Legislators in Olympia are already considering a ban on powdered alcohol.
Emergency responders are usually able to use state HOV lanes for free, but that courtesy doesn't extend to the 520 bridge and it won't for the upcoming I-405 Express toll lanes.
Indiana is under a lot of pressure to revise its Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioIvar's president is confident early $15 minimum wage rollout will work
Ivar's employees are thrilled to make $15 an hour.
Associated PressSeattle City Council approves up to 3 new homeless camps
The Seattle City Council has an ordinance allowing up to three new homeless encampments in the city.
NEW MyNorthwestKitsap County becomes first to accept texts to 9-1-1
People in emergency situations can now text Kitsap County dispatchers.
NEW MyNorthwestFourth baby orca spotted in Salish Sea this year
The fourth southern-resident orca was seen swimming in the Salish Sea Monday.
MyNorthwestFatal crash involving Metro bus blocking traffic on Maple Valley Road in Renton
All lanes of State Route 169 in Renton are blocked after a fatality collision involving a Metro bus Tuesday morning.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioBe kind, be strong, be funny when you can: A photographer's show of gratitude
Photographer Lynnette Johnson's life is full of irony and she's making the best of it.
Associated PressOfficers talk to man wounded in mobile home park killings
Detectives have interviewed a 22-year-old man who survived a weekend shooting that left a woman and her roommate's toddler dead in Bremerton.
KIRO RadioNew trial reopens old wound for family of Craigslist killing victim
The Washington State Court of Appeals ruled Clabon Berniard's rights were violated during his first trial in a Craigslist murder.
MyNorthwestBertha's 2,000-ton front end making way to repair platform
Crews lifted the front end of Bertha, the massive tunneling machine stuck under Seattle's waterfront, Monday.
MyNorthwestJury finds Erick Walker guilty of manslaughter in Molly Conley trial
Jurors found Erick N. Walker guilty of manslaughter in the death of a 15-year-old Seattle high school student.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: I have the stats to show driving is safer than cycling
As Americans, we put more miles in our cars than walking and bicycling. Dori Monson says if you don't factor that in, then the safety stats are absolutely meaningless.
Associated PressGov. Inslee: No state-funded travel to Indiana
Gov. Jay Inslee says he is imposing an administration-wide ban on state-funded travel to Indiana after the passage of a new law.
KIRO RadioDave Ross: Don't water down emergency situations
We seem to be in one of those periods when the cosmos conspires to remind us that flying is not a natural thing.
MyNorthwestCardboard cutouts are golden memories for Ackley Boys
Who knew a few old refrigerator boxes could get you recognized on the streets and earn an award? The Ackley Brothers are finding their way back to Safeco Field this season.
- Report: Free-agent C Chris Myers visiting Seahawks
- Mariners option Roenis Elias to Triple A, cut roster to 28
- Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez, 20, dies
- Gonzaga falls short of Final Four with 66-52 loss to Duke
- Follow NCAA Tournament action here
- Podcasts: Felix, Cano, McClendon and other M's on "Danny, Dave and Moore"
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson works out with Texas Rangers
- Ivar's president is confident early $15 minimum wage rollout will work
- Powdered alcohol the latest thing lawmakers want to protect you from
- Dori: Driving is safer than cycling and here are the stats to back it up
- Seattle mayor is reading Indiana law all wrong
- The waiting game could prove costly in local housing
- New trial reopens old wound for family of Craigslist killing victim
- One-quarter of Seattle's lower-end homes remain 'underwater'
- Fourth baby orca spotted this year
- Seattle City Council OKs up to 3 new homeless camps
- Man dies in fatal collision with bus near Renton
- Kitsap County starts text-to-911 service
- Wild turkeys causing problems on South Hill of Spokane
- Tacoma judge dismisses charges, cites prosecutor misconduct
- Burned bear cub out of hibernation, ready for return to wild
The waiting game could prove costly in local housing
The inventory of resale and pre-build homes is not expected to recover until summer or fall.
- One-quarter of Seattle's lower-end homes remain 'underwater'
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
- Housing affordability: Detroit, San Francisco at ends of spectrum
- Survey reveals most millennials unaware of closing costs
- Zillow rolls out new search tool targeting agent specialties
- Demand is high, so why are builders so cautious?
- US Steel to idle part of Minntac; 680 layoffs expected
- Family of NY woman slain by mentally ill man settles lawsuit
- Kentucky argues in brief that gay marriage ban is not biased
- Prom day killing suspect faces another psychiatric review
- 2nd suspect pleads guilty in case of child cuffed to porch
- Charter nabs Bright House in latest cable deal
- Autopsy set on Ohio girl who died hours before rape trial
- Heavy winds sweep Europe, knock people to their knees
- Vatican hopes to avoid financial scandal during Jubilee year
- Greece disagrees with sanctions against Russia, Tsipras says
- Morocco investigative journalist gets 10 months for adultery
- Donors pledge $3.8B in Syria aid, far short of what's needed
- Transportation strike in Argentina shuts down country
- Spokesman: Nigeria opposition candidate won, fears 'tricks'
- Democrat O'Malley hits GOP support for Indiana law
- First lady asks kids to step up for healthy lunch challenge
- Obama vetoes measure against swifter union elections
- Supreme Court weighs patent fight over Spider-Man toy
- Police: Prisoner who stole gun, fled hospital found in DC
- US consumer confidence rises in March
- US hits Syrian bank official, 3 companies with sanctions
- Woman charged with stabbing boyfriend after salsa argument
- 10-foot, 300-pound metal rooster goes missing in Athens
- Surplus symbols: How many state bugs and beans do we need?
- Unique official state symbols being requested in 2015
- Officials: Pizza shop burglar steals 100 candy bars, cookies
- Man pays fine, avoids jail for missing jury duty 11 times
- Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie