Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- Tacoma to experiment with gun drop boxes
The City of Tacoma is crafting a new program that would place firearm drop boxes in neighborhoods, away from police presence in hopes of encouraging people, particularly youth, to turn in guns.
- September 1, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Hillary Clinton emails; parent shaming; McCleary Decision update; gun drop box; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Chokepoint with Chris Sullivan.
Monday, August 31, 2015
- Fallen firefighters are honored in Wenatchee service
Hundreds of colleagues and loved ones gathered to honor three firefighters who died fighting wildfires in Eastern Washington this season.
- Controversy over McKinley/Denali is similar to Mount Rainier's own story
Historian Feliks Banel tells the history and controversy over the name of Mount Rainier, similar to that of the recently re-named Mount Denali.
- August 31, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: JBLM chokepoint; Trump and Palin; Jill Schlesinger on stocks; firefighter memorial; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Seattle PD "golf club arrest" update.
Friday, August 28, 2015
- Washington Supreme Court rules that public officials' texts are public records
While the Washington Supreme Court ruled that public officials' personal text messages are public records, it still might not be so simple.
- 12,000 gallons of raw sewage into Lake Washington near Seward Park
The City of Seattle is investigating why 12,000 gallons of untreated sewage spilled out of, and into Lake Washington recently, near Seward Park.
- Rob McKenna discusses the line between churches and the IRS
As TV personality John Oliver sheds light on the loose regulations between the IRS and religious organizations, KIRO political analyst Rob McKenna weighs in on the issue.
- August 28, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning New Highlights: John Dickerson on the upcoming debate; sewage spill at Seward Park; traffic chokepoint; Tom Tangney reviews "Mistress America"; breastfeeding while driving; Seattle teachers' rally; Texas truancy.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Marshawn Lynch fined for not talking after NFC game
Marshawn Lynch fined for not talking after NFC game
- Where do you draw the line between mental illness and gun control?
As with many shootings that claim lives and headlines, the issue of mental illness has become a key issue after the killing of reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward.
- August 27, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Rob McKenna on the Roanoke, VA shootings; Bertha app; new Uber innovation; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Hurricane Katrina anniversary; Traffic Chokepoint.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
- Chokepoint: Boeing shuts down freeway to move massive machinery
State Route 526 in Mukilteo, also known as the Boeing Freeway, will be closed for two hours Wednesday night as Boeing moves a massive piece of machinery.
- August 26, 2015 - Hour: 1
Seattle's Morning News Highlights: Jill Schlesinger with a market update; Drone Update!; cell phone etiquette; SPD shootings; Sports Insider Danny O'Neil; Traffic Chokepoint.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
- Cliff Mass: Wildfire deaths could have been avoided
The three firefighters that died while assessing spreading wildfires in Central Washington shouldn't have been there in the first place, according to climatologist Cliff Mass.