Emerald City Comicon is touted as the largest gathering of comic book and pop culture fans in the Pacific Northwest.
Next time you're walking in the rain, you might want to look down at the sidewalk. The artists of Rainworks use stencils and a waterproofing solution to write invisible messages on the city's sidewalks that only appear when it rains.
Photos from around the world this week.
Associated PressWoman punched in face trying to help man walking on I-405
The Washington State Patrol says a woman tried to help a man she saw walking on Interstate 405 near Renton, only to get punched for her efforts.
MyNorthwestSeaTac murder suspect arrested after standoff in California
Police in Taft, CA have reportedly arrested a 68-year-old man suspected of killing his nephew in SeaTac Thursday night.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioSpend a week as a lighthouse keeper at the tip of Dungeness Spit
At the tip of Dungeness Spit is a beautiful, classic white lighthouse built in 1857. For the past 21 years, vacationers have stayed in the house, taking on the role of keeper.
Shannon Drayer, 710 ESPN SportsMariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez, 20, dies
Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez has passed away in Venezuela from injuries suffered in a boating accident last month.
KIRO RadioVindicated: Friends of Amanda Knox celebrate acquittal, 'justice delayed'
"It's justice delayed, but it wasn't justice denied."
710 ESPN SeattlePhoto gallery: Russell Wilson suits up for Texas Rangers at spring training
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson spent Saturday playing second base and hitting with the Texas Rangers, who drafted him in the Rule 5 draft in 2013.
Associated PressSeattle mayor: No city-funded travel to Indiana
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says he will not allow work-related city-funded travel to Indiana after the passage of a new law that has the potential to discriminate against LGBT people.
Associated PressWoman, 2 year old killed, man injured in Bremerton shooting
Kitsap County Sheriff's deputies are on the scene of a double homicide in Bremerton.
Associated PressFire official: 4 homes damaged in landslide south of Seattle
A South King Fire and Rescue official says a landslide damaged four homes in Des Moines.
Associated PressUW Medical Center approved for face, hand transplants
The University of Washington Medical Center has received approval to perform face, hand and other life-altering transplants.
Associated PressJudge fines Washington florist over same-sex wedding flowers
A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioFranchisee says Seattle's minimum wage is 'going to be a tragedy'
Heidi Mann and her husband are parents of five. They make a living as owners of two Subway locations, but now face the possibility of closing at least one.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: With apologies to Dori, walking and biking safer than driving
If walkers and cyclist are involved in 3 percent of collisions, as SDOT director Scott Kubly says, it means that motorists are involved in the other 97 percent.
710 ESPN SeattleFelix Hernandez talks Mariners, family, fashion and cars
Fresh off a strong spring training start, Mariners ace Felix Hernandez joined "Danny, Dave and Moore" for an interview that was as funny as it was informative.
- Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez, 20, dies
- Ackley homers but Happ hammered in Mariners' loss to Padres
- Seventh-seeded Michigan State returns to Final Four with OT win over Louisville
- Follow NCAA Tournament action here
- Podcasts: Felix, Cano, McClendon and other M's on "Danny, Dave and Moore"
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson works out with Texas Rangers
- 10-man FC Dallas holds off the Sounders, 0-0
- Baby claps on ultrasound and Skorheims welcome baby
- With apologies to Dori, walking and biking safer than driving
- 'Get Hard' will get laughs, but it's hardly good
- Tax scams: How to handle a bogus claim - 9 a.m. Sunday
- Poll: Seahawks throwback jerseys?
- Is Todd Starnes of FOX News a parody of a religious fanatic?
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- SeaTac murder suspect arrested after standoff in California
- Kemp homers as Padres beat Mariners 8-5
- Woman punched in face trying to help man walking on I-405
- Man sought in nephew's death in SeaTac caught in California
- Washington lawmakers consider powdered alcohol ban
- Mariners pitching prospect Sanchez dies 42 days after injury
- Woman, 2 year old killed, man injured in Washington shooting
Tax scams: How to handle a bogus claim - 9 a.m. Sunday
April 15 is right around the corner and tax scammers have surfaced again.
- Saints alive! Taking home marketing to a higher level
- Best time for open house continues to be 2 p.m. Sunday
- Housing affordability: Detroit, San Francisco at ends of spectrum
- Survey reveals most millennials unaware of closing costs
- Zillow rolls out new search tool targeting agent specialties
- Demand is high, so why are builders so cautious?
- Plan on writing credit bureau to clear up problem
- Why getting patients on their feet may speed recovery in ICU
- AP PHOTOS: Horsemen chase thrill of the hunt, scent of a fox
- Cote de Pablo returns to CBS in 'The Dovekeepers' miniseries
- A look at US Bureau of Reclamation rural water projects
- 4 tips to avoid getting fleeced by your broker
- Robin Williams' wife, children head to court in estate fight
- Feds to wrap up case in 1st phase of marathon bombing trial
- Scenes from Emerald City Comicon: Big crowds, amazing cosplay
- Home improvement startup Porch inks lease for former Zulily building, doubling office space
- Former Amazon Web Services employees merge cloud consulting firms
- App of the Week: Layout from Instagram makes collages a snap
- This sports franchise may be the first to broadcast a game via Twitter’s new video app Periscope
- GeekWire Radio: A parents’ guide to video games for kids and families
- Microsoft reveals Halo 5 release date, teases plot in new live-action trailer
- Investigators focus on German co-pilot's mental state
- Iran nuclear talks at crunch time
- Former Israeli Premier Olmert convicted in corruption case
- Airstrikes shake Yemen's capital as Shiite rebels push south
- South Korean firm named sole bidder for big fighter jet deal
- Wild rhino enters Nepal city, killing 1 and injuring several
- Campaign begins for most unpredictable election in decades
- A look at what's been lost to history
- Clinton email dustup latest in 'delete, erase' era of gov't
- National parks call on Americans to 'Find Your Park'
- Obama to headline Kennedy Institute dedication
- Late audits halt trading in Morgan Stanley-backed stocks
- Pentagon chief mulls easing military enlistment standards
- Fiorina likely GOP presidential candidate, attacks Clinton
- After uproar, Utah restaurant statue loses prominent feature
- Grandma is a centerfold: Rest home bares all for calendar
- Arizona man finds gun inside used golf bag
- Mystery of California hilltop piano solved
- Oregon's pink chicken mystery solved; owner explains
- Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but what to do?
- Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie