Thursday, July 2, 2015
- What we actually can learn from tax returns
Presidential election years are always exciting because we get to see other peoples' tax returns.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- From the Olympics to bankruptcy
Eleven years after the Athens Olympics, Greece is slipping back into the Third World.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- When your conscience is your guide
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said that clerks don't have to help gay couples get married if they can't do so in good conscience.
Monday, June 29, 2015
- Has anything really changed during this Liberal Spring?
It's being called the Liberal Spring! But even with gay marriage and health care rulings, or Confederate flag debates — has anything really changed?
Friday, June 26, 2015
- Boston Bomber
- The Supreme Court upheld Obamacare
For the second time the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare
Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Dzhokhar Tsaraev apologizes
Dzhokhar Tsaraev gave his apology in court to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. What he said, and what he didn't say, bothered those in the court room.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Southern colors on the run
As South Carolina debates taking down its Confederate flag, other southern officials and businesses are moving to take the symbol away.
- Confederate flag
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
- South Carolina support for taking down the Confederate flag is growing
It's been called the "third rail" of South Carolina politics, but suddenly it's as if someone just cut off the electricity. Now, the Confederate flag may be taken down.
Monday, June 22, 2015
- Let's talk about the Confederate flag
To some, it's a symbol of hate and intolerance. To others, it commemorates fallen ancestors from the Civil War.
- Last week’s massacre in South Carolina has now set up a new conflict: whose sacrifice do we honor?
Last week’s massacre in South Carolina has now set up a new conflict: whose sacrifice do we honor?
Friday, June 19, 2015
- What makes someone shoot up a church?
The only thing we can control in the wake of the Charleston shooting, is our own reaction. I would suggest we look at this as a threat to all of us.