.
Associated PressHundreds protest Olympia police shooting
Hundreds of people gathered Thursday night in Olympia, to protest a police shooting that wounded two stepbrothers suspected of trying to steal beer from a grocery store.
MyNorthwestOlympia chief: Two suspects in officer-involved shooting expected to live
A police officer shot two suspects after they allegedly attempted to steal beer at a grocery store in Olympia.
NEW Tom Tangney, KIRO Radio'Tomorrowland' is equal parts suspense and wonder
"Tomorrowland" is a big-budget, kid-empowerment movie, very Disney and very good. But first and foremost, it's a kids movie.
Associated PressAfter standoff, Seattle police find bank robbery suspect dead
Seattle police say that when officers entered a bank robbery suspect's home after a lengthy standoff, they found him dead of apparently self-inflicted wounds.
NEW Dave Ross, KIRO RadioWhat to do with the flying postman
The man who flew a gyrocopter to the nation's capitol in a statement on government finance now faces charges for the flight.
Associated PressResearcher says drought could get worse in Washington
Drought conditions in Washington are likely to grow worse because of a strengthening El Nino weather pattern.
MyNorthwestShunned gay Boy Scout leader applauds potential policy change
In the wake of an announcement by the leader of the Boy Scouts of America that its ban on gay members is "unsustainable," a banned scout leader welcomes the news.
NEW Associated PressJudge tosses Shell Oil lawsuit to stop environmental impact study of its new Puget Sound refinery
A much contested environmental impact statement on a proposed oil unloading facility in Anacortes will go forward after a judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Shell to stop it.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioTom gets aggressive about Seattle's passive-aggressive bus signs
Seattle isn't too receptive to outsiders, but residents of the Emerald City probably won't say that to someone's face.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioWhere are all the parents? They're on their phones
With a spate of kids getting involved in serious crimes, one might ask: where are all the parents?
Associated PressIncreased tension over wolf issues prompts state to hire conflict specialist
The state has hired a wildlife-conflict specialist to help reduce tensions caused by the state's growing population of wolves.
MyNorthwestSeattle woman pistol whipped for trying to stop teen fight
A 34-year-old Seattle woman was struck in the face with a gun by a 16-year-old boy as she tried to stop him from shooting another teen.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioCritic defends letter chastising Seattle police for May Day tactics
The Community Police Commission is sticking with its opinion that some of the tactics used by Seattle police during protests go too far.
- Connor Halliday's decision to quit football doesn't add up
- Video: 'Entourage' cast on upcoming movie, Russell Wilson's cameo and more
- Tannehill's extension and the Seahawks' negotiations with Wilson
- Why the Mariners traded for Welington Castillo, and why now
- Clayton: Tannehill's deal doesn't affect Seahawks' talks with Wilson
- Audio: 'Brock and Salk' parodies Amazon video with pitch to athletes
- Seahawks' Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer
- 'Tomorrowland' is equal parts suspense and wonder
- Ron Upshaw: Don't dismiss race so quickly in Olympia shooting
- Why are students diciplined for walkout; teachers get off scot-free?
- Critic defends letter chastising Seattle police for May Day tactics
- Where are all the parents?
- A generation that is addicted to their smartphones
- New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
- Moving elephants from Seattle zoo to Oklahoma costs big
- Washington CEO pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Bellingham waterfront pollution cleanup to begin this summer
- Judge tosses Shell suit to stop environmental impact study
- After standoff, Seattle police find robbery suspect dead
- Mount Vernon, Wash., fire damages building, restaurant
- Storm packing heavy rain, hail, lightning hits central Wash.
New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
Washington state law limits the use of incentives and inducements to $25 per person per year.
- Builder group lists Top 12 amenities in an average home
- Equity rising but 4 million borrowers still 'underwater'
- Builders add more standard features yet basics vary
- Multiple offers now norm as home shopping hits fever pitch
- Where's the buyer loyalty when open-house agents surface?
- Stressful? Consumers pick root canal over homebuying
- Home offices have become a much 'safer harbor'
- Demilitarizing the cops: States retool police training
- Feds: Temple professor offered China data on US-made device
- Forecaster warns of flooding during Memorial Day weekend
- Suspicious package found at NYC's Grand Central Terminal
- Judge tosses portion of lawsuit in girl's bullying death
- Cruise ship that ran aground near Bermuda returns to Boston
- US prosecutors to announce charges over Wesleyan overdoses
- This Seattle angel investor just declared that he’ll only back startups with at least one female founder
- Amazon now delivers food from local stores in under one hour as Prime Now expands
- Ignition raises $200 million venture fund in pursuit of top enterprise software startups
- OrderAhead ignores state Attorney General’s inquiry into restaurant’s allegations of online hijacking
- Comcast to offer residential high-speed fiber Internet in Washington this summer
- Bill Nye’s solar-powered satellite launch a success
- An eye for fashion: Here’s the winner from the Seattle Angel Conference
- Heavy Saudi-led airstrikes target Shiite rebels in Yemen
- UN chief urges peaceful solution of South China Sea dispute
- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm
- Nepal assesses if quake-hit villages are at risk before rain
- Cholera infects 3,000 Burundian refugees; UN call for help
- Dutch government to sell off nationalized ABN Amro bank
- Egypt's president: Lack of 'justice' fueling extremism
- Obama's Senate allies hope to endorse his trade bill Friday
- Longtime Clinton adviser sent flood of emails on Benghazi
- Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks for nonprofits
- Surveillance debate produces unusual alliances in Capitol
- US consumer prices up a slight 0.1 percent in April
- Sen. Cantwell turns Senate divisions on trade to advantage
- Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks for nonprofits
- Image of Asia: A tight hold on her new baby
- Man in scuba gear gets warning after causing restaurant stir
- Man evades police, then caught while returning for lost hat
- Ohio man finds canister containing 21-year-old message
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony rapper helps driver in diabetic shock
- BASE jumper dies after setting parachute on fire for stunt
- Police seek man who swiped nearly $3K bottle of cognac