Tuesday July 9, 2013
- Catching up with Matt Hasselbeck
Colts quarterback Matt Hasselbeck joins "Brock and Danny" and discusses his early impressions of teammate Andrew Luck.
- How Victor Cruz's contract compares to Percy Harvin's
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil read in between the lines and debate whether the New York Giants are paying wide receiver Victor Cruz enough in his contract extension.
- Percy Harvin and the Seahawks' offensive philosophy
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil host a roundtable discussion with John Clayton and ESPN.com's Mike Sando. They talk about several Seahawks storylines leading into training camp.
- Smoak on the key to his improvement at the plate
Mariners first baseman Justin Smoak joins "Bob and Groz" to talk about the key to his recent improvement at the plate.
- Dave Sims on the Mariners' recent success
Mariners ROOT Sports play-by-play commentator Dave Sims joins "Wyman, Mike and Moore" to give his take on the team's recent success.
The oil that blew up in Canada – was American oil.
- Medved Crossover on Immigration Reform
Michael Medved stops by The David Boze Show to discuss how lawmakers can come to an agreement on Immigration reform
- Car prowlers taught lesson with call to mom
Eliza Webb walked up to her car last month in West Seattle only to discover that somebody had found the door unlocked and ransacked it. But she came up with an unconventional way to teach the thief a lesson.
- Tons of chickens being abandoned at animal shelters
Aging chickens may be clucking out to you on your next trip to an animal shelter. The birds are reportedly being dropped off in record numbers as urban farmers are faced with the reality of caring for an animal that may live years past when it stops producing eggs.
- Was Seattle Children's Hospital wrong looking to 'wipe out' autism?
Seattle Children's Hospital has agreed to pull down bus ads featuring a young boy with the message: "Let's wipe out cancer, diabetes and autism in his lifetime," after receiving complaints on their Facebook page.
- Ted Nugent: Freedom, the American Dream aren't free
Ted Nugent talks politics, music, and the American dream with Dori and tells us what changes he might make as President.
- Kaepernick's disconnect with 49ers fans
Michael “El Hombre” Bradley joins “Bob and Groz” to discuss 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's inability to connect with San Francisco fans.
- Union Rep: Corrections Officers weren't at fault for Jaymie Biendl's death
Tracey Thompson, of Teamsters Union Local 117, tells us why corrections officers who were not at their post the night their colleague died should not be fired.
- Blowers on Smoak's recent surge
Bob and Groz talk with Mariners broadcaster Mike Blowers about first baseman Justin Smoak's recent surge at the plate.
- Ingredient of the Week: Summer Salads
Tom Douglas and Thierry Rautureau suggest making salads to take advantage of our fresh, local foods this summer.
- This woman is way too excited about filming the SFO plane crash
The woman whose husband caught the SFO Asiana Airways flight crash-land sounded oddly excited...
- Thank you from Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight
Dori is so impressed with the resiliency of three young women held captive for half their lives.
- Case dismissed in accidental shooting death of child in Tacoma
A judge rules the owner of the gun is not criminally responsible for the death of a three year old boy who shot himself to death in 2012 with the gun.
- Ron and Don offering $1500 reward for return of flag stolen from West Seattle family
Sharon Kennedy's husband Duff lost his son Roger to Agent Orange poisoning in Vietnam in 1972. Duff flies the flag that was wrapped around his son's coffin every Fourth of July, but this year a thief took the precious family heirloom.
- A veteran pilot downplays crew inexperience in Asiana 777 crash
Veteran airline pilot and aviation expert Patrick Smith offers expert insight into Asiana 777 crash
- How To Overcome A Fear of Flying: Think About Sex
On the heels of the deadly SFO plane crash, some people may be afraid to fly. A therapist, who has been helping people conquer that fear for over thirty years, talks about how to psychologically overcome the phobia.
- El Hombre discusses Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez
What should the Mariners do with Raul Ibanez and the trade deadline fast approaching? Plus, his thoughts on Ryan Howard this season.
- Will preseason hype hurt Seahawks?
John Clayton discusses whether the all the hype surrounding the Seahawks' upcoming season will hurt the team.
- Ring My Belle: Hear & See Amanda Berry For the First Time Since She Was Freed!
1. Yesterday I told you about a video rapper, actor and activist Mos Def made, showing what it's like to have a feeding tube inserted up his nose. Today, a video with an 11 year old girl showing how painless it is. 2. A heartwarming little story about a blind couple in the UK who met and fell in love because their guide DOGS met and fell in love. 3. We hear from Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus for the first time since they were freed from the Ohio house they were trapped in for a decade. 4. In NYC, a new bar is made completely out of ice. You are given a parka and gloves to enter.
- Are the Mariners turning a corner?
FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi joins "Wyman, Mike and Moore" to give his take on the Mariners' recent success and whether he thinks the M's are beginning to turn a corner.
- Nevada man charged in potential plot to attack Seattle colleges
A Las Vegas man arrested with an arsenal of weapons near the University of Washington in Seattle last week has been charged with multiple felonies. Brandi Kruse reports.