Friday, February 12, 2016
- Ring My Belle: February 12th, 2016
Female Jeopardy Contestants Harassed, AirBnB Lovestory, Adult Diapers
Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Love on the Line: 3 Seattle restaurant couples tell stories of food and romance
In honor of Valentine's Day, we hear from three couples who work in the food industry. Private chef and author Becky selengut and her wife, April Pogie, GM at Loulay Kitchen & Bar; Rachel Marshall and Adam Peters, owners of Rachel's ginger Beer, Montana and Nacho Boracho; and Chef Sabrina Tinsley and Pietro Borghesi, owners of Osteria La Spiga.
- Ring My Belle: February 11th, 2016
Einstein and Space and Time, The Perfect Woman, Donkey Basketball
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- Ring My Belle: February 10th, 2016
Seattle Times, Portland Food Carts, Cat Collars
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- Ring My Belle: February 9th, 2016
Casey Anthony, Ciara sues ex-husband, Authentic Japanese Food, Beyonce boosts Red Lobster Sales
Monday, February 8, 2016
- Ring My Belle: February 8th, 2016
Steinem and Albright Scold Young Women For Not Supporting Hillary, Pack Up And Go Vacation Startup, Flight Attendants and Pants vs. Skirts, Italian Husband Sues Wife
- Only 6% of top chefs are women, and some blame the lack of paid maternity leave
The United States and Papua New Guinea are the only two industrialized nations that don't provide paid parental leave. And an article on Eater connects the dots between this and the huge lack of top tier female chefs.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
- Ring My Belle Weekends: Would You Move To Bremerton?
A look at affordable housing in Bremerton, and more on the death of former Woodland Park Zoo elephant Chai.
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Ring My Belle: February 5th, 2016
Filmmaker Kevin Smith's Daughter Was Kidnapped, Kale Is Big Business, Woman Shows Up To Her Own Funeral, Smoking In Movies Means An "R" Rating
Thursday, February 4, 2016
- Work in Seattle, live in Bremerton? The mayor says cheap rent is just a ferry ride away
The city of Bremerton has launched a campaign to encourage downtown Seattle workers to live in Bremerton, where rent and mortgages are half the price. A Bremerton-based 30-something writer argues that Bremerton is a great place for growth.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
- New book details what let up to a brutal Seattle murder, and how it could have been prevented
In 2009, Seattle's Jennifer Hopper and Teresa Butz were asleep when Isaiah Kalebu came in through their window, raped them, and killed Teresa. A new book by Pulitzer Prize winner Eli Sanders tells the whole story, and shows us how our broken mental health and criminal justice systems failed Kalebu and contributed to this horrific crime.
Monday, February 1, 2016
- A Seattle elephant advocate says Chai died after 'a horrible, traumatic life at the hands of Woodland Park Zoo'
Chai, a 37 year old female elephant died at the Oklahoma City Zoo over the weekend, less than a year after she was moved from Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. Chai spent her entire life in captivity, separated from her mother, and was artificially inseminated 112 times. Advocacy group, Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants, thinks she could have lived longer in a sanctuary.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
- Ring My Belle Weekends: Can You Take A Class To Be Funnier?
Rachel visits LAF Tech, a school that offers workshops in humor, and looks into an interesting way University of Washington scientists could help us connect with lost loved ones.
Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Can you learn to be funny? A new Bothell humor school thinks so
Bothell's LAF Tech says anyone can learn to be funny with enough practice and determination. They hold workshops, giving atendees access to stand-up comedians, so they can learn the mechanics of joke telling.
Monday, January 25, 2016
- In the near future, the UW wants you to be able to talk to the dead
University of Washington computer scientists are working on making 3-D models of people, using photos and video, that you could have a conversation with. This means, with enough footage of a deceased love one, you could talk to them again.