LISTEN TO 97.3 KIRO FM: Join the Jason Rantz Show at 8 p.m. for a town hall on homelessness in Seattle »
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Senate Democrat: Lynn Peterson firing shows Republicans only care about politics
In Olympia today the Senate voted not to confirm Washington State Department of Transportation head Lynn Peterson, Rantz gets Sen. Pramila Jayapal's reaction.
- Behind the Scenes: the Lynn Peterson firing
Sen. Steve O'Ban tells Rantz how the Republican caucus managed to keep the Lynn Peterson firing under wraps until today.
- State Rep. believes community college should be free
Rep. Gael Tarleton proposed legislation that would significantly reduce the cost of community or technical college for many students in the state.
- February 5, 2016 - Hour: 2
Seattleite fends off a garden shear wielding burglar. Pro Rape meetings cancelled. Guest of the show State Rep. Gael Tarleton explains why Community College should be tuition free. FAA says no drones at Super Bowl.
- February 5, 2016 - Hour: 1
Rantz visits with Sen. Pramila Jayapal (D Seattle) about the Democratic side of the Lynn Peterson story. Rantz and Tom Tangney discuss this week's best in Movies and DVD's.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
- A new bill makes it easier for students to report violent threats
State Rep. Kevin Parker tells Rantz why he's wrong to second guess his bill making it easier for students to anonymously report violent threats.
- February 4, 2016 - Hour: 3
Rantz makes a crazy promise to get FB likes and it works TOO well.
- February 4, 2016 - Hour: 2
Bremerton mayor wants you to move there, Rantz is not a big fan of the ad campaign and still doesn't understand why young people would move there.
- February 4, 2016 - Hour: 1
The NFL is making it mandatory for women to be interviewed for executive roles. Rantz wonders if they want to be interview JUST because they're women.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
- Democrats plea for a Toll Lane fix that doesn't address the problem with congestion or expense
Rep. Luis Moscoso defends WA Democrats trying to take credit for a non-binding I-405 Toll Lane fix
- February 3, 2016 - Hour: 1
French High School students are asking for a smoking ban to lifted so that their smoking areas aren't targeted by terrorists.
- February 3, 2016 - Hour: 2
Howard Dean pretends that Hillary didn't get paid by colleges to speak. He's corrected by Morning Joe.
- February 3, 2016 - Hour: 3
Reporter is called a bitch by a city official
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
- Candidate McDermott: Intent for 'military assault weapons' is to murder
King County Council member Joe McDermott aims to attain the position of congressman, and he has his sights set on gun control as one key issue.
- February 2, 2016 - Hour: 3
Josh Kerns on heroin addicts contributing to homelessness