A divorced Seattle couple lives together, raises kids together Whitney and Brian live in Seattle's Fremont neighborhood with their two kids, only they got a divorce 10 years ago. The pair, who call themselves friends and a team, decided to raise their kids together, in one house, while living in separate bedrooms.
Seattle 'Full House' family is the answer to the city's rent crisis Three and a half months ago, Seattle's Julia Massey and Jared Cortese became parents to baby Carl. They wanted to move to a bigger place, but can't afford it on their musician salaries. So they rented a bigger house with Jared's two brothers to save money, create a stronger community for themselves and raise their son in a close knit family atmosphere.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
TunaRamen Delight & other recipes prisoners concoct in their cells There's a long history of inmates concocting their own MSG laden recipes in the comfort of their units, using processed foods purchased from the commissary mixed with squirreled away cafeteria foods. The result is dishes like a burrito made with Top Ramen noodles and spice packet, refried, beans, pickles and mayonnaise. Rachel Belle visited the Clallam Bay Correctional Center to learn more about prison food.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Prisoners at WA's Clallam Bay learn the art of French Pastry making At Clallam Bay Correctional Center, a select number of inmates can participate in a seven month baking program, that gives them 45 credits at Peninsula College. They spend six hours a day, five days a week, perfecting French pastry and baking breads, cookies and brownies that are sold to prison staff and used to fund-raise for local charities. The idea is to give inmates an employable skill for when they get out.
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Ring My Belle: A gruesome death at the Bumblebee tuna factory 1. The Internet is calling her Mom of the Year: the woman who was videotaped smacking her son on the street during the Baltimore riot.
2. A man was accidentally cooked to death at the Bumblebee tuna plant.
3. A two sided mirror in a Chicago public restroom stirs debate.
4. A Federal Way man is using hip hop to get kids to eat vegan.
Monday, April 27, 2015
Ring My Belle: Sesame Street is under construction after 45 years 1. The Makah tribe wants to be allowed to hunt gray whales again.
2. An Amazon parody video mocks an idealistic Seattle life.
3. After 45 seasons, Sesame Street is getting a makeover.
4. Rachel was in California over the weekend and experienced drought fear first hand.
Ring My Belle: Bellevue Skate King is closing, Rachel Belle cries nacho cheese tears 1. Bellevue Skate King is closing on June 30. Rachel Belle cries nacho cheese tears.
2. An LA Tinmes article says: "Thanks to TV's strong women, voters are ready for a female president."
3. Jon Stewart reveals why he's leaving the Daily Show: he's bored.
4. Kraft says that as of January 2016 its original macaroni and cheese sold in the United States will no longer contain synthetic colors or artificial preservatives.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Ring My Belle: 90 ways you might look suspicious to the TSA 1. A couple was babysitting a kid who turned to be kidnapped.
2. A homeless man in Florida is about to get an apartment after finding a bank account he'd forgotten about.
3. The TSA has a 90-point check list of things they're looking for in terrorists, and if you have a bobbing Adam's apple, you might be on their radar.
Ring My Belle: Maryland Free-Range parents are suing CPS for picking up their kids 1. A couple in Maryland, who call themselves Free-Range parents, is suing the county for detaining their children, who were simply playing at a nearby park, unsupervised.
2. Tumwater High School boys speak out against sexual assault.
3. A NY woman filled potholes in her town with potting soil and flowers.
4. Two little girls from Australia are raking in 6-figures a month making desserts on YouTube.
Ring My Belle: Man's head transplant makes Rachel want to barf 1. A Russian man wants to be the first to have his head transplanted onto a working body.
2. A 65 year old German woman is pregnant with quadruplets.
3. Thanks to Italian astronauts, the International Space Station will soon be getting an espresso maker.
4. An australian woman got a nasty piece of hate mail from her girlfriends, complaining that she brags about her baby too much on social media.