What began as a bit of a lark for a veteran Seattle music promoter has become one of the biggest events in the west, and a harbinger of a major shift in the music business.
Tomorrowland" is a big budget kid's movie. It's very Disney and very good but first and foremost, it's a kids movie. A kids empowerment movie, to be exact.
This week in photos from around the world.
MyNorthwestShell protesters damage West Seattle dive park habitat
The activists protesting Shell oil and the impacts drilling has on the environment left behind material used to anchor their protest barge in a popular dive park.
Associated PressBoy injured in Enumclaw explosion is in critical condition
A hospital spokeswoman says one of two boys seriously injured in an explosion outside a home in Enumclaw, Washington, is in critical condition.
MyNorthwestCar drives over campsites at Gorge Campground, at least 4 hurt
At least four people were injured Saturday morning when a car drove over multiple campsites at the Gorge Campground near George.
Associated Press2 people chained to Shell ship north of Seattle
Two people have chained themselves to a support ship that is part of Royal Dutch Shell's exploratory oil drilling plans and currently moored north of Seattle.
MyNorthwestPolice release surveillance video taken before Olympia police shooting
Police have released surveillance video taken inside an Olympia grocery store early Thursday morning where two men allegedly tried to shoplift beer before assaulting an employee.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: The maddening revision of the Olympia shooting
Jason Rantz suggests we all pretend to care about all the facts of the Olympia shooting currently presented, rather than revising the story to fit ideological views.
Associated PressOfficials: 2 boys burned in explosion outside Wash. home
A King County sheriff's spokesman says two young boys described as best friends have been seriously injured in an explosion outside a home in Enumclaw, Washington.
Associated PressBody found on porch in Aberdeen, armed woman surrenders
Police in Aberdeen, Washington, say they have taken a woman into custody after a nearly nine-hour standoff at a home where officers found a body on the porch.
KIRO RadioOlympia police say transparency is keeping protests peaceful
While tensions remain high in Olympia following this week's police shooting of two unarmed black men suspected of shoplifting, there's been no violence.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioDoes 'Entourage' role contradict Russell Wilson's values?
Ron Upshaw is uncomfortable with the apparent conflict between Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson's promoted values and appearing in the upcoming film "Entourage."
MyNorthwestPolice recording details what happened in Olympia shooting
Police recording details the two minutes of time between when an officer spotted two shoplifting suspects and when he tells dispatch he shot them.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioClosure of popular Seattle restaurant is a blow to nostalgic
Some people may not care that Seattle's oldest Mexican restaurant is closing, but others may feel like they're losing a piece of the city.
MyNorthwestSeahawks' Jon Ryan competes on 'American Ninja Warrior'
Seattle Seahawks punter Jon Ryan will give his best in the upcoming season of the televised obstacle competition "American Ninja Warrior."
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Why are students disciplined for walkout; teachers get off scot-free?
The Mukilteo School District has zero tolerance for students leaving campus, but when teachers choose to leave for the day, Dori points out there are no repercussions.
- Kris Richard on Seahawks' defense, expectations for CBs and more
- How do the Mariners keep finding ways to lose games?
- What's gone wrong with the Mariners? Quite a bit
- Lloyd McClendon looking for clean baseball from Mariners
- Seahawks' Jon Ryan competes on 'American Ninja Warrior'
- Connor Halliday's decision to quit football doesn't add up
- Video: 'Entourage' cast on upcoming movie, Russell Wilson's cameo and more
- Does 'Entourage' role contradict Russell Wilson's values?
- Media forces Jeb Bush to throw his brother under the bus
- What to do with the flying postman
- 'Tomorrowland' is equal parts suspense and wonder
- Ron Upshaw: Don't dismiss race so quickly in Olympia shooting
- Why are students disciplined for walkout; teachers get off scot-free?
- 'How to prepare for a bidding war' - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Paxton wins 3rd straight, Mariners beat Blue Jays 3-2
- Bugler honors deceased veterans with personal touch
- At least 4 injured at amphitheater campground in Washington
- Hospital: 1 boy injured in Enumclaw explosion is critical
- 2 people chained to Shell ship north of Seattle
- Car drives over campsites at Gorge Campground, at least 4 hurt
- King of Norway in Washington for commencement address
'How to prepare for a bidding war' - 9 a.m. Sunday
Is there merit in inserting an escalator clauses in your purchase and sale agreement?
- New legislation returns title insurance kickbacks to front burner
- Builder group lists Top 12 amenities in an average home
- Equity rising but 4 million borrowers still 'underwater'
- Builders add more standard features yet basics vary
- Multiple offers now norm as home shopping hits fever pitch
- Where's the buyer loyalty when open-house agents surface?
- Stressful? Consumers pick root canal over homebuying
- Hawaii groups plant coconut trees, protest against Monsanto
- Protests, arrests after Ohio officer's acquittal in 2 deaths
- The Latest in Cleveland: Multiple arrests after verdict
- The Latest on flooding: Music festival evacuated in Oklahoma
- Vermont town's famous floating bridge reopens with fanfare
- Just another birthday for Detroit-area woman _ her 116th
- Ohio patrolman's acquittal in 2 deaths sets off protests
- From space to schools, Elon Musk takes on the education system by starting a new school
- Adult FriendFriender hack exposes about 4 million users — and intimate details of their sex lives
- Google inundated with requests for Project Fi, users may have to wait until midsummer for new service
- Education technology: Your cheat sheet to 10 fads, trends, and WTFs
- Amazon taking direct aim at Etsy with new marketplace for hand-crafted goods
- This Canadian just blasted away the world record for hoverboard travel
- GeekWire Radio: Surprising study reveals how parents use smartphones on the playground
- Putin signs Russian law to shut 'undesirable' organizations
- Jailed Venezuelan leader starts hunger strike, urges protest
- 52 dead in China floods, including 2 kids on overloaded bus
- Local media: Burundi opposition figure shot dead in capital
- Thousands evacuated in Nepal after landslide blocks river
- Putin signs Russian law to shut 'undesirable' organizations
- Ireland gives resounding 62.1 percent 'yes' to gay marriage
- NSA winds down once-secret phone-records collection program
- After break, Senate to reconsider Patriot Act extension
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil can hurt US economy
- US officials: Iran enters Iraqi fight for key oil refinery
- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill
- About 162,000 U-Haul vehicle trailer hitches recalled
- Another patch put in place for highway and transit funding
- Colorado city going dark this weekend to help stargazers
- Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florida drawbridge
- Campaign worker sends fake news release saying foe left race
- Man in scuba gear gets warning after causing restaurant stir
- Man evades police, then caught while returning for lost hat
- Ohio man finds canister containing 21-year-old message
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony rapper helps driver in diabetic shock