Wednesday August 21, 2013
- Would the Professor take Russell Wilson over RG3?
While several around the NFL say they would take Russell Wilson over RG3 in a re-do of the 2012 draft, John Clayton says not so fast.
- Who do you root for?
Here we are again, watching a fight in the middle east, and having no idea who to root for.
- Paternity test requested for James DiMaggio
Now there is a question being raised on if DiMaggio is the father of Anderson and her 8-year-old brother Ethan. It could explain the unusual connection between DiMaggio and Anderson.
- Chris Hansen influences public vote on Sacramento Arena
NBA savior Chris Hansen is compared to Oklahoma City owner Clay Bennett after influencing a public vote on Sacramento's new arena.
- Obamacare Strikes Again. UPS cancels spouse benefits
UPS has canceled health coverage for spouses of employees citing Obamacare as the reason and in Colorado, prices for bare bones coverage will almost triple under the Act. Boze argues that if a conservative policy had done either of those things, liberals would be in the streets.
- Sammamish's Eastlake Little Leaguers guaranteed at least 3rd place
After a huge win against Tennessee State Champs, Sammamish's Eastlake Little Leaguers are guaranteed to take at least 3rd place.
- Fire started near Leavenworth
Forest Service spokesperson Robin DeMario says the fires near Leavenworth are burning around 800 acres.
- Seahawks prepare for game against Green Bay Packers
The Seahawks prepare for upcoming game against the Green Bay Packers and former player John Moffitt is now traded to Denver.
- Boys in the Boat
Dave Ross talks about book 'Boys in the Boat' written by Daniel James Brown regarding the story of the American rowing team that stunned the world at the Olympic games in Berlin, 1936.
- Ring My Belle: Should White House Interns Be Paid?
1. A King County Sheriff's Sergeant with more than 120 complaints against him is demoted. 2. There's now a push to get the White House to pay their interns. 3. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is being criticized for her ultra feminine Vogue photo spread.
- It's time to stop the passive-aggressive Seattle walk
Seattle if you ever want to be a world-class city, your people need to learn to cross the street. Ron and Don have had it with what they dub the "passive-aggressive Seattle walk."
- Seattle City Attorney denies SPD’s plan to crack down on “repeat offenders”
Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes rejected an SPD attempt to crackdown on 28 “repeat offenders” who have failed to respond to civil infractions for drinking in public or sitting or lying on sidewalks. He joins us to explain why.
- Entrepreneur Nick Hanauer defends $15/hr minimum wage
Nick Hanauer is one of Seattle's most prominent businessmen, so it was a surprise when he came out in favor of a $15/hour minimum wage.
- Observations from Huskies practice
Brock Huard discusses what has stood out to him while watching Huskies practice.
- Why is race ignored in Chris Lane murder?
Media made the Trayvon Martin case all about race, so why is it being completely shut out after three black teens murdered an Australian baseball player?
- "Confessions of a Latter-Day Virgin:" A Seattle Woman's Memoir on Sex, Religion and Life
Seattle's Nicole Hardy found herself a virgin at 35, not able to fit in with Mormon guys who wanted children and other men who weren't interested in a sexless relationship. Her secret story went public when she wrote about it for "The New York Times" Modern Love column and her new memoir on the topic was just released.
- The best speech by a college student, ever
This Georgia Tech student has a bright future in front of him.
- Ring My Belle: Two Seattle Guys Create An App So You Can Swap Leftovers With a Stranger
1. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg wants to bring cheap Internet to the 4-5 billion people who don't have it. 2. An amazing lost and found story about a WWII US POW who traded a gold ring for chocolate bars in 1943. The ring has had many owners over the years, and was recently, and miraculously, returned to the POWs family. 3. Two Seattle guys have created an app called Leftover Swap so that people can trade leftovers with strangers in their area.