Seattle responds to large-scale outages as most of Western Washington is under a high wind warning Saturday.
After that frightening 'New Yorker' article came out, warning us that a big earthquake is bound to destroy the region, many of us started to prepare. But who will help the region's most vulnerable population?
Check out the week in photos from all over the world.
Danny O'Neil, 710 ESPN SeattleSeahawks may count on Marshawn Lynch more than ever
The preseason has shown how much the Seahawks will rely upon Marshawn Lynch to counterbalance an offensive line that will have two new starters and one player switching positions.
NEW Associated PressLakewood dedicating school in memory of 4 slain officers
The city of Lakewood will be dedicating a new elementary school this week in memory of four police officers killed at a coffee shop in 2009.
710 ESPN SeattleSteven Hauschka's 60-yard field goal lifts Seahawks to 16-15 win
Steven Hauschka hit a late 60-yard field goal and Tyler Lockett returned a punt for a touchdown as the Seahawks beat San Diego 16-15 for their first win of the preseason.
Associated PressInjured firefighter's condition upgraded
A firefighter injured battling a blaze in central Washington has been upgraded from critical to serious condition.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioIs Russell Wilson galvanizing Seahawks fans or losing support?
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson speaks his mind, even if what is on his mind may be odd or down right ridiculous to some fans.
MyNorthwestSeattle police arrest suspect in downtown tourist attack
Seattle police have arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection with a robbery outside the downtown bus tunnel on Monday. The robbery escalated and three tourists were attacked.
Shannon Drayer, 710 ESPN SeattleWhat's next for Kevin Mather, Mariners in search for a new GM
Mariners president Kevin Mather is ready to make the organization's most important hire: the next person to make decisions as the general manager.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioSeattle Mayor's office has incredibly high turnover rate
Not since the Paul Schell administration has the Seattle Mayor's office had such a high turnover rate.
MyNorthwestSinkholes close famous Tacoma stadium
Tacoma's Stadium Bowl has been shut down due to a series of sinkholes marring the football field.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Can't fault Everett firefighters for trying to shut homeless man up
A homeless man who has caused the Everett Fire Department a headache was taken out to a more remote location in hopes it would quiet him.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioDeveloper threatens Seattle's classic 13 Coins restaurant
The latest project slated for South Lake Union will add hundreds of more apartments in two large towers. But the real story isn't what is being built, it's what is being demolished.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioSupreme court: Officials' personal texts are public record
While the Washington Supreme Court ruled that public officials' personal text messages are public records. But it still might not be so simple.
- Seager hits 2-run HR, Mariners hold on to beat White Sox 7-6
- What's next for Kevin Mather, Mariners in search for a new GM
- Jack Zduriencik reflects on tenure with Mariners, wishes club well after his firing
- Ricardo Lockette credits Russell Wilson for Seahawks overcoming Super Bowl
- Mariners notebook: Lloyd McClendon, Nelson Cruz on Jack Zduriencik's firing
- Mariners president Kevin Mather on the decision to fire Zduriencik, what's next
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Michael Medved reviews 'No Escape' starring Owen Wilson
- Can't fault Everett firefighters for trying to shut homeless man up
- Putting gun deaths in context
- The ugly truth about homeless vets
- Supreme court: Officials' personal texts are public record
- When you can't control guns, control the people who use them
- 'Buy that mountain rental with an IRA' - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Hauschka kicks 60-yard field goal to give Seahawks 16-15 win
- Seager hits 2-run HR, Mariners hold on to beat White Sox 7-6
- Teacher contracts still being negotiated across Washington
- Strong winds blamed for 2 deaths in Seattle area
- Low oxygen in Hood Canal killing marine life
- Memorial service for 3 firefighters Sunday at 1 p.m.
- US Coast Guard intercepts more than 50 pounds of MDMA
'Buy that mountain rental with an IRA' - 9 a.m. Sunday
How much do real estate IRAs cost to establish? Are there loopholes for personal use?
- Poor credit brings higher insurance rates, study reveals
- Owners who lost homes set for strong return
- Buy a vacation rental with a self-directed IRA
- No personal use: Investor eyes high-end vacation rental
- 'Prices rising just too fast' - Realtor economist
- Big on buying: Millennials shake 'just renting' perception
- Seattle rents on the rise, rank 8th in nation
- Dartmouth, Vermont town have century-long tuition deal
- New York town's large collection of WWII vet photos endures
- When the wells run dry: California neighbors cope in drought
- When the wells run dry: California families cope in drought
- California beach reopens after Hammerhead shark sighting
- 'Awakenings' author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at 82
- Global warming carving changes into Alaska in fire and ice
- Germany, France, Britain press for EU action on migrants
- Israel has failed to reform Jewish radicals, critics charge
- Suu Kyi tells voters to ignore intimidation in Nov. election
- Pakistan officials: US envoy discusses Afghan peace efforts
- IS fighters try to push into new district in Syrian capital
- Italy's Eni finds 'supergiant' natural gas field off Egypt
- Spanish mayor denies his town destroyed Stone Age tomb
- Donald Trump courts tea party voters in Nashville
- Donald Trump says he'll decide on third party bid soon
- Sanders says he would be prepared to use military force
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing
- Vote tally for Iran nuclear deal rises to 31 in Senate
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer keeps open possibility of Sept. hike
- Naked, body-painted bicyclists ride through Philadelphia
- Golf club owner agrees to pay $100,000 over manure incident
- Teacher who was late 111 times says he was eating breakfast
- Benedictine monk relaxing atop wind turbine spotted by drone
- New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 times keeps job
- Police confront North Dakota students armed with telescope
- List limits booze sales for Illinois city's habitual drunks