Thursday May 16, 2013
- Many small SUVs perform poorly in crash test
Jeff Gilbert with WWJ in Detroit joins Seattle's Morning News to talk about the latest car crash test results.
- More laughs courtesy of Richard Sherman
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil discuss Richard Sherman's latest move.
- The latest outburst of anarchy.
Itís called the Liberty Activist movement, and itís on the march in Keene New Hampshire, population 24,000, a city with a picturesque red brick business district nestled in the rolling hills of Cheshire County.
- David Stern wanted Seattle wrapped around his finger
Seattle was broken hearted, and the words of NBA commissioner David Stern only made it worse. As he stepped to the microphone to announce the Board of Governorís decision he said. ďThis is going to be short for me. I have a game to get to Oklahoma City.Ē
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
Tom Tangney reviews the new Star Trek movie release, "Star Trek: Into Darkness."
- Will Byron Scherf live to see the death penalty abolished?
The state of Washington will spend millions of dollars one way or the other: sentencing Byron Scherf to death, or keeping him in prison for life. But, one attorney is arguing that we could spend those millions improving our prison system, if a judged hadn't ruled Scherf should suffer capital punishment.
- ESPN's Brock Huard talks Sonics with Dave
Former Seahawk, ESPN's Brock Huard joins Dave to chat about the Sonics and David Beckham's retirement
- Senator Pam Roach on recalling Officials
Pam Roach on the recalling public officials and whether drunk driving should be included the reasons
- Seahawks or 49ers? Positional comparisons with Mike Sando
Mike Sando of ESPN.com joins "Brock and Danny" for a position-by-position comparison of NFC West rivals Seattle and San Francisco.
- Richland florist who refused same-sex wedding sues state
Attorney Dale Schowengerdt explains why a Richland florist sued by the state for refusing to handle a gay wedding is suing back.
- Tangney: David Stern = Dr. Evil
Tom, curiously, says he likes David Stern MORE now.
- Great Anchorman-style prank on Australia Today
Dori loves morning TV - especially the ongoing prank war on Australia Today.
- Chris Daniels on David Stern and the future of Seattle NBA
KING 5 sports reporter Chris Daniels talks with us from Dallas about David Stern, the Kings vote, and the future of NBA in Seattle.
- Former GM assesses the M's and their farm system
Jim Bowden, a former MLB general manager who's now an analyst for ESPN, tells "Bob and Groz" what he thinks about some of the Mariners on the big-league roster and in the farm system and how he thinks the team can improve its offense.
- Extended interview: Marco Collins and producers of "The Glamour and the Squalor"
Extended interview: Hall of Fame DJ Marco Collins and the producers of the new documentary "The Glamour and the Squalor"
- Will the Real Queensryche Please Stand Up? Two Bands. One Name. Mass Confusion.
When Seattle band Queensryche split up last year, separating the lead singer from the band, both parties wanted to use the name they came up with 30 years ago. They took the case to court, and the judge decided to come back to the case over a year later. Meanwhile, both bands are touring and making albums under the same name: Queensryche. Rachel spoke with lead singer Geoff Tate.
- Ring My Belle: The Gaza Strip is Getting KFC Via Secret Underground Tunnels!
1. Remember Kai, the free spirited, hatchet wielding hitchhiker who was deemed a hero in Fresno earlier this year? Now he's wanted for murder. 2. Another update: Remember the two teenagers who went on a hike for their first date, got lost, and were dramatically rescued days later? The tale thickens! And it involves meth! 3. Underground tunnels between the Gaza Strip and Egypt are being used to transport cold, soggy contraband KFC! 3. The new Cracker Jacks ain't what they're cracked up to be.
- 710 ESPN's The Groz is in a dark place after NBA vote
Dave Grosby of 710 ESPN's "Bob and Groz" stops by the Ron and Don Show to talk Sonics, Seahawks, and a retro Ron and Don theme song you won't be able to forget.
- Jayson Stark on the Mariners' overall development
ESPN.com's Jayson Stark joins 'Brock and Danny' with his opinion on the progress of the Mariners' younger talents (5:32).
- Sam Amick reacts to NBA Board of Governors vote
NBA Insider Sam Amick joins 'Bob and Groz' with his reaction to the NBA's 22-8 vote against relocation of the Sacramento Kings.
- Det. Ed Troyer on the new search for Susan Powell outside Salem, OR
Detective Ed Troyer from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department updates Ron and Don on the new search for Susan Cox Powell outside of Salem, Oregon this week.
- the mixtape chats with Kinski
Kinski drops by to chat about their new record Cosy Moments plus we play a rousing game of Name That Band: Instrumental Edition