Thursday January 24, 2013
- Ret. Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin on his dissappointment regarding women allowed in combat
Retired Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin chats with David Boze on his disappointment regarding women allowed in combat.
- Zunino ready for first spring training with Mariners
Mariners catcher Mike Zunino joins "Bob and Groz" to talk about his transition from college to professional baseball.
- Danny Westneat on the buisness side of bringing the NBA back
Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat joins "Brock and Salk" to discuss the new arena deal and bringing back the Sonics.
- Danny O'Neil talks Seahawks biggest needs
Seattle Times sports writer Danny O'Neil joins "Bob and Groz" to discuss the Seahawks most pressing needs.
- Kruger could be a free-agent option for the Seahawks
John Clayton discusses the possibility of the Seahawks pursuing Ravens outside linebacker Paul Kruger (0:12).
- No announement of "whales" in Sacramento yet
Seattle Times sports writer Bob Condotta joins "The Kevin Calabro Show" from Sacramento to update their fight to keep the Kings.
- Ring My Belle: Are you in a "Mixed Weight Relationship?"
1. A waiter in Houston refuses to serve a customer who said nasty things about a little boy with Down's Syndrome at the next table. America proclaims him a hero! 2. Panera Bread opens a shop that only takes donations. It's designed to feed needy people. 3. Mixed weight marriages: are you in a relationship like this? Al "pooped his pants" Roker says he was.
- A glimpse of our political future; Hillary Clinton vs. Marco Rubio in 2016
Hillary Clinton spent the entire day on the Hill Wednesday, defending her State Department's response to the crisis in Benghazi, a crisis that took the life of our Ambassador and three other Americans. One of the other voices was Republican Senator Marco Rubio. Could those two be the ones to watch for the 2016 race?
- The testimony you didn't hear
Hillary Clinton's response to the Benghazi attacks.
- Will women register for the draft?
CBS military analyst Jeff McCausland talks about the announcement from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta regarding women joining combat posts in the military.
- They've trained for it - now women will head into combat
Author and professor Laura Browder joins Seattle's Morning News to talk about the obstacles women have been overcoming for the past 20 years, and what Defense Secretary Leon Panetta really means for women in the military.
- Congressman Dave Reichert on guns, mental illness and having his throat slit!
Congressman Dave Reichert chats with David about gun control and mental illness...and early in his career having his throat slit on a call.
- Q & A with Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn joined KIRO Radio’s Ross and Burbank Show to discuss many issues concerning the city this Thursday morning. They covered the Sacramento Kings deal, the tunnel boring machine delays, drugs in Belltown, and guns.
- Don't expect a sophomore slump from Wilson
Brock Huard explains why he doubts Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump.
- Service members weigh in on women in combat
Opinions are varied about the Pentagon move to allow women in combat
- Get ready for more taxes or less services
CBS Moneywatch Editor Jill Schlesinger says you should get ready for two possibilities as the Congress resumes budget talks.
- Seattle Times sports reporter Bob Condotta breaks down the fight for the Kings
Seattle Times sports reporter Bob Condotta breaks down the fight for the Kings as minority limited partners are suing for their chance to keep the Kings in Sacramento with a first right of refusal.
- Dang it, Dori! Should this woman call the cops on her neighbor?
A listener wrote to Dori asking if she could call the cops on her awful neighbor!
- British newscaster Laura Safe takes a hilarious tumble
British newscaster Laura Safe takes a hilarious tumble as she's so focused on texting her boyfriend that she can't see a canal right in front of her.
- A hockey brawl in Grand Rapids gets out of hand
A minor league hockey game gets completely out of hand as everyone on both teams joins a brawl. Dori has never heard an announcer get that excited about a fight.
- Bucky Brooks on backup QB options for the Seahawks
Bucky Brooks of the NFL Network joins "Bob and Groz" to share his thoughts on some of the quarterback prospects in this year's draft.
- Air Force Colonel weighs in on women in combat
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta made a surprise announcement late on Wednesday that women would be free to serve in most or all combat roles by 2016. Kimberly Olson is a retired Air Force Colonel, among the first generation of women pilots in the armed forces, and CEO and president of Grace After Fire, a nonprofit that helps women vets. She joined Ron and Don producer Libby Denkmann to share her reaction to the news. (www.GraceAfterFire.org).