LISTEN TO 710 ESPN Seattle: Mariners' spring-training opener (live stream in Seattle-Tacoma area) »
Thursday November 15, 2012
- Did the election change anything?
Well, re-election certainly made President Barack Obama more confident.
- Brian Billick says the Seahawks will stay in the Wild Card hunt
Fox Sports NFL analyst Brian Billick joins "Brock and Salk" to discuss Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' playoff chances.
- Ring My Belle: Wine, Cheese & Mammograms
1. A 7 year old begs his dad and gets his wish. The dad says the kid can get a cat if he can get 1,000 likes for the cause on Facebook. 1,000?? Pssshhhht. Wait til you see what this kid got. 2. wine, cheese, facials and...mammograms! doctors offices are trying to lure women in any way they can. 3. Even seen Jesus in a piece of toast? A new study says certain people are predisposed to seeing faces in inanimate objects. 4. Movie theaters are rewarding people who don't text during a movie.
- Tim Brown says M's should take a chance on Hamilton
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports joins "Bob and Groz" to discuss the possibility of the Seattle Mariners acquiring free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton this off-season.
- Twilight series ender 'Breaking Dawn Part 2' a howling good time
What James Bond is to middle-aged guys, the Twilight movies are to teenage girls. And they'll be lined up in droves Thursday as the fifth and final film in the series, "Breaking Dawn Part 2," debuts.
- GeekWire app of the week: SideCar
Need a ride? This week's app of the week offers a new alternative to the bus and taxis.
- Dave is fed up with Microsoft
Dave Ross unleashes his pent-up frustration with slow Windows computers.
- Picturing Justin Wilcox as Cal's next head coach
Brock Huard explains why he thinks Washington defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox could be the next head coach at Cal if Jeff Tedford is fired.
- Clare Farnsworth says Brandon Mebane has been the defensive MVP
Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com joins "Bob & Groz" to talk about the Seahawks play thus far.
- The Tammy Wynette Syndrome - Why do women stand by men who cheat or commit crimes?
It was 1968 when country music star Tammy Wynette told women everywhere they need to overlook their husband's shortcomings and faults if they truly love him. There are three reasons why women stand by their man.
- 49ers no longer seem bulletproof
Mike Sando of ESPN.com joins "Bob and Groz" and discusses the 49ers' injury concerns, their recent struggles against the run and their difficult remaining schedule.
- The people most likely to commit acts of road rage
An odd story about a driver suffering road rage who left his license plate at the scene of a hit and run, as Dave and Luke talking about likely culprits to commit road rage.
- What scares Ross and Burbank?
An NFL player's irrational fear of horses prompts Ross and Burbank to reveal their own phobias
- Looking ahead to the Dolphins and Bills
With Buffalo and Miami squaring off on Thursday night football, John Clayton discusses the Seahawks' matchups against the Dolphins in Week 12 and the Bills in 15.
- Leach says Cougars have handled distraction well
Washington State coach Mike Leach tells "The Kevin Calabro Show" that his team has done a good job of dealing with the unwanted attention surrounding the investigation into a former player's allegations of abuse by the coaching staff.
- 3D Superhero Math! How a Kent Teacher Enchants His Students
A 4th and 5th grade teacher in Kent has transformed his classroom into a mad scientists lair: insects, black lights and 3D glasses. He engages the kids in fun activities and their test scores have doubled.