Friday, August 28, 2015
- If we can't control guns, control the people who use them
There was a gaping loophole that allowed gunman Vester Flanagan to gain employment without anyone becoming aware of his temper.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Why Donald Trump won't quote the Bible
Trump has been adding to his speeches that the Bible is his favorite book. So why was this his response when a reporter asked him his favorite parts?
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
- Trump doesn't know and it doesn't matter
Donald Trump recently dodged a question, and a reporter, dealing with how he actually plans to deport 11 million illegal immigrants.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
- Another round of 'fill in the blanks' with Dave Ross
It's a financial edition of Fill in the Blanks. This time, Dave Ross asks you what the proper response to a stock market dive is.
Monday, August 24, 2015
- Could any of us do what they did?
Not many summer vacation stories can match the one that Alek Skarlatos, a soldier just back from Afghanistan, can tell about his trip with a couple of friends on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris last Friday.
Friday, August 21, 2015
- That's enough! No more Miss Nice Lady!
Viral-video sensation Cherry the waitress could speak to how we all would really like someone to say what they're really thinking.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Is the latest data breach morally justifiable?
There's a difference with this latest data breach. Because this involves a website called Ashley Madison, which made money by helping married men cheat on their wives.
- Mistress Matisse opposes Seattle's approach to sex work
Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes and King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg both think it's ridiculous to loosen rules about prostitution or other sex work, and would rather provide assistance to victims in the trade. But a local sex worker is saying their stance doesn't make sense, and she doesn't need their help.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- The FDA liberates the female libido
The FDA has finally approved the little pink pill, the so-called female Viagra, 17 years after the male version.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
- Amazon may be ruthless, but in a different way than you expect
Responses and commentary have exploded in the wake of a New York Times article describing Amazon as a company with ruthless working conditions.
- The Washington Supreme Court's empty threat
The Washington Supreme Court's threat to fine the legislature $100,000 per day turns out to be less of a threat than I originally thought.
Monday, August 17, 2015
- Maybe if we don't say his name, he will go away
The press is now refusing to cover a certain presidential candidate.
- Woman behind Black Lives Matter interruption to Sanders rally speaks out
Marissa Johnson has remained mostly a mystery following her stunt that halted a Bernie Sanders presidential rally in Seattle. Until now.
Friday, August 14, 2015
- The US now has relations with Cuba, but some want payback for past transgressions
The US once again has an official embassy in Cuba. But that doesn't mean all is forgiven. Not even close.
Thursday, August 13, 2015
- Colorado has been haunted by its toxic past
What's going on after a major spill into the Animas River, is that Colorado is being haunted by its past.