Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 2:30 pm
TV ratings up for NCAA tournament
NEW YORK (AP) - The NCAA tournament's television ratings for the regional semifinals and finals are up 13 percent from last year.
The games Thursday through Sunday on CBS and TBS averaged a 7.0 rating and 14 share, up from a 6.2/12 last season.
CBS and Turner said Monday the tournament is averaging a 6.2/13 overall this year, the best since 2005.
Ratings measure the percentage of American homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of those with TVs in use at the time.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »