The Washington State Department of Transportation filed a lawsuit against Seattle Tunnel Partners, the group behind the massive tunneling project to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct in Seattle.
Monday is the 53rd anniversary of the biggest windstorm in Pacific Northwest history.
These are the top stories from the week (Oct. 4-10) on MyNorthwest.com.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioShould President Obama buy back America's guns?
Before his fundraising trip to Seattle, President Obama stopped in Roseburg, Oregon, the scene of a mass shooting at a college last week.
MyNorthwestPresident Obama makes a short stop in Seattle for fundraiser
President Obama's short visit to Seattle briefly closed down I-5, and raised more than $500,000 for Sen. Patty Murray.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Seattle plan to take over bike share is pointless in a rainy, hilly city
The City of Seattle is considering taking over the area's bike share program, and spending money to further expand it.
KIRO Radio'The punch' is just latest iconic shot for Seattle AP photographer
Just moments after the Seahawks' Kam Chancellor knocked the ball loose from Detroit's Calvin Johnson, what's become an instantly iconic shot was spreading like wildfire.
Shannon Drayer, 710 ESPN SeattleLack of history with new GM spelled the end for McClendon
Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto explained why Lloyd McClendon was fired as Seattle manager and provides some insight into what direction he's heading to fill the position.
710 ESPN SeattleMarshawn Lynch listed as out for Sunday
For the second straight week, the Seahawks will be without Marshawn Lynch, Seattle's star running back listed as out for Sunday's game at Cincinnati.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioFact Check: 27,000 King County men are not buying sex online
We've been told that 27,000 King County men are actively soliciting sex online at over 100 websites each day. I thought the number was exaggerated.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioCurley: What's next, warnings on cows?
The Seattle City Council is considering a move that might make people feel guilty for driving.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: Government is more concerned with fantasy sports than gun control
I can't help but notice that government officials are ready to protect us from one clear and present danger: insider information in fantasy sports.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioDori: State should do more to legalize fantasy football
You can smoke marijuana in Washington, but you can't play 25 cent poker, or fantasy football online. Why?
MyNorthwestMan dies after being shot multiple times in Sodo
A portion of Sodo is shut down as Seattle homicide detectives investigate a shooting that left one man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Associated PressConcussion that killed teen football player wasn't his first
A Washington school district revealed that a football player who died after a head injury had suffered a concussion before.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioThe white and black divide in Seattle's Rainier Valley
"Warning: Entering Rainier Valley" signs posted in South Seattle. Is there a divide between white and black understanding of the issues behind them?
710 ESPN SeattleChancellor's goal-line save showed Seahawks' emphasis on finishing
The mantra that several Seahawks recited after Kam Chancellor's play is indicative of how much Seattle's defense preaches the importance of finishing.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioIs crime so out-of-control that Seattle police need sci-fi tech?
The Seattle Police Department's latest technology is something straight out of a movie.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioDori has a problem with 'yoga for people of color' class
A yoga class in Rainier Beach is aimed at people of color and asks that white people not attend.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioDespite an A-list cast 'Freeheld' doesn't do true story justice
"Freeheld," a film about the denial of benefits to a same-sex couple, wears its heart on its sleeve but that sleeve is so threadbare the emotions never register.
- Lloyd McClendon won't return as Mariners manager
- Person of Interest: Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton
- Look familiar? Hasselbeck, Colts scored on same play that decided Super Bowl
- Cougars' defense will give WSU a shot against Oregon
- Huskies get defensive, hold on to beat No. 17 USC 17-12
- Video: Kam Chancellor talks game-saving play vs. Lions on 'Seahawks Weekly'
- Seahawks' Cliff Avril aiming for his first Pro Bowl selection
- The Pete Carroll Show: Marshawn Lynch 'really close' but availability for Sunday's game still unknown
- Despite an A-list cast 'Freeheld' doesn't do true story justice
- Government is more concerned with fantasy sports than gun control
- Step toward fantasy football legalization in Washington is not big enough
- Amtrak's Residency for Writers lets 24 American writers ride the American rails
- Fact Check: No, 27,000 King County men are not buying sex online
- Home improvement funds for borrowers who are 'maxed out'
FHA Title 1 loans of up to $25,000 are available to owner occupants and investors who want to repair or improve their property.
- 'Less bullish' market to remain steady through 2017
- 10-week run: Fixed-rate loans remain below 4 percent
- Own vs. rent from a first-time buyer's view
- What to expect from new closing process changes
- Five home inspection fixes before your open house
- Harvard study considers reasons for low for-sale inventories
- Single-family rental homes still investor sweet spot
- Strong emotions as Obama visits grieving Oregon town
- Daily fantasy sports and cheating allegations, a quick Q&A
- 9 workers hurt in partial bridge collapse, authorities say
- Judge invalidates rule against telescope mountain protests
- Judge's ruling upends Florida's political landscape
- First lady to christen Navy submarine named after Illinois
- Records fall as high heat envelopes Southern California
- The Latest: Kim Jong Un says N. Korea set for any US threat
- Portraits of some of the victims in Kunduz hospital bombing
- Afghan president appoints investigators for Kunduz airstrike
- Reports: At least 20 killed in Turkish capital bomb attack
- Palestinian attacker stabs 2 in Jerusalem in latest violence
- Gas container explodes in restaurant in China, killing 17
- The Latest: Palestinian attacker stabs 2 in Jerusalem
- Donald Trump, brash New Yorker, picks up Southern campaign
- Black men gathering for Million Man March 20th anniversary
- Trump, the brash New Yorker, picks up Southern campaign
- John Boehner's here to stay, for now, with nothing to lose
- Federal agency to supervise Metro safety
- Overhaul of Florida's districts hurts would-be House speaker
- Lynch: No reporter will go to jail for doing his or her job
A dummy placed face down in a Detroit woman's front yard as a Halloween prank has prompted repeated visits by police.
- Prison garb mix-up means more coats for the homeless
- Pricey pooch: $10K dog found after being reported stolen
- Missing snake found under dryer tried to slither away
- Police: Teen left court docs about auto theft in stolen car
- 'Lucky' pig gets new home after fall onto Colorado highway
- Cops: Man stabbed at funeral, suspect tries to flee in limo
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head