Wednesday July 10, 2013
- Rick Rizzs on Iwakuma's struggles
Mariners broadcaster Rick Rizzs joins "Wyman, Mike and Moore" to discuss pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma's recent struggles on the mound.
- From confusion to heroism
The latest revelation about Flight 214: The clear implication is that the computers which were designed to prevent human error may have enabled it.
- Egypt says ousted president Morsi in safe place
CBS' Edward Yeranian joins the Morning News from Cairo with the latest on what is happening in Egypt.
- Rapper Mos Def dramatically demonstates what it's like for Gitmo Detainees
Dave on Rapper Mos Def recording himself being force-fed to demonstrate what prisoners are going through in the Gitmo Hunger Strike
- Want a raise with that? The effort to increase the minimum wage in Seattle
Weeks after a fast food strike in Seattle, minimum-wage workers will meet with city council members to explain how increasing their pay would help everybody else, and the region's economy.
- Ask the Vet: Is my dog colorblind?
This week, listener Gina in North Bend submitted an Ask the Vet question: Is my dog colorblind or is that a myth? Either way, how do researchers know what an animal sees? Dr. Megan Seekins responds with her insight on how cats and dogs see.
- “Princeton Mom” has a book deal
The 'Princeton Mom' who urged female undergrads to marry up now has a book deal. Luke and Tom agree with part of her sentiment but think her math is all wrong.
- Time for Seattle M’s fans to demand more?
There was another home run derby last night at Safeco field. This time the Red Sox came out on top. Coming up on the All Star break, Tom says there’s reason to be optimistic, but Luke says that’s loser talk. Words are shouted. Feelings get hurt.
- How will Bruce Irvin play outside LB?
What team with a high-priced quarterback is in a worse spot – the Cowboys with Tony Romo or the Lions with Matthew Stafford? With the Seahawks moving Bruce Irvin to outside linebacker, what style will he play? Does the Seahawks’ Russell Wilson have the most pressure on him out of all NFL quarterbacks this season?
- Hector Picard has no hands and is riding a bike from Miami to Spokane
Hector Picard is raising money for a boy born in Spokane with no arms - and he's doing it by showing the boy that anything is possible.
- Dog attacks prompting debate on Pit Bulls
Are pit bulls scary and vicious or totally sweet? They're a stigmatized breed and many either love them or hate them.
- Animal behavor expert Steve Duno on Seattle dog attacks
Seattle author and pet behaviorist Steve Duno discusses the Seattle dog attacks and says not all Pit Bulls are evil, but that breeds get a reputation for a reason.
- Dr. Gene Mueller: Violent pack mentality is the biggest danger
Dr. Gene Mueller, of King County Regional Animal Services, says he's less concerned with Pit Bulls as a breed than big dogs with careless owners.
- This is what happens when Dori takes too much Ambien
After a school principal blamed Ambien sleeping pills and alcohol for vandalizing a hotel room, Dori tells u s about the time he was drugged on the air.
- Jamie Dukes on making enemies with Seahawks fans
Jamie Dukes of the NFL Network explains his controversial views on Golden Tate and the “Fail Mary” that have riled up the Seahawks fanbase. He also touches on the Seahawks’ arrival as a major player in the NFL, and how Russell Wilson and other young quarterbacks rank in the league.
- Talking the MLB All-Star break with Greg Amsinger
Greg Amsinger of MLB Network preps “Bob and Groz” for next week’s All-Star festivities, explains why he believes Dodgers rookie sensation Yasiel Puig deserves to be in the game, and talks about the Mariners’ trade deadline prospects.
- Researchers in Seattle confirm link between omega-3 fatty acids and prostate cancer
Follow up research at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center confirms a link between omega-3 fatty acids and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
- What does Irvin’s move to LB mean for Hawks?
"The Professor" explains what Bruce Irvin's move from the defensive line to linebacker will mean early in the season for the Seahawks. He also answers questions about possible LB signing for the Seahawks and Lions QB Matthew Stafford’s big extension.
- Defying Stereotypes: Nissim and his Rappin' Rabbi Sidekick
Nissim is a Seattle hip hop artist who used to go by the name D Black until he converted to orthodox Judaism. After giving up music for religion, he has returned with a new album that features his greatest fan, Seattle's Rabbi Benzaquen.
- Ring My Belle: A Grown Man Was Denied Entrance to a LEGO Park...Because He Is A Grown Man
1. A 63 year old Canadian man, and self described LEGO maniac, was denied entrance to a LEGO theme park because he wasn't with a child. 2. The Princeton mom who wrote an editorial about how women there should find a husband before they graduate now has a book deal! 3. A one year old Portland girl, playing with her dad's phone, ended up buying him a car on ebay. Whoops. 4. The latest baby trend: baby wigs! "For the girl who has everything -- except hair."