Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Rachel gets an insiders view at Phoenix and the Super Bowl preps
Rachel Belle gets an insiders look at Phoenix as the city prepares for the Super Bowl
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- Rachel Belle experiences Super Bowl media day
Rachel Belle braves the craziness to take in Super Bowl media day
Friday, January 23, 2015
- The history of the Super Bowl halftime show
These days we're used to huge stars like Katy Perry and Bruno Mars performing the Super Bowl halftime shows, but when the Super Bowl started it was all marching bands and drill squads. Learn about the scandals and quirks of the halftime shows, through the years, with Rachel Belle.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- 12th Woman shoes: For the fashion conscious Seahawk fan
More than half of Seattle area women now say they are Seahawk fans, but not all of them are satisfied wearing baggy jerseys and baseball caps. At Seattle's Hourglass Footwear, they hand paint 12th Woman shoes, for lady Seahawks fans who love sports, but crave style.
- Ring My Belle: There's a War on Pizza!
1. A measles outbreak has broken out at Disneyland, so anyone who isn't vaccinated is encouraged to stay far, far away. 2. Washington's Attorneys General wants to change the legal smoking age from 18 to 21. 3. New research says pizza is making American kids fat. It may not be the unhealthiest food, but our kids eat a ton of it, way too often.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- Ring My Belle: You can have an interactive imaginary boy/girlfriend for the low low price of $25 a month
1. Seahawk updates! 2. An emotional reunion when an American soldier is reunited with a concentration camp prisoner, who he helped liberate in 1945. 3. An app that provides you with an interactive imaginary girlfriend or boyfriend.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- Old Dog Haven finds new homes for old dogs
If a 12 year old dog with cancer winds up at an animal shelter, chances are that dog will be put down. Unless the shelter contacts western Washington's Old Dog Haven, a non-profit that places elderly dogs in loving homes and pays all of the medical bills, to the tune of $40,000 a month.
- Ring My Belle: Seahawks zen out with meditation and yoga
1. Parents of mentally ill adult children want to pass "Joel's Law" to make it easier to get their potentially dangerous kids temporarily committed. 2. A local dad was upset when he had to take his son to a birthday party during the NFC Championship game. 3. Many of the Seahawks meditate and do yoga together. 4. An Arkansas man was pulled over for eating while driving. Is eating a Big Mac behind the wheel as dangerous as texting?
Monday, January 19, 2015
- Meet the sisters from Sumner who are obsessed with New Kids on the Block
Sumner sisters Telley Driskell and Sarah Dutcher are obsessed with New Kids on the Block. Telley even has a New Kids room completely dedicated to all of her paraphernalia. Their experience on a sold-out New Kids cruise has been documented on a new reality show called "Rock the Boat."
- Ring My Belle: A Seattle restaurant is slammed for its "hip-hop brunch" menu
1. Rachel Belle is covering the Super Bowl! 2. A Seattle restaurant has been slammed for serving a hip-hop brunch. 3. After a 5 year old didn't show up to a birthday party he'd RSVP'd for, the parents throwing the party are demanding money to compensate what they paid.
Friday, January 16, 2015
- A local Packers fan scored free tickets to Sundays NFC Championship because he's a veteran
A Port Orchard man, who runs the nonprofit Fishing With Veterans, bought two tickets to the Seahawks vs Packers game, with the intention of giving them to a deserving soldier or veteran. But the vet we connected him with turned out to be a Packers fan!
- Ring My Belle: #askhermore says women should be asked more than "Who are you wearing?" on the red carpet
1. Bainbridge Island realizes it's cheese ban is off base because most of the cheese we buy here is local, not from Wisconsin. 2. What do the Packers do with their down time? Play Settlers of Catan! 3. On Twitter, #askhermore is trending. The public wants women asked more interesting questions on the red carpet, not just "Who are you wearing?" 4. England may be home to the first all-gay school.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
- Free Lolita! After 45 years in captivity, acitivists want a Salish Sea Orca returned to her home waters
This Saturday there will be rallies around the world in support of Lolita, the Orca whale from the Salish Sea, who has been in captivity at a Miami water park for the past 45 years. Ralliers want Lolita returned to her home waters, and they're meeting at Seattle's Alki Beach on Saturday to get their message heard.
- Ring My Belle: Bainbridge Island calls for a cheese ban
1. Bainbridge Island's city manager banned cheese at city hall, leading up to sunday's Packers vs Seahawks game. 2. Jay Inslee suggests no jail time for property crime offenders. 3. You can now use apps to make a doctor's appointment, and they'll let you know if your doc is running late. 4. There's a crazy Seattle craigslist ad up, advertising a dog walking service.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
- A Wisconsin radio station banned all Seattle music until after Sunday's Seahawks vs Packers game
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Heart, Jimi Hendrix, starting today you won't hear a lick of Seattle music on 94.5 The Lake in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In support of the the Packers, the radio station has banned all Seattle music until Sunday, when they say the Packers will crush the Seahawks in the NFC championship game.