Tuesday, October 13, 2015
- We like our presidents tough.
Itís a big reason Donald Trump has done so well. Itís why many Americans seem to hold a grudging respect for Vladimir Putin. These guys project toughness.
Monday, October 12, 2015
- Gun sellers who cut off crazies.
President Obama visited Roseburg, Oregon Friday to meet with families of the shooting victims from Umpqua Community College.
Friday, October 9, 2015
- Government is more concerned with fantasy sports than gun control
Insider information in fantasy sports seems to be a bigger topic than gun control
Thursday, October 8, 2015
- It's time to bury official food guidelines
Federal nutrition experts are considering changing the official dietary guidelines to say that certain kinds of saturated fat ó like the kind in milk ó are not only not going to kill you but could save your life.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
- Should we go beyond background checks to avoid mass shootings?
One way to stop shooting rampages like the one in Oregon is to make a personal decision to be the hero, but more could be done.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- Don't be envious of Russia's doomed mission
Senator John McCain says helping out the fight in Syria would be easy. Others don't quite agree.
Monday, October 5, 2015
- Digging through trash shows us something we knew 50 years ago
Texas A&M researches are looking for a way to get kids to eat their vegetables
- Should the US follow Russia into a Syrian battle?
Senator John McCain says helping out the fight in Syria would be easy. Others don't quite agree. Either way, Russia is moving forward.
Friday, October 2, 2015
- The shock of no longer being shocked
It's true ó what President Obama said after Thursday's shooting at the Community College in Oregon.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- How to stop your job from killing you
Science tells us that sitting too much at work is bad for your health, but then again, so is standing. What is an office worker to do?
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
- Are you prepared to be bio-tracked?
Some employers have started monitoring workers' bio signs to improve productivity and stress levels. Sound stressful?
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
- Preparing ex-cons to live next door to you
One man in Pennsylvania is attempting to change how inmates are treated, in hopes they never return.
Monday, September 28, 2015
- The public transformation was immediate.
Ordinarily, John Boehnerís news conferences as Speaker were all boilerplate. on Sunday, Boehner sat down with John Dickerson on Face the Nation after announcing heís quitting and suddenly Ė heís unplugged from the Matrix.
Friday, September 25, 2015
- It's time for a reality check after the Pope's visit
The Pope may have impressed some officials during his visit to the United States, but the Tea Party isn't among them.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
- Controversy abounds over the first saint from America
The Catholic Church has announced a new saint, the first from America. But the historical figure doesn't have the best reputation.