Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 2:30 pm
TV ratings up for NCAA tournament
NEW YORK (AP) - The NCAA tournament's television ratings for the regional semifinals and finals are up 13 percent from last year.
The games Thursday through Sunday on CBS and TBS averaged a 7.0 rating and 14 share, up from a 6.2/12 last season.
CBS and Turner said Monday the tournament is averaging a 6.2/13 overall this year, the best since 2005.
Ratings measure the percentage of American homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of those with TVs in use at the time.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Report: Seahawks to re-sign Anthony McCoy
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »