Thursday March 28, 2013
- Friend wonders what he could have done to prevent domestic violence murder
When Tacoma mom Sara Barrett was killed by her estranged husband Tony on March 14th, Chris Freymann was shocked and saddened. But then the guilt started, and Freymann questioned what he could have done to save his friend's life. Libby Denkmann reports.
- Law Professor at SCOTUS Hearings Analyzes Gay Marriage Cases
Renowned law professor Larry Levine analyzes the two landmark gay rights case -- of which he witnessed at the Supreme Court!
- How 'free' is Washington State?
Jason Rantz talks with a professor who published a study ranking states based on how 'free' they are... and Washington isn't that high on the list.
- UW geologist explains Whidbey Island landslide
University of Washington Geologist Terry Swanson joins Seattle's Morning News to discuss the Coupeville landslide.
- Dave reacts to one family's Newtown story
I had to hold back tears watching Scott Pelley’s interview with the Hubbard Family last night.
- Viral hospitality: How Chili's fixed a 'broken' cheeseburger
You might have seen a picture of a little girl kissing a cheeseburger on your Facebook news feed. It's been "liked" or shared nearly a million times in the last couple of days. The story behind it is about a "broken" cheeseburger and how compassion saved the day.
- WE Day - Jennifer Hudson
Oscar and Grammy winner Jennifer Hudson discusses WE Day's inaugural U.S. event at KeyArena
- WE Day - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis talk about their participation and the importance of WE Day
- The latest with Alan Branch and the Seahawks
Danny O'Neil and Brock Huard react to free-agent defensive tackle Alan Branch firing his agent.
- WE Day - Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman
Seahawks' stars Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman talk about their participation in WE Day
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn on pot, cost of food
Mayor Mike McGinn explains how I-502 would affect zoning and marijuana shops.
- WE Day - John Moffitt and Russell Okung
John Moffitt and Russell Okung describe the thrill of speaking in front of 15,000 passionate young people at WE Day
- WE Day - Pete Carroll
Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll discusses the importance of WE Day and where he hopes it goes from here
- WE Day - Nelly Furtado
Pop star Nelly Furtado talks about the importance of WE Day and her role in the celebration
- Are landslides covered by insurance?
In the wake of a catastrophic landslide on Whidbey Island, Luke finds out if he has landslide insurance.
- Best-case scenario: Sequestration brings even more jets to Seafair
Federal budget cuts may mean no Blue Angels at Seafair, but the Patriots Jet Team may be brought in as backup. Luke and Andrew talk about the possibilities.
- Saving yourself in the event of a natural disaster
What homeowners can do about a landslide wiping out their house.
- A genius invention, if drunk driving offenders would only have it installed
Luke believes that if a judge has ordered it, the police should impound your vehicle and hold it for a fee until you're able to get it out and install the device.
- Inslee goes back on his campaign promise not to raise taxes
Dori is calling Jay Inslee a liar after he promised not to raise taxes and is now extending business and beer taxes that are about to expire.
- PC Police: School rewrites Homer's Oddyssey because it's "innappropriate"
Dori is getting on the case of a school in Seattle that's rewriting Homer's Oddyssey because they say it's too violent and racist for schools.
- Jeff Bridges talks about making music and movies
Academy Award-winner Jeff Bridges is again trading the silver screen for the stage with a renewed focus on making music
- Dori tells the story of his old Uncle Johnny
After a columnist railed against how useless military funerals are, Dori remembers his first funeral - the military funeral of his old Uncle Johnny, a veteran and hopeless alcoholic.
- The man who was bit in the mouth by a rattlesnake
Dori remembers his classic interview when he spoke with a man who was bit by his pet rattlesnake when he put it in his mouth - all to impress a lady.
- The ALiCE Program: Former SWAT leader on how to respond to a school shooter
Former SWAT commander and patrol officer Greg Crane created the ALiCE program to train schools and organizations to respond to an active shooter situations.
- Ring My Belle: The First Edible Hotel Room Is Unveiled (Chocolate Windowsills!)
1. A Tacoma bar and pizza restaurant is the first in the country to legally allow people to use marijuana inside. 2. Walmart has brainstormed a terrible idea to get people their packages quicker and cheaper: give them to another customer driving through their neighborhood and let them drop it off. 3. Some tech companies are offering unlimited vacation as long as employees get their work done. 4. An edible hotel room has been unveiled in London. It features a rug made from over 1,000 meringues and marshmallows and chocolate fudge windowsills.
- A hypothetical Flynn-to-Raiders trade
John Clayton discusses what he thinks the Raiders would have to offer the Seahawks for Seattle to give up backup quarterback Matt Flynn (0:39).
- In wake of Mark Mullan charges, Satterberg says state still not tough enough on DUI
King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg joined Ron and Don Thursday to discuss the charges against DUI suspect Mark Mullan, and why our state needs to get tougher on drunk driving offenders.