Friday May 17, 2013
- How does Pete Carroll's personality affect the Seahawks?
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil discuss how Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll's attitude shapes the team.
- Carter Capps on the Mariners' hot streak
Mariners reliever Carter Capps joins "Bob and Groz" to discuss the Mariners' recent success, including a series victory over the Yankees.
- The Placebo App
Suppose you could put a Placebo app on a smart phone. And so that’s what he’s developing. The app is called Placebo Effect, and you’d begin by telling it that, for example, you have a migraine.
- Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Plant tropical flowers
This week Ciscoe has some tips for planting tropical flowers, including tomatoes.
- Economist, Gary "The Wolf" Wolfram
The Wolf gives us the truth behind a "shrinking" deficit
- Drivers brace for new 'Mercer Mess' near Seattle Center
Erik Twight, the Project Manager for the Mercer Street Project joins Ross and Burbank to discuss the delays we can expect this weekend.
- Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof, Cast of Much Ado About Nothing
Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof join us in the studio.
- What would Jesus bake?
"In a free society, people should have the ability to do things that are mean or even bad for their business. The market is big enough to handle this," says Joseph Backholm, who runs the Family Policy Institute just across the border in Washington state.
- On the Water: Best Northwest places to visit
This week on KIRO Radio's On the Water, Captain Bob is joined by Ron & Don's Tony Miner to talk about some of their favorite Northwest boating spots. Take a look at the list of must-visit locations these guys came up with.
- Ryan Divish says back of Mariners rotation will be key
Tacoma News Tribune beat writer Ryan Divish joins "Brock and Danny" to discuss why the back three spots in the Mariners' rotation will be the most important factor for the team to continue improving.
- It's time to abolish the IRS
Dori has long thought the tax code had too many problems to be effective, but now he's not alone in saying it's time to abolish the IRS.
- You'll never guess what Ken Schram has in common with Justin Bieber
It might not seem like veteran Seattle talk host Ken Schram and pop star Justin Bieber would have a lot in common, but it turns out they have similar taste in pets. Both Schram and Bieber were owners of capuchin monkeys.
- Lakewood PD Chief Bret Farrar reflects on Skeeter Manos verdict
Lakewood Police were rocked by the murders of four officers and shocked again when they found Officer Skeeter Manos stole from their memorial fund. Now he faces big jail time.
- Dave Reichert: IRS officials no longer feel accountable to American people
Dave Reichert was unsatisfied with the IRS's internal investigation and doesn't think the "inappropriate" targeting of conservative groups was isolated to Cincinnati. He tells us America deserves to know more.
- You Be the Jury: Theater critic breaks text-a-holic woman's cell phone
He complained to management and asked her to stop, but a woman at a theater show in New York just wouldn't get off her cell phone. So this theater critic threw it on the floor and broke it.
- Name that protester: 'Pregnant' Occupier was back at it on May Day
A protester who accused SPD of causing her miscarriage was spotted in May Day surveillance photos.
- Get in the Cage with Washington native Demetrious Johnson
UFC fighter Demetrious Johnson, a native of Parkland, Wash., talks about his recovery from shoulder surgery and headlining UFC on FOX 8 at KeyArena in July.
- John Clayton on Bruce Irvin's suspension
John Clayton joins "Bob and Groz" to discuss what effect Bruce Irvin's four-game suspension will have on the Seahawks.