Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 8:05 am
Putin: Gift could counter Super Bowl ring flap
MOSCOW (AP) - Facing what he drolly called a "complicated international problem," Vladimir Putin says he's ready to give the New England Patriots' owner custom jewelry to compensate for the Super Bowl ring that some imply the Russian president pocketed.
The Super Bowl ring changed hands in 2005 when Robert Kraft was visiting Putin with a business delegation. At the time, he said he gave it as a gift, but last week he was quoted by the New York Post as saying Putin just took it.
Putin said at an economic forum Friday he didn't remember Kraft or the ring. But "if it is so valuable to him," Putin would order a piece of jewelry of precious metal and stones be made for Kraft.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- More Seattle Seahawks »