Friday, October 2, 2015
- Tom review The Martian
"The Martian" is a hugely entertaining sci-fi adventure story about, of all things, problem-solving.
Friday, September 18, 2015
- Film review trifecta: 'Maze Runner: Scorch Trials,' 'Black Mass,' 'Everest'
Three big movies are opening on the same day in a battle to become the fall season blockbuster hit. Who will win? Tom Tangney reviews them all.
Friday, July 10, 2015
- Amy Winehouse documentary is amazing
Her rich and mature voice stands out.
Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon talks 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
A film that cleverly blends the emotion of "The Fault in Our Stars" with the aesthetic "Be Kind, Rewind."
Friday, June 12, 2015
- Jurassic World review
'Jurassic World's' dinosaurs are as convincing as you could hope for.
Friday, May 29, 2015
- Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement chats with Tom
Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement chats with Tom about his recent film work.
Friday, May 1, 2015
- Avengers: Age of Ultron is packed with more than just blockbuster action
Tom Tangney reviews Avengers: Age of Ultron
Friday, November 21, 2014
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" is a mouthful of a title but most viewers, I imagine, will leave the theater feeling underfed, hungering for a lot more story that this second sequel offers.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
- An interview with 'Laggies' director Lynn Shelton
With the crossover potential of her latest film, "Laggies," Seattle director Lynn Shelton may be on the verge of some serious commercial success. It opens this weekend.
Friday, October 10, 2014
- Tom reviews Kill the Messenger
Tom Tangney says "Kill the Messenger" doesn't quite do Gary Webb's story justice.
Friday, September 19, 2014
- Tom Tangney interviews John Sayles and Maggi Renzi
Port Townsend Film Festival honors John Sayles and Maggi Renzi.
Friday, September 12, 2014
- "The Drop"
The setting may be overly familiar, (small time crooks and a blue-collar bar.) The plot a little predictable, (will the guys who knock off the bar get away with it?) But the acting in "The Drop" is so good, that the other stuff almost doesn't matter.
Monday, August 11, 2014
- Tom Tangney reviews 'Magic in the Moonlight’
Woody Allen's new film, "Magic in the Moonlight," is set in the 1920s French Riviera. This passionate comedy follows a shocking series of events that arise when a magician tries to uncover a psychic as a fraud.
Friday, May 30, 2014
- Tom Tangney reviews Angelina Jolie's Maleficent
"Maleficent" is really all about and only about Maleficent. And that's just enough.
Friday, May 9, 2014
- 'Fading Gigolo'
Thanks to its excellent cast and restrained writing, "Fading Gigolo" turns out to be a gentle and wry look at relationships, whether they be love matches, platonic friendships, or strictly sexual affairs.