Friday September 6, 2013
- Carroll discusses Seahawks' health heading into opener
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll joins "The Morning News" on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM and discusses the health of his team entering its Week 1 matchup with the Panthers.
- Boze talks to his Idol: Adam Carolla!
Adam Carolla and Dave discuss cops, Syriat, and state government of California
- Who will start if Browner can't go against Carolina?
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil discuss what the Seahawks will do at cornerback if Brandon Browner can't play in Sunday's opener against Carolina.
- Hasselbeck says Wilson is more complete than Griffin III, Kaepernick
ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck joins the "Bob and Groz" show to discuss the development of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
- Wild weather strikes Western Washington
Nearly 6,000 bolts of lightning stuck across western Washington and we broke the record for rainfall for the day.
- Are our schools too close to highways?
An extensive investigation by our news partner KING 5 and Investigate West reveals air pollution from I-5 can cause lifelong respiratory problems and asthma attacks for kids. Chris Ingals from KING 5 joins the show.
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll
Pete Carroll joined The Morning News to discuss the beginning of the much anticipated season.
- Washington State Fair still the best around
It's one of the things that sold me on Western Washington when I moved her 25 years ago. The fair formerly known as the Puyallup, now renamed the "Washington State Fair," is now open. And with new attractions this year, it's still the best around.
- "Local Brew" with The Freedom Foundation's, Glen Morgan
Local Brew with The Freedom Foundation's Glen Morgan, featuring Olympia's decision to create a Low Barrier Shelter for the homeless, focusing on the needs of sex and drug offenders.
- Extended Interview: Adam Ant
Adam Ant is back and better than ever with his first album in 18 years and an ambitious North American tour
- Moon says Hawks need to dominate the line of scrimmage
Seahawks announcer and Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moons joins the "Brock and Danny" show to break down the Hawks' Week 1 match up against the Carolina Panthers.
- 40-somethings dropping out of workforce, moving in with mom and dad
The drop in the unemployment rate in August to a 4 1/2-year low was hardly cause for celebration. The rate fell because more people stopped looking for work. With people just dropping out of the workforce, KIRO Radio's John Curley wanted to know where they are going. What he found surprised him. CBS MoneyWatch correspondent Alexis Christoforous joins the show to shock John.
- Dori goes one-on-one against the nuns
Dori goes one-on-one against the nuns for NFL prognostication supremacy
- Mike Goldberg, Voice of the UFC
Mike Goldberg, Voice of the UFC – Mike gave us a breakdown of Benson Henderson’s loss.
- How will Seahawks pass rush perform in opener?
John Clayton details the keys to the Seahawks’ season opener at Carolina, and explains how much DE Cliff Avril’s absence will hurt their pass rush.
- Clayton says Browner unlikely to play Sunday
John Clayton says Seahawks starting CB Brandon Browner will likely be held out against the Panthers due to a hamstring injury.
- Extended Interview: Ben Shepherd/Soundgarden
Ben Shepherd from Soundgarden joins Seattle Sounds for an extended conversation about his new solo album