Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 8:05 am
Putin: Gift could counter Super Bowl ring flap
MOSCOW (AP) - Facing what he drolly called a "complicated international problem," Vladimir Putin says he's ready to give the New England Patriots' owner custom jewelry to compensate for the Super Bowl ring that some imply the Russian president pocketed.
The Super Bowl ring changed hands in 2005 when Robert Kraft was visiting Putin with a business delegation. At the time, he said he gave it as a gift, but last week he was quoted by the New York Post as saying Putin just took it.
Putin said at an economic forum Friday he didn't remember Kraft or the ring. But "if it is so valuable to him," Putin would order a piece of jewelry of precious metal and stones be made for Kraft.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Cano
- Jim Moore
Hawks-49ers will come down to the best team
- Danny O'Neil
Hawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Report: Brandon Browner declines lesser suspension
- James Carpenter resumes starting role at left guard
- Seahawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks' Percy Harvin out against 49ers
- Brandon Browner sits out Thursday's practice
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- More Seattle Mariners »