Friday March 15, 2013
- Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees dishes on 'Everybody Talks,' touring with Maroon 5 and more
Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees visits Seattle Sounds
- A high school teacher warns college professors about the Class of 2013
A high school teacher writes an open letter to professors everywhere apologizing for the class of 2013. They've been highly tested due to the No Child Left Behind Law, and while they're bright students, they're not necessarily critical thinkers.
- Vatican insider on Pope Francis' first days
Newly elected Pope Francis is powerful - in terms of what he can and can't do. However, he doesn't have very much power when it comes to how people receive him.
- Avril, Bennett, and the Seahawks' defensive line schemes
Brock Huard explains what defensive line scheme changes the Seahawks will consider with the additions of ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.
- Former Seahawks linebacker Dave Wyman on the latest NFL rule changes
Dave Wyman says it's going to be hard to stay up when you can't lower your head to run through blockers - like the new NFL rules say... all to prevent concussions.
- Hooked on junk food? Tips to fight sugary, salty food lures
"Bet you can't eat just one!" Sometimes it's hard to stop once you dip your hand into a bag of crunchy, salty, delicious potato chips. But could they actually be addictive? In research for his new book, "Salt, Sugar, Fat: How Food Giants Hooked Us," New York Times investigative reporter Michael Moss tells KIRO Radio's Luke Burbank Show that he found some experts that say these super salty and sweet foods could be.
- Extended interview: Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate
Jayson Rantz visits with Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate
- Seattle's Kinski tries to get heard above the din of South By Southwest
KIRO Radio's Josh Kerns profiles Kinski front man Chris Martin and the band's voyage to SXSW
- Update: Bill Pierre Ford says they're 'making changes'
They won't admit wrongdoing, but the General Manager now says he'll be 'making changes' after an elderly couple said they got ripped off on a used car.
- Sidney Rice: Seahawks want to 'own the NFC West'
Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice said on "Bob and Groz" that the additions of Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have the team aiming for a division title in 2013.
- Washington State is adding college funding for illegal immigrants
State officials say they don't have enough money to operate, but they are now adding commitments to give illegal immigrants college financial aid.
- Seahawks mascot tackles MS with Team Blitz fundraiser
Ryan Asdourian, better known as the man behind Blitz, the Seattle Seahawks mascot, is tackling a big fundraising challenge after being diagnosed with MS five years ago.
- Clayton on the Broncos-Elvis Dumervil contract blunder
John Clayton details the gaffe that resulted in the Denver Broncos having to cut defensive end Elvis Dumervil, as well why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers let defensive end Michael Bennett jump to the Seahawks, and the likelihood of the NFL instituting a rule banning offensive players from lowering their helmets.
- TASTE BUDS!
Rachel Belle and Andrew discuss the best burgers in Seattle and more!